Read 5353 times

• BloosCorn
  • Veteran

• August 31, 2012, 08:04:13 am
    • Yecheon, South Korea
Re: How does your school fit 100 hours of camp in a year?
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
I thought this sounded ridiculous, but I just added up all that I can remember doing and it's almost 80 hours of camp this year. Got extra pay for about half of it though for working on Saturday, which is fantastic. It's a lot of extra days of work, but my school is lenient with vacation days so I can't complain.

• scholes
  • Expert Waygook

• May 12, 2011, 10:01:50 pm
    • Beomgye
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 10:07:35 am »
I have 120 days of camp and the previous teacher apparently had 140. This means I had no vacation during the summer , however, the principal is only allowing me to take vacation between 23 Dec - 3 Jan since camp starts on 6th Jan 2014. That's 8 days given that Xmas and New years are holidays. He says I can't take vacation in spring because I need to prepare for the new year, lol.

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »
My contract used to specify 40 hours camp in summer and 40 hours in winter, although they have changed that to be more vague now (JLP).  In my first year we did the 40 in summer, but 80 in winter (with o/time for the extra 40 hours).  Since then I have just done the 40/40.  For the teacher mentioning 120 hours of camp interfering with vacation, vacation always comes ahead of camp, the have to give you your vacation days, camps are secondary to that.  A lot of people in my city didn't have to do winter camps last year due to vacation changes due to World Expo, as they had to use their vacation before their contract date.

• acousticr
  • Expert Waygook

• January 24, 2013, 11:42:50 am
    • Gyeonggi
    more
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »
I have 120 days of camp and the previous teacher apparently had 140. This means I had no vacation during the summer , however, the principal is only allowing me to take vacation between 23 Dec - 3 Jan since camp starts on 6th Jan 2014. That's 8 days given that Xmas and New years are holidays. He says I can't take vacation in spring because I need to prepare for the new year, lol.

They are required to give you your vacation days. It's in your contract.
$10 off your first order at iHerb.com with this code: BPC852

• scholes
  • Expert Waygook

• May 12, 2011, 10:01:50 pm
    • Beomgye
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 10:30:46 am »

They are required to give you your vacation days. It's in your contract.
Sorry I meant 120 hours. the new Gepik contract states vacation can be taken anytime as long as you don't have classes. I tried doing what this and had my co worker mess it up a day before I could take vacation. So I am stuck. I spoke again after chuseok with my principal. again he makes up a story saying I need to keep some days for emergencies. Anyway, Friday I needed to go the embassy, which, was kinda an emergency. I asked for a paid leave day according to that what he told me and he said no, if I want to go I can take unpaid leave. After that I file a petition with the labor board and I am waiting for a response now.
[/quote]