Read 9695 times

• TBan
  • Waygookin

• October 30, 2012, 07:36:48 am
    • Ulsan, SK
    more
Re: 19 year old HS dropout rapes, dismembers 17 year old girl.
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 09:40:43 am »
WOW!! This is something that I expected only to happen in deepest darkest Africa not in the land of morning calm.

...what?

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 10:03:00 am »
WOW!! This is something that I expected only to happen in deepest darkest Africa not in the land of morning calm.

This better be sarcasm.

• mamaneek
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2012, 11:44:09 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 10:12:10 am »
To the posters who said this would never happen in America, you must not live in the same America where I come from, because this probably happens more often than in Korea.

I'm from Brooklyn, NYC and just last year a young man in Bronx, with the help of his friend, killed his own mother, cut off her head and posted pics of it on social networking sites. A few months before there was an incident where someone was killed and pieces of their body were found scattered around the city in black garbage bags. About 3 years before, a Hasidic Jew in Crown Heights (a mixed West Indian and Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn) kidnapped a little boy, raped him and cut him into pieces, the community was shocked to find out it was one of their own, as they had written this off to be the work of an outsider (Non-Jew). With incidences like these just in one city, I'm really not sure what you "Americans" are talking about.
This is not uniquely Korean phenomenon, and just like news anywhere else in the world, stories like these make it into headlines (and Waygook) bc they’re shocking, grotesque and illicit notions of fear, prejudice and whatever the hell else the news is trying to do! Our tolerance for this sort of shit has skyrocketed to the point where we hear stories and go right back to eating a sandwich. So to the posters who are complaining about the type of news in the newsroom, this is what the people want and if it bothers you, then just don’t read it- Period, Point, Blank.

And to the person who made the comment about expecting this in Africa...you do realize how ignorant you sound?
***--Fell, jumped or pushed...we've all been down there--***

• ukukuk
  • Super Waygook

• June 26, 2013, 12:09:23 pm
    • nippon

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:54 am »
To the posters who said this would never happen in America, you must not live in the same America where I come from, because this probably happens more often than in Korea.
And to the person who made the comment about expecting this in Africa...you do realize how ignorant you sound?

I'm pretty sure the "This never happens in America" post was sarcastic. Also, if I recall correctly, Grajoker is from South Africa, so I doubt that her comment was made out of ignorance.

Yeah, these kind of stories are morbidly depressing. They also transcend race and culture: this kind of crap is just part of human nature. While I dislike seeing articles like this, I suppose OP did us a favour in reminding us that "safer" is a relative term, and that even here in Korea we should watch out for ourselves.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:54:59 am by kyndo »

• Marais
  • Waygookin

• August 01, 2011, 01:29:26 pm
    • Yeongju, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 12:15:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure the "This never happens in America" post was sarcastic. Also, if I recall correctly, Grajoker is from South Africa, so I doubt that her comment was made out of ignorance.

I'm from South Africa myself and while it might not be deepest and darkest... her comment was not made out of ignorance... look through some reports on farm murders in South Africa and you get the idea...

but overall this is not a whose country is more f*d up contest... as was stated this happens all over the world, and we only know of those reported... I shudder to think and honestly don't really want to know how much cruelty happens that no one else outside those involved in perpetrating or experiencing it knows about...

• Suz-goose
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 07:33:45 am
    • Korea
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 12:40:37 pm »
For the sake of clarity, I would like to recommend all sarcastic posts have to start with the word "Gee..." it would save a lot of drama   :rolleyes:

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 02:28:24 pm »
No Koreans criminal has the right to avoid loosing face over such a horrible crime like this. This scum should ahve no right to protect his innocence because he is an product of Korean families who only practice marriage and have kids only for cultural ritual and not love.
Now that he is an adult, he must be tried as an adult and his name should have been exposed, because if they let this scum go, he will make Korea more dangerous, especially for women. There are too many violent-minded young Korean males out there and there is no telling of what they will do based on their sick motives as a result of the garbage that fed their minds in childhood, all thanks to the lack of love in the typical Korean family unit, and the fact that most Koreans do not have good social skills.

well, if he was from such a family, they would've at least been relentless in their efforts to prevent him from becoming a HS dropout for the sake of "cultural ritual", so you may be wrong there....

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »
People on this forum are so embarrassingly ignorant. This thread further confirms that.

To the guy who said "Only in Korea. You'd never find this in America", if that wasn't sarcasm you'd really need to read up on (I'm assuming) your own nation's news. And Korea's for that matter to. Just further strengthening the stereotype that a disproportionate amount of Americans are America-centric arrogant twats.

And the person who made the 'deepest darkest Africa comment' you've just shamed yourself in public. Really embarrassing.

• ajr30
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 01:16:21 pm
    • Yangsan, Korea
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 03:04:20 pm »
This is horrible. I'm glad he mentioned slasher flicks and anatomy so we know the real reason he did it. I hope they ban both and maybe they should ban video games too, just to be safe.

• gtrain83
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 27, 2011, 10:26:20 am
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 04:12:55 pm »
People on this forum are so embarrassingly ignorant. This thread further confirms that.

To the guy who said "Only in Korea. You'd never find this in America", if that wasn't sarcasm you'd really need to read up on (I'm assuming) your own nation's news. And Korea's for that matter to. Just further strengthening the stereotype that a disproportionate amount of Americans are America-centric arrogant twats.

And the person who made the 'deepest darkest Africa comment' you've just shamed yourself in public. Really embarrassing.

Lol why thank you kinda stranger.

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

I'm sure both were sarcasm. Untwist those knickers.