Read 3447 times

Fear of Flying: Short Video, vocabulary and worksheet.
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:14:29 am »
This lesson is based around the short video "Fear of Flying".
There's a tongue twister at the beginning that's pretty challenging, so you may want to change it or remove it entirely.
The first few slides are introduction and some vocab (the video does not have subtitles, but it doesn't seem to be too big a problem). You then watch a little more than half of the video, (pause it after the squirrel robs him) go through the slides again, elicit respponses and guesses as to what will happen next.
Then watch the rest of the video and finish the slides.
There is a worksheet, I'd like to know how students would help other people get over a fear, but it hasn't been tested yet, so no idea how it'll go over. If you don't want to finish with that, I suggest another activity because it is a fairly short lesson, and you will not fill the whole class.
I am from Canada, the pictures from how cold Canada is are taken from the 1998 ice storm (i know, kinda cheating), and I also have my own personal fear in there, so you may want to change that.

Re: Fear of Flying: Short Video, vocabulary and worksheet.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:10:12 am »
This is a really cute video and your ppt will work well, unfortunately I have already done a phobias lesson, but this presents material and learning objectives in a different angle so it might work.  I have seen this vid floating around esl 2.0 and also on this site: it is a gold mine of vids and ideas for lesson plans. Hopefully people will find it of use.   

http://film-english.com/tag/efl-lesson-plan/

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:10 am »
Yes!
Sorry, thank you for pointing that out. Film English is a great ESL site, I saw the video on there, but the lesson plan didn't really work for my students. Sorry should have given credit, thanks for the reply.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:42:21 pm »
This looks like a good lesson. Please upload the video clips that were originally embedded in your ppt though, they are not playing when I open the ppt.

• Bester
  • Adventurer

• May 01, 2011, 07:40:37 pm
    • Gwangju, Korea
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:18:36 pm »
here is a link for the video:

http://vimeo.com/46141955