Read 185344 times

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• August 02, 2016, 08:56:46 pm
    • South Korea
Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #600 on: June 08, 2019, 08:41:32 pm »
How do I fill in the part for "Mailing Address" (10a -  10i)? I currently live in Korea. It seems like they want a US address. Do I just write it out by hand because korean address are too long. Also, for "state", do I just put NA?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 11:03:01 pm by JohnD »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #601 on: June 09, 2019, 09:19:49 pm »
How do I fill in the part for "Mailing Address" (10a -  10i)? I currently live in Korea. It seems like they want a US address. Do I just write it out by hand because korean address are too long. Also, for "state", do I just put NA?
Put in your Korean address. Write it in by hand if you have to. You can put the province in for state. 

• tisha12
  • Newgookin

• August 05, 2015, 08:27:59 am
    • Ulsan, South Korea
« Reply #602 on: June 13, 2019, 01:23:03 pm »
Hi guys. I'm having trouble getting an appointment on the INFOPASS website to submit my I-130. Is there a certain time the website refreshes for open spots? I've been keeping my eye on the website for the last week and a half with no luck. Would appreciate any tips you have! Thank you!

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #603 on: June 13, 2019, 08:27:44 pm »
Hi guys. I'm having trouble getting an appointment on the INFOPASS website to submit my I-130. Is there a certain time the website refreshes for open spots? I've been keeping my eye on the website for the last week and a half with no luck. Would appreciate any tips you have! Thank you!
I'd call and find out what's going on. Someone above had the same problem and I looked at a few different offices in the US just to compare and none of them were taking appointments.

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #604 on: October 04, 2019, 02:03:38 pm »
it seems like the close the USISC in Korea. Does it mean it's going to make it harder to get approved since we have to send it somewhere in Texas?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #605 on: October 04, 2019, 08:20:42 pm »
it seems like the close the USISC in Korea. Does it mean it's going to make it harder to get approved since we have to send it somewhere in Texas?
I think that's a fair assumption since the current administration is doing everything in its power to curb/halt immigration. There's even talk about sending green card holders back.

I know someone with a good job here (in the US) on a work visa whose company is sponsoring him for a green card and he;s been waiting for quite a while.

• CaitiB91
  • Newgookin

• March 05, 2018, 02:27:08 pm
    • Busan
« Reply #606 on: October 08, 2019, 10:24:18 am »

Most definitely. Before you could turn in your I-130 in at the office. Now you have to send it to the Dallas Lockbox. Currently going through the process right now. Where as before people have talked about the whole process taking a few months at the Korean USCIS office, the lockbox processing time says about 6 months.

We priority mailed our I-130 9-27-19. It got there 9-30-18 according to tracking. Once they open the packet, I have the notification form on top to get an email saying they received it. It's only been a little over a week and nothing yet (no that I expected anything yet). I can try to keep you updated on any progress with our case.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #607 on: October 08, 2019, 01:18:49 pm »

Most definitely. Before you could turn in your I-130 in at the office. Now you have to send it to the Dallas Lockbox. Currently going through the process right now. Where as before people have talked about the whole process taking a few months at the Korean USCIS office, the lockbox processing time says about 6 months.

We priority mailed our I-130 9-27-19. It got there 9-30-18 according to tracking. Once they open the packet, I have the notification form on top to get an email saying they received it. It's only been a little over a week and nothing yet (no that I expected anything yet). I can try to keep you updated on any progress with our case.

Iím gonna mail out the I-130 this week or next. Please keep us updated! Iím worried about the insurance requirements now.

• lhelena
  • Veteran

• March 11, 2018, 01:57:14 pm
    • Anseong
« Reply #608 on: October 08, 2019, 02:35:22 pm »

Iím gonna mail out the I-130 this week or next. Please keep us updated! Iím worried about the insurance requirements now.

The insurance thing has me so scared for when we go to do the visa for my husband next year. The last I read there was a chance it could get blocked in court, but who knows these days.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #609 on: October 08, 2019, 02:51:48 pm »
Yeah itís ridiculous. You have to prove insurance before moving back.

This group is pretty informative.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/974256975939799/?ref=group_browse

Do you have a checklist of everything you included with the initial application?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 03:03:08 pm by thunderlips »

• CaitiB91
  • Newgookin

• Busan
« Reply #610 on: October 09, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »

Actually, it seems you just have to prove you have the financial resources to afford medical care, not necessarily medical insurance. Maybe this will somehow factor into the form showing your financially able to support your spouse.

Do you have a checklist of everything you included with the initial application?

• CaitiB91
  • Newgookin

• Busan
« Reply #611 on: October 10, 2019, 10:22:35 am »
Yeah it’s ridiculous. You have to prove insurance before moving back.

Sorry,  I was on mobile and messed up my reply. It got put in the middle of your quote.  But I was saying:

Actually, it seems you just have to prove you have the financial resources to afford medical care, not necessarily medical insurance. Maybe this will somehow factor into the form showing your financially able to support your spouse.

And I have a self-made checklist because the actual sites didn't have one to print. I'll type it up and post it this afternoon.

Also, no receipt yet but I have the $535 charge now on my credit card, which means they have opened the packet now, about a week and a half after it was delivered.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #612 on: October 11, 2019, 09:19:12 am »

Sorry,  I was on mobile and messed up my reply. It got put in the middle of your quote.  But I was saying:

And I have a self-made checklist because the actual sites didn't have one to print. I'll type it up and post it this afternoon.

Also, no receipt yet but I have the $535 charge now on my credit card, which means they have opened the packet now, about a week and a half after it was delivered.

Cool thanks.

I found a checklist on the instruction page of the I-130, but it doesn't have all the supporting docs listed.

Yeah the insurance thing is weird, like how much do we need to have available. Also consider that the US's health care is some of the most expensive. I think we will just have to buy the wife private insurance, so as not to get flagged if she applies for citizenship and the new requirements about not accessing any government aid including Obamacare.

**Edit- did we still use the G-325a form or has the I-130a replaced it? Thanks!**
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:51:54 am by thunderlips »

• lhelena
  • Veteran

• March 11, 2018, 01:57:14 pm
    • Anseong
« Reply #613 on: October 11, 2019, 10:11:51 am »

Cool thanks.

I found a checklist on the instruction page of the I-130, but it doesn't have all the supporting docs listed.

Yeah the insurance thing is weird, like how much do we need to have available. Also consider that the US's health care is some of the most expensive. I think we will just have to buy the wife private insurance, so as not to get flagged if she applies for citizenship and the new requirements about not accessing any government aid including Obamacare.

**Edit- did we still use the G-325a form or has the I-130a replaced it? Thanks!**

Yeah my issue is they don't give an amount that they expect you to have. My husband will have a pretty good chunk of change from his pension payout, but if they're not going to nail down a dollar amount it's so risky. Since I'll have been here 3 years by the time we apply my parents will have to be his sponsor. I'm wondering if that will make a difference?

• CaitiB91
  • Newgookin

• Busan
« Reply #614 on: October 11, 2019, 11:44:24 am »

Cool thanks.

The I-130A is all you need for your spouse's information now.

Here is a checklist for you:
1. G1450 Form Credit Card Authorization ( or your check and it's form)-this should be first. they want their money
2. Cover letter & Itemization ( I didn't find anything that says you /have/ to have this, but I figured it was better and on a visa site it mentioned doing this. Just says "I'm filing the form I-130 on behalf of blablah" lists orders of documents and then signed at bottom. Figured it wouldn't harm having it)
3. G-1145 Notification Form
4. I-130
5. Marriage Certificate & Translation
6. Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage (same household, financial docs, passport stamps/tickets for shared trips, letters between each other, conversations, social media conversations, timeline of relationship, honeymoon trip booking/pics, affidavits of support, photos of the couple and family/friends)
7. I-130A
8. 2 passport style photos of petitioner and 2 of beneficiary
9. Copy of Petitioner's US Passport

I think I ended up having almost 100 pages once everything was put together. If you have any questions about anything, let me know.

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #615 on: Yesterday at 03:58:15 pm »

Cool thanks.

The I-130A is all you need for your spouse's information now.

Here is a checklist for you:
1. G1450 Form Credit Card Authorization ( or your check and it's form)-this should be first. they want their money
2. Cover letter & Itemization ( I didn't find anything that says you /have/ to have this, but I figured it was better and on a visa site it mentioned doing this. Just says "I'm filing the form I-130 on behalf of blablah" lists orders of documents and then signed at bottom. Figured it wouldn't harm having it)
3. G-1145 Notification Form
4. I-130
5. Marriage Certificate & Translation
6. Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage (same household, financial docs, passport stamps/tickets for shared trips, letters between each other, conversations, social media conversations, timeline of relationship, honeymoon trip booking/pics, affidavits of support, photos of the couple and family/friends)
7. I-130A
8. 2 passport style photos of petitioner and 2 of beneficiary
9. Copy of Petitioner's US Passport

I think I ended up having almost 100 pages once everything was put together. If you have any questions about anything, let me know.

Thanks for the info, before I send mine over, I'll look at your checklist? Does anyone have any updates on their process?