Read 1908 times

• amy1021
  • Newgookin

• October 01, 2013, 10:15:29 pm
    • Songdo, Incheon, South Korea
Small animal adoptions
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »
Hi!

I'm not sure if there are any SPCA type places in Seoul, but I'm pretty sure they only have cats and dogs. Is there anywhere you can adopt small pets, like rabbits? I live in Incheon, but I would also travel to Seoul!

Thanks! :smiley:

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
Re: Small animal adoptions
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 09:27:36 am »
Hi!

I'm not sure if there are any SPCA type places in Seoul, but I'm pretty sure they only have cats and dogs. Is there anywhere you can adopt small pets, like rabbits? I live in Incheon, but I would also travel to Seoul!

http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/

You can also see a list of animal shelters in Korea on this site.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:37 am »
They sell fuzzy bunny rabbits in the shijang's like as if they are a loaf of bread.  Visit your local major shijang and you may find them.  Probably cost around 10 dollars but I don't know if they will last.

• amy1021
  • Newgookin

• October 01, 2013, 10:15:29 pm
    • Songdo, Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:32:15 am »
Thanks!

red dog: Is there any way to translate that website? I tried with google but it doesn't work.

• red dog
  • Veteran

• January 14, 2012, 09:27:20 am
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:37:12 pm »
Thanks!

red dog: Is there any way to translate that website? I tried with google but it doesn't work.

Hi,

My Korean skills aren't very good, but if you can read Hangul you can learn to scan the website for basic information: place names, the animal's age and sex, etc. If you're interested in a specific animal it's best to ask a Korean speaker for help making phone calls and appointments--the animals on the site are either in pounds or vet clinics and most are in danger of being killed after their holding period is up. I agree with the previous poster that adopting through Animal Rescue Korea is much easier if language barriers are an issue (another issue in pounds is disease). But you can see from the government site that many kinds of animals need homes in Korea, not just dogs and cats.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »
I would recommend Animal Rescue Korea. The website is predominantly in English and there is an adoptable others tab you can click on to find pets other than dogs and cats. I got my two kittens from a foster family on the website, and I adore them. Two of their siblings are still on there if anyone wants a 6 month old kitten. They're the batman named kitties; Alfred and Bane.

Anyway, the others tab,  has rabbits, hamsters, and whatever else you can think of, but not many at the same time. I think it's just rabbits and hamsters at the moment. Think I saw a hedgehog on there once.

• jackdaniels
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 18, 2009, 02:00:00 pm
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 05:44:34 pm »
Hi!

Still looking for a bunny?

• harmoniums
  • Explorer

• October 14, 2013, 10:56:04 pm
    • Gangneung, Gangwon-do
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »
Also, if you scroll backwards in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" tab there are bunnies, hamsters and hedgehogs up for free since their teacher parents are leaving. Good luck!

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 01:49:17 pm »
Stomper's still up for adoption http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/rabbit/2063