Read 1142 times

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
Signing a non evaluation form
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:47:15 pm »
My handler handed me a form to sign, asking me to hurry up and sign it. The form is me stating I donít want to be evaluated. But I never thought that. In fact, the opposite is true: I want to be evaluated. The form (I was told after further inquiry) says I donít want to be evaluated because I think I may be unfairly given a low score (which is not my feeling at all). I want to get an outside evaluation for my own improvement and because a high score could lead to an award or a job opportunity higher in the ranks of EPIK. (Could it? I am assuming it could.) My handler showed me the signatures of the foreign teachers before me who signed it. (Or who signed something anyways.) Then she said to sign it because the city Iím in doesnít allow evaluations anyways; because of this ordinance, it is not an option. But if that were true, why would I need to sign a form requesting to opt out? That makes no logical sense at all.

Hereís some of the form typed out:
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____________
상기 본인은 2013학년도 학교 교원능력 개발평가 평가대상자에 해당되오나 원어민보조교사로서 일주일에 3일만 전문반 위주로 영어과수업을 담당하고 있어 교원, 학생, 학부모와의 관계가 밀접하지 못하여 본인에 대한 정확한 평가를 받기에 어려움이 많으므로 평가대상자에서 제외시켜주실 것을 원합니다.

작성요령

소명서는 개인별 작성하여 제출
본인 소명방법 선택하여 체크
특이사항: 소명에 관계되거나 참고될 사항 기록
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _____

What should I do?

• jamasian
  • Super Waygook

• December 05, 2011, 03:02:00 pm
    • Suncheon, S. Korea
Re: Signing a non evaluation form
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:45:44 am »
That's weird. Either way you'll be evaluated and since the city "doesn't" allow for evaluations, you shouldn't have to sign it. Never came across this situation.

• cruisemonkey
  • Expert Waygook

• March 25, 2011, 02:17:57 pm
    • China
    more
Re: Signing a non evaluation form
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:47:42 am »
Something is rotten in Denmark.
The Ks once gave me five minutes notice. I didn't know what to do with the extra time.