Read 180109 times

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2014, 09:28:33 am »
so if i hold-off on the DS260, that wont impact the Interview Scheduling? or are they going to wait until that document is complete?

How did you list a phone number, (question 1 above) if you put the Korean Address?
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

• detunedkorea
  • Adventurer

• November 08, 2011, 12:29:00 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:27 am »
I just let the phone number get messed up, it just omits the first zero in the area code the same way it would if you call from overseas into korea.

Isn't the interview just sceduled online through https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

I am pretty sure I scheduled my interview before the 260 was filed. 

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2014, 09:46:07 am »
 :rolleyes: when i filed out the I-130, i did it by the book. I was unaware that Seoul would process it. so...i sent mine off to the USA.
Current events have us sending things back and forth. Major waste of time, as the NVC told me that they "will collect the documents and send them to the Embassy in Seoul once everything is collected". 
i could have done THAT part :-[

anyways. just mailed them the Affidavit last week. EMS says that it wasnt delivered, (saturday) because no one was there to receive it.

still awaiting confirmation.

using the ceac.state.gov website, i have paid all fees, and stuff. now just working on the DS 260. so we can be prepared when they want it.
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

• turi_ian
  • Newgookin

• February 13, 2013, 09:05:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2014, 10:11:06 am »
I'm kinda lost here guys. Going to get married and I don't know where to start should I go to the embassy or is there a good website. I'm not marrying a korean FYI, so I won't need any korean paperwork as far as I assume.

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2014, 10:14:47 am »
it wont matter if you marry a Korean or not. i married a Pinay, still have to process things through the country you live at/want to go to.

Turi_ian, what part (if you can pinpoint it) are you confused about?

you will want to file the form I-130, after you get married. you will file with 1 of 2 places.

1) Embassy in Seoul.
2) USCIS in the USA.   (expensive and a longer process)

• detrong
  • Waygookin

• February 06, 2014, 05:49:03 pm
    • gwangju
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2014, 10:18:18 am »
my spouse had her medical exam yesterday and everything was good except she had high blood pressure..will this a problem at the interview?

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2014, 10:27:22 am »
my spouse had her medical exam yesterday and everything was good except she had high blood pressure..will this a problem at the interview?

Is it being treated?

High Blood Pressure seems to be a common thing among adults. hell, i never worried about it as a kid. then as i got older my blood pressure started getting higher and higher.

i think they are more worried about communicable disease. You cannot 'pass' blood pressure onto someone else.

is it border line high? or is it excessive, Hypertension high?

HT is defined as 140+

• detrong
  • Waygookin

• gwangju
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2014, 12:00:28 pm »
Its not being treated because we just found out yesterday at the medical exam..

Don't know exactly how high it was or is but the doctor said it was high so we had to wait for about 10 mins then we did the test again and it was still high..I think it was above 140..

I was seriously concerned about it but the nurse said it isn't a problem because HBP cant be a reason for visa denial but still, We're worried because we really wanna leave by March 10..

I'm wondering if anyone had or knows anyone who had this similar situation.

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2014, 12:20:32 pm »
before i came to Korea, i had high HP, untreated.
i was still issued a Visa (thats Korean Visa though),

i think it really comes down to "is this a disease or infection that will harm others" or even "how will this effect the USA Government" type of thing.

High Blood Pressure is a thing that hundred, if not thousands of people in the USA deal with, and it isnt transmitted through physical means.

dont sweat it.

• detunedkorea
  • Adventurer

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2014, 12:32:17 pm »
Yeah my wife had the opposite, slightly low blood pressure, and had no problems with the visa.  It was low enough that the doctors mentioned it and checked her twice, although they said it was not low enough to be worried medically. 

Like iamrhart said the medical check is mostly for vaccines and communicable diseases.

• detrong
  • Waygookin

• gwangju
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2014, 02:06:11 pm »
Ok thanks. I feel better with what you guys just said..Of course HBP is not a communicable  disease and hell there are millions of people who live with it, my wife mentioned her mum has had it since she was 16 and now she is in her 60s still healthy

Anyways I'll just be calm and see what happens at the interview..wish us Luck

• Maureen
  • Veteran

• October 27, 2010, 11:48:32 am
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2014, 10:38:34 am »
Still haven't received my packet 3 yet, but I have some questions:

• For the DS-260, does my Korean husband submit it online and print the receipt for the interview? And for the mailing address, is it our Korean or US one?
  • Do I need to file both the I-864 and I-864A? And what's the difference between the I-864EZ?
  • Do I just look at the poverty guideline for two? My husband and I? And if so, the guideline is $19,387. Can I use my income from Korea to qualify?
  • How long after the medical examination does the result come out? Is it same day if we get it done in the morning?
  • To schedule an interview, the applicant is my husband right? And do we have to make an appointmet request before scheduling an interview appointment?

Thank you all very much! good luck everyone :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:47:12 am by Maureen »

• detunedkorea
  • Adventurer

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2014, 11:34:09 am »
1. Yes do it online.   Maybe bring in the confirmation but I dont think they take it.  Use your Korean address for this one, it is where they return your passport

2. Use the I-864, The ez form says your income is documented on your W2 which you probably don't have if you were working in Korea. Not sure if there is away around this but the two forms are very similar anyway.

3.  It is 125% of the poverty line for your family size and you can use your Korean income if it was reported on your taxes.

4. Medical took 1 week to get the results although at first they said same day was possible.  Maybe someone else got it quicker

5. No request just use the website.  There are usually plenty of open dates. No scheduled times just first come

• Maureen
  • Veteran

• October 27, 2010, 11:48:32 am
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2014, 12:23:09 pm »
2. For the I-864 part 4 information on the sponsor, do I list both my mailing address and place of residence in Korea? And then the country of domicile as USA, right?

Also for part 6 sponsor's income and emplyment, can I check employed and write my public school? Even though technically I'll be unemployed at the end of this contract. I'm just worried I won't be able to list my Korean income.

3. It's over the 125% poverty line, so does that mean I don't need the I-864A? Or joint-sponsor?

• detunedkorea
  • Adventurer

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2014, 12:33:03 pm »
2. Seems like people did different things here.  personally i just put mailing address Korea, residence and domicile US

Korean income is no problem. It doesn't matter that your job is ending. That is all I used.  You filed Taxes right?

3. Yes than no joint-sponsor or I-864A is needed

• Shinu
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2012, 09:23:25 am
    • Daegu
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2014, 12:55:09 pm »
Just fyi---they DO take the confirmation receipt for the DS-260.  It's one of the required docs to bring along with the other documents listed in packet 3.

And for the I-864 part 4 information on the sponsor, for the mailing address I used our Korean address and for the residence address I used my American address.  And domicile MUST be listed as the U.S.

• detrong
  • Waygookin

• gwangju
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:17 pm »
About the medical I got my results on the same day..I don't know if I was lucky or what..I did mine at st Mary's hospital Seoul..I got the at about 9 and everything was done by 11 and was told to return by 1:30 for the results..Guessing if the results are released on the same day it means you passed....good luck

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2014, 01:06:42 pm »
Still haven't received my packet 3 yet, but I have some questions:

• For the DS-260, does my Korean husband submit it online and print the receipt for the interview? And for the mailing address, is it our Korean or US one?
  • Do I need to file both the I-864 and I-864A? And what's the difference between the I-864EZ?
  • Do I just look at the poverty guideline for two? My husband and I? And if so, the guideline is $19,387. Can I use my income from Korea to qualify?
  • How long after the medical examination does the result come out? Is it same day if we get it done in the morning?
  • To schedule an interview, the applicant is my husband right? And do we have to make an appointmet request before scheduling an interview appointment?

Thank you all very much! good luck everyone :)

I864A is for Join Sponsors. your the Main-Sponsor, so no

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:04 pm »
About the medical I got my results on the same day..I don't know if I was lucky or what..I did mine at st Mary's hospital Seoul..I got the at about 9 and everything was done by 11 and was told to return by 1:30 for the results..Guessing if the results are released on the same day it means you passed....good luck
Did they test for TB? Usually TB takes a couple of days. its the "bubble" injection under the skin. and if it turns a color you are in trouble....

so if you got the results the same day...im guessing they didnt do the TB test? or is there some form of "rapid" test now?

• detrong
  • Waygookin

• gwangju
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »
Well Idk about the skin thing...the test was for my wife...I guess TB must be found in the lungs or something..they did everything blood, vaccines and every physical except the skin thing..It's totally normal to get the results on the same day...A friend's wife did same over a year ago and got her results the same day too and she passed...It might just depend on which hospital you go to I guess