Read 1598 times

• nethie
  • Adventurer

• November 04, 2013, 08:10:22 am
Who are some of these weirdos making powerpoints?
« on: December 04, 2013, 08:48:32 pm »
I try to be funny to my students but sometimes when I see some of the things people put in their slides I'm just going "wtf."

I came across a few before but today I came across I slide for "I want/I don't want" 5th grade lesson and one slide said "I want to ride a boy" and the other was "I want to eat my kids." I dont understand....just wtf.... does anyone else find it weird and disturbing?

• bird212
  • Super Waygook

• May 05, 2013, 01:25:37 am
    • United States
Re: Who are some of these weirdos making powerpoints?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 08:52:23 pm »
That sounds pretty bizarre to me.  Sometimes I'm shocked at the PPTs that I download from this site.  Spelling errors, weird examples, shoddy explanations, and busy/terrible looking slides and organization.  I try not to judge because many people seem to be learning on the job, but sometimes I think...Come on!!

When I actually find one that I don't have to alter I feel so accomplished!  Usually I need to spend time altering or just use them for inspiration and make my own.
Get $10 off your first order at www.iherb.com with this code KRG363

• jackdaniels
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 18, 2009, 02:00:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:56:30 pm »
I try to be funny to my students but sometimes when I see some of the things people put in their slides I'm just going "wtf."

I came across a few before but today I came across I slide for "I want/I don't want" 5th grade lesson and one slide said "I want to ride a boy" and the other was "I want to eat my kids." I dont understand....just wtf.... does anyone else find it weird and disturbing?

If you find inappropriate lesson material report it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:58:20 pm by jackdaniels »

• Arsalan
  • Site Programmer

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 05:53:16 am »
Yes, I'd like to re-iterate that last point.   Please report something if it's inappropriate, we'll do something about it.  Lastly, if you make changes you feel provide a marked difference in the quality of a PPT, please do upload and suggest the changed PPT. :-)

It will make things better for everyone.
https://REDThanos.com
https://www.facebook.com/arsalan.lavang.9

"My heart bursts into starlight,
like collapsing ecstasy."