Read 36532 times

Re: Starcraft bomb game (Itís about time!)
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 08:05:32 pm »
Thank you for this game :)

I have a Office 2008 so Daejon's games and all his fancy macros are not working very well for me. I took this bomb game, changed the aesthetics, and added one more race for those with over 40 students a class.

If anybody uses my version, but wants to keep with the original three races, just delete the "hybrid" pictures. (But keep the slides)

Office 2008 for Mac doesn't offer trigger options, so the choosing the race part is a little faulty, but can be fixed quickly using your trusty pcs. (I'm just going to have the teams choose and race on slide 5 and go straight to the questions by clicking the home.)

Thanks again for your bomb game!

ActiveX content will not work on Macs because macs default movie player is quicktime, which cannot play .swf files.  You must be the only person in Korea that uses Mac at school.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 09:12:04 pm »
 The attachment I posted earlier claiming it was my version of CultureShock's awesome game is in fact, not my version. I ended up not saving the template before inserting my review questions in.   :-\

Anyways, Here is the game for my review class.
---

ActiveX content will not work on Macs because macs default movie player is quicktime, which cannot play .swf files.  You must be the only person in Korea that uses Mac at school.

Haha It may seem so, but I really don't think I am the only mac user. (eatyourkimchi ppl is a prominent example).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:14:40 pm by rookiewaygook »

• Sprite06
  • Featured Contributor

• September 22, 2010, 11:21:29 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 08:30:10 am »
Thought you might be interested to know that somebody by the name of "형하하" has ripped your game off.

http://greenetwork.tistory.com/409

• Andyroo
  • Expert Waygook

• February 09, 2011, 12:49:41 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 09:51:20 am »
Thought you might be interested to know that somebody by the name of "형하하" has ripped your game off.

There like to be quite a few files posted on Waygook that have found their way to that site.

They even put a different name on the powerpoint.

• Sprite06
  • Featured Contributor

• September 22, 2010, 11:21:29 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2012, 10:01:48 am »

There like to be quite a few files posted on Waygook that have found their way to that site.

Yeah, that's the part that bothers me.
Posting other's material is cool, but taking the time to photoshop the original creator's name out of it, and replacing it with your own, is low.

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 12:02:44 pm »

Yeah, that's the part that bothers me.
Posting other's material is cool, but taking the time to photoshop the original creator's name out of it, and replacing it with your own, is low.

That is so lame.

• CultureShock
  • Adventurer

• September 13, 2010, 12:25:26 pm
    • Ulsan, South Korea
    more
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 05:43:34 am »

That person sure did. Wish I could navigate that site a little better. I don't like being ripped off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, an elephant is faithful one hundred percent!
-Dr. Seuss

• Jinzo_eX
  • Newgookin

• August 27, 2012, 06:48:10 am
    • Gwangju
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2012, 08:36:54 am »
This is an amazing game and I have a feeling that it will become an institution in my classroom. Thank you for the hard work!

• namerae
  • Featured Contributor

• September 26, 2011, 09:38:41 am
    • Anyang, South Korea
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »
I'm having two problems with this PPT. I think it might be because my school's computers are old. I've downloaded the game several times on different machines but there are still issues.

1- boxes for questions that have been answered won't disappear after "giving points"

2- Daejeon's scoreboard won't respond in full screen mode.

I'm not sure if the box problem is being caused by the scoreboard not responding or what. I don't think they are related. I also had to go in and hyperlink everything myself.... so maybe that killed something.

Please help if you know what I should do... I'm confused by the Korean version of Office, otherwise I might know how to fix it.

• bbNiks
  • Adventurer

• March 03, 2013, 03:15:46 am
    • US
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2013, 12:31:07 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks to the OP, this is an AWESOME game!

• emwsu
  • Veteran

• November 28, 2010, 09:19:06 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:46 pm »
This just saved me! I had a student ask for a Starcraft game. And I know nothing about the game... I'm sure the HS boys will love it!

Next step is to learn something about the game to have some game related Q's...

• fi.chan
  • Explorer

• October 19, 2013, 09:25:35 am
    • Canada
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 02:42:09 pm »
Thanks for the game! I bet the boys would love it haha