Read 3918 times

Movie dvds to buy? Korean subtitles and region 3
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:44:43 pm »
Hi,

I want to buy a few movie dvd's for one of my Friday after school class. I know what I want already so I don't need suggestions.

I am just wondering if there is anywhere online in Korea or outside that ships dvd's quickly.

I need the dvd's to have korean subtitles and be region 3. Korea.

Any ideas.

Regards :)

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: Movie dvds to buy? Korean subtitles and region 3
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »
gmarket? or synnara is a good store for physical media.

if the movie is newer, then home plus is good too.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• elzoog
  • Expert Waygook

• July 15, 2009, 08:22:23 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:14 pm »
I usually don't bother buying the DVD.   I download the movie and then have the coteacher find a subtitle file.   Then I play it with GOM player.   Sometimes you can find the subtitle file yourself by going to this web site.

http://gom.gomtv.com/jmdb/index.html

If you must have the DVD, after downloading the files you could burn the DVD yourself.    This is basically what the people in the Yongsan electronics market do (except they have equipment where they can burn the DVD fast).

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:11 am »
i too recommend downloading and using subtitles

but if you have the money, i bet you could use yes24 or kyobo's website to order dvds

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 07:16:39 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the information to date.

I have tried using Gmarket, but it has been so painfully slow that I nearly ended up planting my laptop in the wall.
After 2 attempts to pay for  the dvd i'm still not sure if my payment went through.

Synara was all in korean and I couldn't find the english version.

Yes, downloading would be my best option but it seems to take forever and as for adding subtitles, it just seems like more of my time wasted.

Weighing up all my options, I would happily pay the 8000 won for the dvd delivered to my door......if I could, but I cant.

Thanks Hank, i'll check out those websites you gave me.

Yours frustratingly,
Globetrotter

• mlcarn
  • Adventurer

• September 15, 2010, 03:06:06 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »
Just download your movie (it should work super-fast here) and find the English subtitles here (http://cineast.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=psd_caption&mv_no=&sca=&sfl=wr_subject||wr_subject&stx=charlie+and+the&sop=and&x=0&y=0), open them in the Gom Player, and that's all! If you download most DVD rips the subtitles should be timed perfectly... if not, it's really easy to adjust on Gom Player. I really don't think it's worth it to buy DVDs, unless you are really serious about the whole paying artists for their work thing.

• mlcarn
  • Adventurer

• September 15, 2010, 03:06:06 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:03:51 pm »
Sorry- just realized that link might be a little strange, since when I bookmarked it I was viewing results for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," but I think it should still work.

Just download your movie (it should work super-fast here) and find the English subtitles here (http://cineast.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=psd_caption&mv_no=&sca=&sfl=wr_subject||wr_subject&stx=charlie+and+the&sop=and&x=0&y=0), open them in the Gom Player, and that's all! If you download most DVD rips the subtitles should be timed perfectly... if not, it's really easy to adjust on Gom Player. I really don't think it's worth it to buy DVDs, unless you are really serious about the whole paying artists for their work thing.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 01:15:15 pm »
Hi , thanks

I took another look at downloading again last night and managed to download 'the Goonies' in about a half hour.

I just need to get the subtitles on now so i'm hoping this works out as easy.

Regards