Read 183352 times

Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2017, 03:04:49 pm »
No it doesn't. Don't worry, I'm just inept. They are the wrong type of transcripts.

Transcript Types

We offer the following transcript types at no charge to you:

Tax Return Transcript - shows most line items including your adjusted gross income (AGI) from your original tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as filed, along with any forms and schedules. It doesn’t show changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is only available for the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years. A tax return transcript usually meets the needs of lending institutions offering mortgages and student loans. Note: the secondary spouse on a joint return must use Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T to request this transcript type. When using Get Transcript by Mail or phone, the primary taxpayer on the return must make the request. 
    Tax Account Transcript - shows basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income and all payment types. It also shows changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is available for the current tax year and up to 10 prior years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. When using Get Transcript by Mail or phone, you’re limited to the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

UPDATE:
HA. Scratch that. I am not as inept as I thought.
I had ordered transcripts for the last three years and each had to be done separately, but after ordering I realized that the IRS still had my address as it was written using the old system, and I had just had some trouble receiving a package from America that had used the old address system, so I called the IRS to update my address and then ordered each years' tax transcripts again. When I received my transcripts in my mailbox they came in six separate envelopes (AHN-vel-opes), so I assumed that they sent out two copies from each year due to my multiple requests. I only opened one to check because I wasn't sure if immigration needed these documents sealed. Since the contents of that one looked strange, I opened another one and it looked exactly the same. HOWEVER, now I realize that the six envelopes were not duplicates, but rather the IRS had sent out the Tax Account Transcripts and the Tax Return Transcripts for each year in separate envelopes, hence six.

These transcripts DON'T need to be in sealed envelopes, correct?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:35:06 pm by donovan »

• Cramsy
  • Explorer

• September 27, 2013, 07:46:01 pm
    • Australia
« Reply #541 on: July 21, 2017, 10:38:37 am »
Hey guys!

So we filed my i-130 6 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything back... so when I see people got replies in 3 days it's a little concerning. Anyone else had to wait this long?

• country09
  • Expert Waygook

• January 05, 2011, 10:04:21 am
« Reply #542 on: July 21, 2017, 10:54:50 am »
30 days was what I was told when I did it. I got it in half that time. Give them a call and find out. May want to double check with them that the email is correct.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #543 on: July 21, 2017, 11:03:02 am »
No it doesn't. Don't worry, I'm just inept. They are the wrong type of transcripts.

Transcript Types

We offer the following transcript types at no charge to you:

Tax Return Transcript - shows most line items including your adjusted gross income (AGI) from your original tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as filed, along with any forms and schedules. It doesn’t show changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is only available for the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years. A tax return transcript usually meets the needs of lending institutions offering mortgages and student loans. Note: the secondary spouse on a joint return must use Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T to request this transcript type. When using Get Transcript by Mail or phone, the primary taxpayer on the return must make the request. 
    Tax Account Transcript - shows basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income and all payment types. It also shows changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is available for the current tax year and up to 10 prior years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. When using Get Transcript by Mail or phone, you’re limited to the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

UPDATE:
HA. Scratch that. I am not as inept as I thought.
I had ordered transcripts for the last three years and each had to be done separately, but after ordering I realized that the IRS still had my address as it was written using the old system, and I had just had some trouble receiving a package from America that had used the old address system, so I called the IRS to update my address and then ordered each years' tax transcripts again. When I received my transcripts in my mailbox they came in six separate envelopes (AHN-vel-opes), so I assumed that they sent out two copies from each year due to my multiple requests. I only opened one to check because I wasn't sure if immigration needed these documents sealed. Since the contents of that one looked strange, I opened another one and it looked exactly the same. HOWEVER, now I realize that the six envelopes were not duplicates, but rather the IRS had sent out the Tax Account Transcripts and the Tax Return Transcripts for each year in separate envelopes, hence six.

These transcripts DON'T need to be in sealed envelopes, correct?
I just gave them a copy of last year's 1040. No problemo.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #544 on: July 21, 2017, 11:06:07 am »
Anyone know if it is possible to pay with an American credit card? Cash is always better, but I was just wondering.
I used an American credit card to pay.

Better than cash since it earns rewards points.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2017, 11:07:50 am »
Just had my petition submission appointment this afternoon. I got there early and ended up finishing before my scheduled appointment time, despite the confirmation page saying you can't enter any earlier than 15 minutes before the appointment. As a U.S. citizen, here's everything I was asked to submit:

*Form I-130. Make sure it's the most current version.
*Form I-130A
*NO G-325A forms! These are no longer used.
*A copy of your civil marriage certificate
*A copy of your spouses birth/basic certificate
*A copy of your spouses family registry
*Translations of all three aforementioned documents (can be done by spouse)
*A certification of accurate translation (make your own)
*A copy of all divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that demonstrate that all previous marriages entered into by you and/or your spouse were terminated
*Passport style photos (white background, 51mm x 51mm) of you and your spouse. Just 1 was needed of the spouse and 1 of the petitioner. Write your respective names on the back.
*Evidence of all legal name changes for you and/or your spouse (may include marriage certificates, divorce decrees, court judgment of name change, adoption decrees, etc.)
*The fee of $535 turned out to be 642ooo KRW! I probably would have been better off paying in USD, but I had only prepared KRW.
*Bring both your and your spouse's passports. They will be handed back to you. Submit a copy of each.
*Bring proof of residency for yourself, e.g. Your ARC card. Submit a copy of it, front and back.
*Not required, but Window Lady said she would accept photos of us if I had any to provide. Couldn't hurt to bring some along to submit.

She said it would take 2 months to get a response.

You needed your spouses birth certificate and family registry? I didn't need any of that for the petition submission. I do need that for the visa interview though.

She also told me it would take about 2 months. It took three days  ;D  So, don't be surprised if you get an approval email soon.

Oh. Well. Maybe she didn't need it. haha. She seemed willing to take anything I had as long as it had an English translation. I submitted it with the petition it because that's what I had read I needed from the website and from this thread :-[

And yeah, hoping the email will come sooner than July^^

When you say it only took 3 days, do you mean your spouse got a green card for the states in 3 days?
No, when I say it only took 3 days, it means for the I-130 approval. They say it takes two months, meaning for the approval of the I-130. I suppose you could actually get the Visa stamped in the passport in less then a week if said immigrant scheduled the medical check for a few days after the I-130 petition, had all other paperwork done (gathered) and was able to set up the visa interview for the same week after receiving the Epkt-3. Don't know if I would want to take that chance though, but it could be done theoretically. As for the green card, the immigrant will not receive that until they are at their place of residence in the United States. USCIS actually mails it to them. There is a place on one of the documents for that information.
The waiting times are really for the U.S., where there are a lot more applicants. It's much faster in Seoul.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2017, 11:09:46 am »
Oh yeah, and she said it will be 60days when we receive an email. I'm really hoping that is just what they say to everyone and that's the maximum it would ever take.

It's been 60 days and still no packet 3 email...
Anyone else waiting for it extra long right now?
Are you checking your spam box?

« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2017, 11:36:43 am »
Hey guys!

So we filed my i-130 6 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything back... so when I see people got replies in 3 days it's a little concerning. Anyone else had to wait this long?

I read the same "3-day" posts and also ended up waiting more than 6 weeks for my Packet 3 email to come and felt the same concern, but my email just arrived last week (6~7 weeks total wait time), so you don't have to worry. They're probably just a little backed up at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:40:48 pm by donovan »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2017, 02:49:15 pm »
Hey guys!

I read the same "3-day" posts and also ended up waiting more than 6 weeks for my Packet 3 email to come and felt the same concern, but my email just arrived last week (6~7 weeks total wait time), so you don't have to worry. They're probably just a little backed up at the moment.

I hope you get this time-sensitive information in time, but alas, I'm moderated! Maybe if I just publicly apologize to gogators! and weigookin74 for portmanteau-ing their handles together we all can put this ugly episode behind us?

Sorry Gator and Weiwei~~ :-[
Say what? Mods sure have itchy trigger fingers these days.

Of course, it could just be the heat.  ;D

• tipit1
  • Waygookin

• February 23, 2012, 07:51:53 pm
« Reply #549 on: August 01, 2017, 07:35:59 am »
Anyone know if it is possible to pay with an American credit card? Cash is always better, but I was just wondering.
I used an American credit card to pay.

Better than cash since it earns rewards points.

That is the truth. Forgot about the rewards.

• Cramsy
  • Explorer

• September 27, 2013, 07:46:01 pm
    • Australia
« Reply #550 on: August 01, 2017, 09:38:40 am »
Hey guys!

Packet came in today! Only 7ish weeks after we applied... All good to go for the next steps!

• twinsaurus
  • Veteran

• February 22, 2014, 12:22:03 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #551 on: August 22, 2017, 09:20:22 pm »
I read that evidence of a name change is one of the things you have to bring to the initial I-130 Embassy appointment. I didn't change my name, will this be a problem?

« Reply #552 on: September 04, 2017, 10:17:06 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm a teacher and I've been in Korea for 7 years. I'm worried I will have to get a joint sponsor for my husband after reading this:

"The income must be U.S. based earnings. An exception is for U.S. military stationed or on deployment overseas, and also for Department of Defense contractors. Very few others qualify based on earnings abroad. Sometimes, we can finesse a case where the U.S. citizen is working abroad on temporary assignment, but is paid by a U.S. company."

source: https://asl-lawfirm.com/marriage-visa-income-requirements

Is anyone else an English teacher here getting paid from a Korean school and was able to get the CR-1 visa without a sponsor recently (as in the last 6 months to a year- in case the laws have changed)?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:20:14 pm by rosetintedwanderlust »

• twinsaurus
  • Veteran

• February 22, 2014, 12:22:03 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2017, 01:07:25 pm »
Hello all, I've looked here and there and not seen much info about my question.

I was under the impression that it would likely take a period of weeks (they said up to 2 months) to get my I-130 approved; however, they got it done in 2 business days.

Is there a maximum time limit between I-130 approval and the next step? I haven't even started gathering all the needed documents and I think it'll probably be at least January before we can schedule the interview (wedding, vacations, etc. already planned). What's the time limit on this? do I have to submit all the docs/get the medical check within 2 months or something? Does the I-130 have an expiration date?

OK thanks.

• country09
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #554 on: September 13, 2017, 01:57:00 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm a teacher and I've been in Korea for 7 years. I'm worried I will have to get a joint sponsor for my husband after reading this:

"The income must be U.S. based earnings. An exception is for U.S. military stationed or on deployment overseas, and also for Department of Defense contractors. Very few others qualify based on earnings abroad. Sometimes, we can finesse a case where the U.S. citizen is working abroad on temporary assignment, but is paid by a U.S. company."

Is anyone else an English teacher here getting paid from a Korean school and was able to get the CR-1 visa without a sponsor recently (as in the last 6 months to a year- in case the laws have changed)?

My wife is on an IR-1. I have been here 8 years. I just submitted my tax transcripts for the previous 3 years. There were no problems. (Of course your income earned abroad has to be above the poverty requirements for your household) We finished the IR-1 in January 2017.

• country09
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #555 on: September 13, 2017, 02:11:35 pm »

I was under the impression that it would likely take a period of weeks (they said up to 2 months) to get my I-130 approved; however, they got it done in 2 business days.

Is there a maximum time limit between I-130 approval and the next step? I haven't even started gathering all the needed documents and I think it'll probably be at least January before we can schedule the interview (wedding, vacations, etc. already planned). What's the time limit on this? do I have to submit all the docs/get the medical check within 2 months or something? Does the I-130 have an expiration date?

OK thanks.

I do not believe that I-130 has an expiration date. The I-130 just creates the relationship between the petitioner and applicant. If that relationship were to change then you would have to do the proper paper work to update that change. There are expiration dates on the med check and visa validity but I have not seen anything relating to the I-130

A quick inquiry to support-korea@ustraveldocs.com will confirm this.

• jh2015
  • Newgookin

• July 31, 2017, 08:32:14 am
    • Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #556 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:03 am »

OK thanks.

I do not believe that I-130 has an expiration date. The I-130 just creates the relationship between the petitioner and applicant. If that relationship were to change then you would have to do the proper paper work to update that change. There are expiration dates on the med check and visa validity but I have not seen anything relating to the I-130

A quick inquiry to support-korea@ustraveldocs.com will confirm this.

This is not true. I-130 expires two years after approval.  This question has been answered earlier and I found the info myself, too.

Packet 3 instructions has this warning at the bottom. "FAILURE TO APPLY FOR YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA WITHIN TWO YEARS (SB-1/SE VISA WITHIN SIX MONTHS) OF
BEING NOTIFIED THAT YOU MAY APPLY WILL RESULT IN THE PERMANENT TERMINATION OF YOUR CASE
PURSUANT TO SECTION 203(G) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT. CONTACT US IF YOU WISH TO
EXTEND YOUR CASE. REPORT ANY CHANGE IN YOUR ADDRESS PROMPTLY TO US BY CONTACTING THE CALL
CENTER. DO NOT MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO DEPART KOREA, DISPOSE OF YOUR PROPERTY, GIVE UP YOUR
JOB OR SELL YOUR BUSINESS UNTIL AFTER YOU RECEIVE A VISA."

and here's the link.

https://kr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packet3-iv/

• jh2015
  • Newgookin

• July 31, 2017, 08:32:14 am
    • Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #557 on: September 19, 2017, 09:53:41 am »

I, too, wondered about this and thought I could only use a US based income. I had my mother-in-law sponsor me because of that. However, that's not what I was told during the interview.

My wife is the petitioner and I brought her tax transcripts to the interview. When she filed her taxes, she filed the foreign earned income exclusion, form 2555EZ, effectively making her AGI zero. The person who collected my documents at the window before the interview told me I could use that income. I ended up not changing the form but I think you could use your Korean income to sponsor your spouse's visa, if what that person said is true.

« Reply #558 on: September 20, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »
Hello everyone. I was wondering what exactly the packet 3 letter is. Is it the email we received stated they have accepted our i-130 petition? I know it says that I need to bring the letter to the hospital for the health check but I'm just not exactly sure what it is... :-[ :-[ Sorry for the stupid question...

• tipit1
  • Waygookin

• February 23, 2012, 07:51:53 pm
« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2017, 06:13:03 am »
Going on 8 weeks now... :huh: 
Anyone have any advice on how to contact them? they didn't give any code to enter on the USCIS site. Looked on the Embassy site but dont know really which one to call.