Read 4531 times

Prepositions
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:00:40 pm »
This is a lesson I modified from several different lessons that were posted previously on the subject. It basically reviews simple prepositions, and then moves onto prepositions of movement.

Notes about the lesson:
For the 2 pictures of "busy" scenes (the messy bedroom and the street), I had the students all stand up and I would give them a preposition, such as "on", and the first student to raise their hand and make a full sentence could choose his/her row or column to sit down. Play until all the students are sitting. Also, there wasn't enough time to draw the "crazy house", but that could be a review for the next class.

• judycyh
  • Explorer

• August 13, 2012, 01:11:39 am
    • Yong-in
Re: Prepositions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 04:24:14 am »
This is a lesson I modified from several different lessons that were posted previously on the subject. It basically reviews simple prepositions, and then moves onto prepositions of movement.

Notes about the lesson:
For the 2 pictures of "busy" scenes (the messy bedroom and the street), I had the students all stand up and I would give them a preposition, such as "on", and the first student to raise their hand and make a full sentence could choose his/her row or column to sit down. Play until all the students are sitting. Also, there wasn't enough time to draw the "crazy house", but that could be a review for the next class.
It is awesome!! Thank you for sharing. :smiley:

• Wintermute
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 06, 2011, 01:07:27 pm
    • MURRICA!!!
    more
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:32:56 am »
very good stuff here folks. totes recommend.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:20 am »
Top notch!

• ohmymyesl
  • Adventurer

• September 25, 2010, 09:53:57 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 12:44:37 pm »
Thank you for sharing and posting. It's just lovely! Can't wait to try this  with my grade one students next week!

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:00:30 pm »
Thanks.  This lesson is going well for me and I think the material is varied and applicable enough to last a couple lessons. 

Just to get more speaking in, I made a charades/speed-quiz-style game.  I've attached it below.  I didn't include the rules on the ppt, but it's like any other charades game.    Groups of six work best with three facing away from the screen while the other three act it out.  You could allow "Where is (name)?"  from the actors to get more speaking out of the activity.

Some fun TPR and they like figuring out how to arrange themselves to communicate the expression. 

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:40:15 pm »
Great lesson. I think my kids will really appreciate how its structured.

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 08:50:40 am »
The structure of this one is pretty good. I will adapt it for my class perhaps. Thank you very much.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:16 am »
This is what I use to teach prepositions, but it does not include prepositions of movement as I try to restrict new vocabulary to seven items or fewer per class.

• doinmahbest
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2013, 10:45:58 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 10:28:43 am »
Thanks op! Great stuff!
Your only consistency should be unpredictability.