Read 8442 times

• girandola
  • Adventurer

• September 28, 2010, 12:11:15 pm
    • Seoul
Lesson 1 Meet My Friends - Introducing Other People
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:02:12 pm »
Hey all! Attached is a PPT I used to teach basic introductions ('This is _____' and 'Let me introduce ___') to my 1st graders. It's pretty adaptable for all ability levels, and designed to go with the green Georgeanna Hall textbook (i did the first part of that chapter, greetings, in a previous lesson). I started the class with the PPT for presentation, then went into a practice exercise. The bit with GD, TOP and IU at the beginning was just the warm-up - I told the students to imagine that they all met in Myeongdong one day and IU and GD didn't know each other, so TOP had to introduce them ('What can he say to introduce them to each other??'). This helped me gauge how much the students already knew.
Then, I printed out a bunch of pictures of Korean celebrities (and some random people) and had each student pick one at random, then pretend that the picture was a relative or friend and introduce the picture to a partner. The kids went CRAZY for this, it was awesome!! They really had a lot of fun talking about the pictures and pretending that they were relatives or whatever. Next, I had them write two interview questions for their partner and interview them; finally, all the students walked around the room introducing their partner to other people and sharing something special about them. Pretty self-explanatory if you take a look at the material.

Also, you should edit the 'parents' slide to include info on your own parents, not mine :>

• iMissSalt
  • Waygookin

• November 07, 2010, 08:48:58 pm
    • Ulsan, South Korea
Re: Lesson 1 Meet My Friends - Introducing Other People
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:35:47 pm »
My computer it's allowing me to open them up. Not sure why, since it explains it in Korean. Did anyone else have a problem?

• girandola
  • Adventurer

• September 28, 2010, 12:11:15 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:50:28 pm »
What version of Office do you have? I've attached the older versions; maybe they'll work for you :)

• Laurentia
  • Waygookin

• March 03, 2011, 02:39:17 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 02:10:36 pm »
Hi!
Thanks for this...
Do you have any other lesson plans for the other chapters of Georgenna Hall?
I like your ideas and are teaching from the same text book.
Laurentia

• alexcastle87
  • Waygookin

• February 19, 2011, 07:36:53 pm
    • incheon, south korea
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »
Hey I used your lesson in my class and the kids really enjoyed it. At the end of the lesson I played a quiz where i would show the students a pictue of a famous person or someone from the school and the first person to introduce them along with a relationship and something special won a piece of candy. They really njoyed that, especially introducing teachers.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:39:41 am »
Here's a quick PP to write about a best friend and guess my famous friend game.

• amadeus
  • Explorer

• March 24, 2011, 09:17:52 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:29:08 am »
I let them interview each other , like what they love or love to do and introduce each other.
I like the introducing your best friend too

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 10:01:50 pm »
Thanx for this lesson, it's really great. Doing a similar lesson with my 1st and 2nd grades so this is perfect! :-* :-* :-*

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 10:38:55 pm »
Hey!
Great ppt!  I found that the "Who Am I" activity was a big success with this lesson too.  The students loved guessing and making their own and it helped them use the sentences related to introducing people. :-)
Thanks for the post!