Read 3814 times

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
    • ROK
    more
Hello everyone,

Quick question...this temple is in the Korean drama "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" or "My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox" (Hangeul: 내 여자친구는 구미호 )

Looks beautiful, and I'm guessing this time of the year (autumn leaves) it'd be even prettier...does anyone know what the temple is called or where it is?

Thanks!
*click*

• namerae
  • Featured Contributor

• September 26, 2011, 09:38:41 am
    • Anyang, South Korea
To be honest, it looks like it's been 'shopped.

Lots of searching on the 'net didn't result in much, either.

• Janitor
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• June 14, 2010, 02:01:32 pm
    • Ulsan
Yeah, I did a recerse image search and even checked the korean sites and there was nothing

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• ROK
    more
Perhaps...I'll ask my Korean coworkers tomorrow, maybe they'll know something...here's another image I found of it:

*click*

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• ROK
    more
I'm not sure, sorry. I basically took a picture of another temple, and someone asked me if it was the temple from this drama. So I searched and realized that they're two different, but equally awesome temples...so now I'm on the hunt for this one. :)
*click*

It looks like it could be a prop temple in the lake where Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring was filmed. Real lake. The temple was artificially made for the movie, as was the one in the drama, most likely. In this movie it floated. Filmed at  Jusan Pond in Cheongsong County, North Gyeongsang Province

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:51:05 am by salambander »

• jay0003
  • Adventurer

• March 06, 2013, 07:37:44 am
    • gyeonggi
Many historical K-Dramas are filmed around a massive lake near Chungju. Large Joseon town sets are owned by the big networks there. Looks very similar to that lake. I'm blanking on the name atm.

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• ROK
    more
Salambander...you're AWESOME!!! Thank you so much! :)

You're completely right, it's Jusan Pond (I think that roughly translates to 주산지, right?). I think that's just inside Juwangsan National Park. It seems like the building has since been destroyed, as it was just a temporary film prop. Too bad, it looks cool, but I think the park/pond itself (even without the "temple") may be worth a visit. I may go there this weekend...turns out I actually had Juwangsan National Park's KTO site bookmarked anyways, for a future visit. :)

Thanks a lot, really appreciate you solving this mystery!

If anyone else is interested, here's more info on the pond and surrounding national park:

Juwangsan National Park:

http://www.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=264150

The county:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheongsong_County

Google Image search of Jusan Pond (주산지):

https://www.google.co.kr/search?q=%EC%A3%BC%EC%82%B0%EC%A7%80&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=quWCUouLO4bYigeh24Eo&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=784&bih=641
*click*

• Wintermute
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 06, 2011, 01:07:27 pm
    • MURRICA!!!
    more
It looks like it could be a prop temple in the lake where Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring was filmed.

i remember that movie, purty gewd. i'd live in that temple. living the easy life...and after life...

Glad I could help. I want to live in a floating temple too...