Read 2313 times

  • Brian
  • Featured Contributor

    • 735

    • September 19, 2006, 01:07:56 pm
    • Pittsburgh / Jeollanam-do
Hurry!: Foreign teachers may be available for tax refund.
« on: October 15, 2008, 01:13:58 pm »
There is a 240,000 won tax refund available for Koreans and (some) foreigners earning between 24 an 36 million won.  The form is called "유가환급금 신청 의뢰서" and the deadline is Monday, October 20th.  It will hinge on your income and whether you pay taxes already (if you've been here less than 2 years you don't).  Ask your school about it.  Turns out my school applied for me earlier in the month. 

If you can navigate Korean you can view and download the form via a Naver search.  The form is available here, for the time being, but is reproduced on countless other Korean sites:
In Korea from 2005 - 2010, not in Korea now.  Please contact an active moderator for quick answers to your questions.

Current project:

  • suzettec
  • Veteran

    • 113

    • June 28, 2010, 03:20:45 pm
    • Nakseo, South Korea
Re: Hurry!: Foreign teachers may be available for tax refund.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 11:30:14 am »
If you did not get an excemption form from the U.S. stating you are a resident you will have to pay taxes in Korea even your first two years.  You are not automatically excempt.