Read 180201 times

• kjmerri2
  • Adventurer

• November 25, 2011, 08:01:33 am
    • Incheon
Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #400 on: October 21, 2015, 12:01:38 pm »
Hi everyone  ;D

My husband and I are planning to start this whole process in January.  We're not planning to leave until late September/ early October next year, but I wanted to get started early to make sure we have plenty of time.  (I realize I need to be careful with timing the medical exam, though.)  I was wondering what others' experiences have been as far as getting appointments for each step.

Those of you who've recently submitted a petition, did you have any trouble scheduling an appointment?  Did you end up needing to wait for openings at all? 

Has anyone had any trouble scheduling an appointment for the medical exam in the Seoul locations?  How far in advance did you need to make your appointment? 

Thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to share your experiences on this thread.  I've read through the entire thing, and I've found it to be really helpful.  And congratulations to all those that are making it through the process successfully! 

« Reply #401 on: October 22, 2015, 09:23:55 am »

Hi adrienne.light! Have your recieved your packet III yet? Just curious :) We handed ours in on the 6th, was curious about the current wait time for others that handed it around sept/ oct

I filed the I-130 on Sept 21 2015 and I just received an email with Packet 3 today. So it took exactly 1 month.

I just received the email and packet 3 today too! One month, three days. Congratulations! Good luck with the next step!

We  handed ours October 6th, still haven't received packet III as it's only been two weeks. Looks like a few of us are going through this process at around the same time(ish).
Let's help each other out as much as we can! We will also be helping others as well by posting our experiences.

I know i'm going to have some issues because my american husband will be travelling on and off these next few months. Scheduling medical checks and interview appointments will be tricky. Also, he had to backfile taxes, which we need for the final interview. We are not quite sure how long it will take to get those tax transcripts.

We both have jobs lined up for mid March. So we MUST leave at the latest, April.

Stressssssssssed out!!! :cry:

« Reply #402 on: October 22, 2015, 09:34:53 am »

Those of you who've recently submitted a petition, did you have any trouble scheduling an appointment?  Did you end up needing to wait for openings at all? 

If you're talking about submitting step 1, the I-130 along with other documents, then no, scheduling is not too troublesome.

They open up the schedule two weeks in advance. So if there is a specific day that you would like to make your appointment on, make sure that you log on to the website exactly two weeks before to make the appointment.

That's what I did and there were plenty of dates available. Good luck ^^

• jarena2
  • Explorer

• October 04, 2011, 07:22:18 am
    • Yesan
« Reply #403 on: October 23, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »
My wife and I are going through this process right now.
We submitted the I-130 on the first of this month and received packet 3 this morning. We were also able to schedule the health check at Yonsei for early next month with no issues.
It looks like it's a decent time to do this stuff. I was betting on mid-November at the earliest.

I have a question, though: do you receive the medical examination results that day? Should we wait to schedule the interview until we have the packet in-hand?

« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2015, 12:15:28 pm »
I am in Korea on a visitor visa (used to teach, "visiting" now until my job starts in California in January) and we got married.

A few questions:

1. It seems like unfortunately I can't submit the i-130 at the UCIS Seoul place but have to mail it in instead. It says the Chicago Lockbox online, but also lists a Phoenix one for people "from" California. Not sure which one to mail it to. Maybe I should call?

2. After stuff is approved do they physically mail anything to the address I'd have listed in California (my parents house) or send out an email/text for packet 3? Not on great terms with them and don't want to need them assisting/reading mail for me.

Thanks!

« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2015, 02:37:59 pm »
Just got my packet III on Friday. Exactly 3 weeks and and 3 days after handing in out I-130.
I immediately made my medical check appointment at Yonsei and they had plenty of dates available, even for this week, but I had a specific date in mind and they were able to easily set up the appointment for the date of my choosing. Don't really know when they will give me the results but I reckon it won't take more than a month. Forgot to ask them on the phone :(

We also reserved our Interview appointment for the last week of December (the week we were hoping to be available) right away and it looked like there were plenty of spaces available from now until the end of December.

• MaxCat
  • Waygookin

• June 21, 2015, 01:44:34 pm
« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2015, 07:18:00 pm »
Do you/spouses have a vaccine/immunization record for the medical? I wonder what they give you if you don't.

« Reply #407 on: November 04, 2015, 02:01:54 pm »
Do you/spouses have a vaccine/immunization record for the medical? I wonder what they give you if you don't.
I don't have my immunization record with me. It is not necessary to have. I've been getting all of the shots as proposed by the Canadian government up until maybe 5 years ago.
There is a small "interview" process at the time of the medical check where the doctor will ask you about your immunization history etc.

• MaxCat
  • Waygookin

« Reply #408 on: November 09, 2015, 12:22:26 pm »
Thanks for the info!

Regarding proof of domicile: I was going to put parents address who live in the East coast etc. for convenience, however the state we are actually moving to (West Coast) is elsewhere. Does this matter when we enter the US? Basically the officer who will check the packet? Is this information even in there?

• MaxCat
  • Waygookin

« Reply #409 on: November 12, 2015, 11:50:45 am »
I just had my medical at Yonsei yesterday. Highly recommend the place, very chill and easy. I did not have my shot record and I got 2 shots tetanus and MMR, if you did not get a flu shot then that one too.

They said results take a week and if you get it mailed then a possible 3-4 days more.

« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2015, 02:07:24 pm »
I'm just starting on packet 3. It looks pretty straight forward. New things being:
DS-260 (online)
Police report
Medical report
Affidavit of support/ income

Is that what everyone found to be true?
When I go online to apply for the DS-260, it takes about sending documents to the National Visa Center. Does that apply to us (who are applying at the Seoul embassy)?

« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2015, 03:36:37 pm »
I'm just starting on packet 3. It looks pretty straight forward. New things being:
DS-260 (online)
Police report
Medical report

When I go online to apply for the DS-260, it takes about sending documents to the National Visa Center. Does that apply to us (who are applying at the Seoul embassy)?

I also just finished the DS-260, haven't submitted it, but i am finished.
In the part where we have to put our spouse's info, there is a part that asks for a phone number.
My american spouse has a Korean phone number because we are obviously living here. But the space doesn't allow for the common 11 number Korean number.
The space is limited to (***)***  ****.
Are you getting this issue as well?
When it asked for my phone number at the beginning, there was no limit on the numbers, so that was ok.
Grrrrrr.

« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2015, 07:37:52 am »
DS-260 (online)
Police report
Medical report

I also just finished the DS-260, haven't submitted it, but i am finished.
In the part where we have to put our spouse's info, there is a part that asks for a phone number.
My american spouse has a Korean phone number because we are obviously living here. But the space doesn't allow for the common 11 number Korean number.
The space is limited to (***)***  ****.
Are you getting this issue as well?
When it asked for my phone number at the beginning, there was no limit on the numbers, so that was ok.
Grrrrrr.

hmm... I guess I'll just use my parents' American phone number since they will be the main contact once we arrive. We'll stay with them until we can find a place of our own.

« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2015, 07:58:56 am »
DS-260 (online)
Police report
Medical report

I just finished my DS-260 and i don't recall seeing anything about sending documents to the NVC. The only thing i remember is it asking where we would like to have the "green card" and other documents sent to in the states once we are settled in.
Regardless, if you did see something about sending documents to the NVC, it shouldn't apply to you since, as you said, you are applying at the Seoul Embassy.

« Reply #414 on: November 20, 2015, 03:11:57 pm »
Does anyone know the correct link for making an appointment for the marriage interview session? The http://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr website is a little confusing for me.

« Reply #415 on: November 23, 2015, 08:01:43 am »
Does anyone know the correct link for making an appointment for the marriage interview session? The http://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr website is a little confusing for me.

Go to that website's main page, go to where it says "Immigrant Visas" (it's in red) and click on Schedule My Appointment.

Then, click on "cases NOT processed through NVC" etc. (Click here only if you are applying for an IR/CR whilst in Seoul, I'm assuming this is your case.)
Read through the first paragraph, there you will see a link to make the appointment.

• MaxCat
  • Waygookin

« Reply #416 on: November 24, 2015, 11:16:24 am »
For Affidavit of support/ income do we only need proof (for example bank statements) for the American spouse or both?

« Reply #417 on: November 24, 2015, 01:10:10 pm »

Go to that website's main page, go to where it says "Immigrant Visas" (it's in red) and click on Schedule My Appointment.

Then, click on "cases NOT processed through NVC" etc. (Click here only if you are applying for an IR/CR whilst in Seoul, I'm assuming this is your case.)
Read through the first paragraph, there you will see a link to make the appointment.

You are a legend thank you!

« Reply #418 on: November 24, 2015, 01:11:14 pm »
For Affidavit of support/ income do we only need proof (for example bank statements) for the American spouse or both?

I was wondering this as well. In other forms it asks if a spouse will be immigrating with you. As US citizens, we're not technically immigrating are we?

« Reply #419 on: December 07, 2015, 02:43:35 pm »

I was wondering this as well. In other forms it asks if a spouse will be immigrating with you. As US citizens, we're not technically immigrating are we?

Yes, you will see this somewhat confusing question in some forms, asking if you (the american citizen) will immigrate with your spouse. The answer is always no. You are an american citizen, you cannot immigrate because well you ARE a citizen already.