Read 3433 times

• jackdaniels
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 18, 2009, 02:00:00 pm
What is it with this idiot?
I don't want to say it but he isn't going to last very long behind bars.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/florida-george-zimmerman-arrest/index.html

(CNN) -- George Zimmerman was charged Monday with felony aggravated assault after allegedly pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend, according to Dennis Lemma, chief deputy with the Seminole County, Florida, Sheriff's Office.

Zimmerman, who was acquitted earlier this year of murdering teenager Trayvon Martin, was arrested after the incident at the home of Samantha Scheibe, Lemma said. He also was charged with two misdemeanors -- domestic violence battery and criminal mischief -- in connection with the same incident, Lemma said.

Zimmerman is being held in jail without bail and will make his first appearance in front of a judge Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. ET.

Differing 911 calls

Deputy: Zimmerman barricaded door
According to a police report on the incident, Scheibe said that after an argument Zimmerman broke a table with a shotgun then pointed it at her "for a minute."

Scheibe called 911 at 12:30 E.T., Lemma said.

On a 911 call recording released by police, a woman can be heard telling authorities: "He's inside my house breaking all my (things) because I asked him to leave."

The woman then says to someone at the house, "I'm doing this again? You just broke my glass table. You just broke my sunglasses and you put your gun in my freaking face and told me to get the (expletive) out."

A man is heard telling her to calm down, but then she tells the dispatcher that the man just pushed her out of the house and locked the door.

On a separate 911 call, a man calls to report that his girlfriend was "for lack of a better term, going crazy on me" and throwing his things out. The caller says the woman is outside with police.

When asked why he is calling, the man says, "I just want everyone to know the truth."

He says he never pulled a firearm and that it is in a bag, locked. He claims she was the one who broke the table.

When deputies arrived at the house, Scheibe gave them a key. When they pushed open the door -- which was blocked by several small pieces of furniture -- they found Zimmerman, who was sitting and unarmed, Lemma said. He was passive and cooperative, Lemma said.

The sheriff's office was seeking a search warrant to look for two guns deputies believed were inside the home, he said. According to the police report, Zimmerman had locked up the guns before police arrived.

Recent contact with authorities

This is one of several brushes that Zimmerman has had with law enforcement since he was acquitted this year of murder and manslaughter in the 2012 shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

Earlier this month, police in Lake Mary, Florida, said no charges would result from an alleged domestic dispute in September between George Zimmerman and his estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman.

Shellie Zimmerman said in September that she has doubts about his innocence in the Trayvon Martin case.

Since his acquittal in the Martin case, Zimmerman also has been stopped for speeding twice. He was pulled over the first time in Forney, Texas, in July and told the police officer he had a concealed weapon permit and a gun in his glove compartment. The officer wrote on his incident report that he gave Zimmerman a verbal warning.

Zimmerman was pulled over in early September going 60 mph in a 45-mph zone in Lake Mary and received a $256 ticket. He was not carrying a weapon at the time.

National headlines

Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in the Sanford neighborhood where Zimmerman and Martin's father lived in February 2012. Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, had a confrontation with the unarmed African-American teen after calling police to report a suspicious person, and he said he shot Martin, 17, in self-defense.

Zimmerman was acquitted by a six-person jury in July on second-degree murder and manslaughter charges.

The high-profile case sparked a heated nationwide discussion of race as well as debate over Florida's "stand your ground" law.

he should know better

never take your gun out unless you plan to use it

i don't think zimmerman is a bad guy, i'm definitely glad he defended himself with trayvon

the media just loves to hate him because of white guilt and creating a new spectacle to rouse the rabble

• Chadwickhhs
  • Expert Waygook

• February 28, 2012, 07:04:14 pm
    more
He is presumed not guilty unless evidence is indicative otherwise. Presumptions aside though

If he did it: He's too stupid to live freely. I don't know if he wants to be caught when speeding and pulling guns out but if it's guilt than bar him and let him wrangle his conscience. Maybe he just thinks he's invincible after getting off the hook each time. That'll change.

If she lied on the phone and thereafter: We know she thinks very little of him since speaking on CNN against him. It's possible she was being clever and spiteful trying to hurt him in a way where he would be met with notoriety bias. This is a serious offense and not to be taken lightly. She should be punished heavily for making a false report.

Regardless of what you think of the Martin case, this guy is a bit strange to not keep a low profile afterwards. Innocent or not, an event like that will mark you for life and you'll have to deal with the ramifications wherever you go. Best to keep your head down, but that's just my opinion.
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm

• cinamon
  • Super Waygook

• May 18, 2010, 12:15:53 pm

he should know better

never take your gun out unless you plan to use it

i don't think zimmerman is a bad guy, i'm definitely glad he defended himself with trayvon

the media just loves to hate him because of white guilt and creating a new spectacle to rouse the rabble

I'm glad I'm black so I don't have to pay for the sins of my great great great great grandfather.

Wait isn't Zimmerman Mexican?

• GoCyclones
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 01, 2012, 10:34:54 am
    • Central Seoul
I don't trust the wife at all.

With that said, I have always believed the original confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman was two idiots who ended up in a fight.  How Martin was killed was totally legal, IMHO.  He got what he deserved for playing the stupid game that he did.

Zimmerman, however, is an idiot who probably has anger management issues in his own right.

• Wintermute
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 06, 2011, 01:07:27 pm
    • MURRICA!!!
    more
this poor guy, he can not catch a break.

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
I don't trust the wife at all.

How Martin was killed was totally legal, IMHO. 

Then the law is wrong? 

What does this have to do with living and working in Korea?  We have plenty of other sources if we want to read about this bald idiot in Florida.

What does this have to do with living and working in Korea?  We have plenty of other sources if we want to read about this bald idiot in Florida.

Absolutely nothing. That's why it's in 'open' discussions. Not everything on this site is related to Korea and/or teaching. Variety is the spice of life yeah?
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm

• goodbyebadguy
  • Waygookin

• March 05, 2013, 10:52:10 am
    • Dong-gu, Daegu, South Korea
    more
Seeing as he should already be buried under the jail, it's no surprise that he's acting out. Look at how it went down with OJ, and now he's locked up too.

What a psycho

• nimrand
  • Super Waygook

• April 07, 2013, 07:40:28 am
    • Lawrence, KS

I hope you're being sarcastic.  It's not like Zimmerman is just a victim that was in wrong place at the wrong time.  He followed a kid for being the wrong skin color, after the police told him to stop, twice.  The confrontation, which was 100% avoidable, resulted in the kid's death.  I have no sympathy for him.

• GoCyclones
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 01, 2012, 10:34:54 am
    • Central Seoul

I hope you're being sarcastic.  It's not like Zimmerman is just a victim that was in wrong place at the wrong time.  He followed a kid for being the wrong skin color, after the police told him to stop, twice.  The confrontation, which was 100% avoidable, resulted in the kid's death.  I have no sympathy for him.

Media lemming much?

Court evidence proved that he:

1.  Never "followed" Trayvon.
2.  Was actually ENCOURAGED by the dispatcher to get an address.

The reason why some of you are so upset about this is because you relied on a bias media with an agenda for your facts (a media that went so far as to get caught editing the tapes to make their point seem valid, no less), rather than actual police record and testimony.

Media lemming much?

The reason why some of you are so upset about this is because you relied on a bias media with an agenda for your facts (a media that went so far as to get caught editing the tapes to make their point seem valid, no less), rather than actual police record and testimony.

Here is a transcript of the 911 call.  Scroll down to the highlighted part.  I'll wait for your apology about who is misinformed.
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

While GoCyclones is educating himself, the fact of the matter is, because of the way the Florida law is written, it allowed Mr. Zimmerman to murder put himself in a situation where he had to defend himself against a person that was minding his own business put in a confrontational situation initiated by George Zimmerman. It is what it is.  George Zimmerman was and is a person who is dangerous to those around him and we are now seeing it on display.  He beat his case and now feels he can do whatever he pleases pressure from a world that isn't fair.  He will eventually get what he so rightly deserves.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:51:02 am by Traveling T.O. »
You are never guaranteed happiness, only the right to pursue it.  So, what are you waiting for?  Get going!

• nimrand
  • Super Waygook

• April 07, 2013, 07:40:28 am
    • Lawrence, KS
Media lemming much?

Firstly, as TO showed, I'm not the one who is misinformed.  Secondly, I'm not "upset."  Trayvon was probably at least partially responsible for his own death.  As I see it, it took two idiots to create this confrontation and end the way it did.  Only, one of the two was rewarded for his stupidity with death, and the other got a court trial and lots of negative media attention.  Which one got off easier?  As I said, Zimmerman is not deserving of my sympathy.