Read 3519 times

Visa Run in Hong Kong
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:03:21 am »
Hey everybody!

Have any of you done a visa run to Hong Kong recently? I'm planning on going this Wednesday through Sunday, and want to make sure that the two days the consulate will be open is enough time to get my E-2 processed. I searched here and on Dave's, and the most recent post I could find was from 2011 (it sounds like it was pretty efficient then, but I want to make sure nothing's changed since).

Thanks!

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
Re: Visa Run in Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 04:43:50 pm »
They look to be pretty speedy.   From 2 to 3 days.  Yet I might consider adding an extra day.   Getting a quick visa sometimes requires specific timing likes getting there in the morning and picking up later the next day.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=201229
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=190367
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=210420

hint for the future search waygook and eslcafe with the site: search operator
ie site:forums.eslcafe.com/korea hong kong visa run.

Good Luck
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:44:49 am »
I'm applying for the E-2 korean visa for the first time. Could a visa run to Hong Kong still work?

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 12:55:27 pm »
I'm applying for the E-2 korean visa for the first time. Could a visa run to Hong Kong still work?

Don't see why not.   Through if you are coming to Korea first on a tourist or visa waiver - Japan might be better.    Sometimes - sometimes the first visa is best applied to in persons home country.  This is if things go sideways and an Interview with the consulate is needed.  Through the odds of that are very low.
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:13:02 am »
Hello!

I am thinking about doing a E-2 visa run in Hong Kong.  I am wondering if anyone has any updated information for me as far as how long it will take to process while I am there.  I have seen threads from a few years ago, but nothing recent.

Thank you!

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 09:39:39 am »
As of July 2016: Arrived Thursday morning (4:30am flight out of Seoul) and left Friday night (because I couldn't afford a mini vacation). I think my school must have arranged an overnight processing time because there was a sign on the glass that said visas will be available for pickup one full week from the day I was there. So, I believe 5 business days is standard but your school can request a faster pickup time.

• helena5884
  • Waygookin

• August 17, 2015, 10:28:26 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 12:35:18 pm »
I had to add an extra weekend/day onto my trip because it didn't take as long as they said it would. So, be prepared to do so. Fortunately, I went while MERS was in full swing, so changing my flight was easy :/