Read 1023 times

• sarajean
  • Waygookin

• June 16, 2011, 11:22:38 am
    • Minnesota
D10 to E2 process?
« on: August 27, 2013, 02:12:00 am »
Hey all. I've searched the site and couldn't find a topic about this already, so I'm sorry if I somehow missed it.

I currently hold a d10 visa, looking for a hagwon to work at after the one I was anticipating teaching at fell through. I've had an e2 for the past year, only switching to the d10 when I found out the job wasn't going to work out, but already had my plane ticket to return to Korea. I'm visiting home in America now and coming back to Korea to job hunt. What exactly is the process of switching back to an e2? Am I going to need any documents? I've read mixed things so I just want to make sure I'm not SOL if I do need documents but didn't bring them back to Korea with me.

MANY thanks to anyone who knows the answer!!

• aldrion
  • Waygookin

• February 02, 2013, 09:43:50 pm
Re: D10 to E2 process?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:11:04 am »
You will need a recent FBI report and another copy of your diploma appostilled however that is spelled.

• sarajean
  • Waygookin

• June 16, 2011, 11:22:38 am
    • Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 06:36:48 am »
You will need a recent FBI report and another copy of your diploma appostilled however that is spelled.

Will I need it from the US or Korea? Since I've been in Korea for the past year?

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 07:57:20 am »
Check with immigration. I was in a 'limbo' stage before. Just ran a little over my 'expiration' date, but i explained to immigration what my plan was. i told them that i plan on going back to the e-2 visa within a matter of days/weeks. they assured me that they would keep my documents (and they did). I didnt have to submit anything new, other than Employer documents and application. They held onto my documents and made the 'return to e2' quite smooth.
But you may want to have new copies of documents just to be on the safe side.
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:43:28 pm »
Should I help or not.  I am on strike an not actively helping.   Hmmmm

I have the instructions on a website.   The question is should I send you the link.  Are you worth it?
I will check you message box for the address.  It should answer your questions.

Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.