Read 9696 times

• TeachaTeacha
  • Expert Waygook

• September 06, 2012, 03:27:09 pm
    • South Korea
Re: 19 year old HS dropout rapes, dismembers 17 year old girl.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:53:48 pm »
It happened in Yongin. Sick. My coworkers said he cut the body up into small enough pieces to flush them down the toilet and then walked home with her bones in his bag.

http://onehallyu.com/index.php?/topic/11721-nbyongin-murderers-sns-accounts-uncovered-by-netizens/

"I'd like to praise your bravery for staring into my eyes until your very last moment. Thank you for letting me know through your gaze that you weren't scared at all." 

*shudder*

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 06:00:50 pm »
unbelievable.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 06:22:38 pm »
No Koreans criminal has the right to avoid loosing face over such a horrible crime like this. This scum should ahve no right to protect his innocence because he is an product of Korean families who only practice marriage and have kids only for cultural ritual and not love.
Now that he is an adult, he must be tried as an adult and his name should have been exposed, because if they let this scum go, he will make Korea more dangerous, especially for women. There are too many violent-minded young Korean males out there and there is no telling of what they will do based on their sick motives as a result of the garbage that fed their minds in childhood, all thanks to the lack of love in the typical Korean family unit, and the fact that most Koreans do not have good social skills.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »
Wow, this sick psycho is somehow the product of the "typical Korean family unit"?? That's quite the leap in thinking there.

This guy is sick - let's hope he never sees the light of day again. In cases like this, I wish that the Korean prison system was a bit more brutal.

• donuts81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 20, 2010, 10:23:37 am
    • Korea
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 02:03:59 pm »
One of my 6th grade girls was looking at this article on her cellphone showing her friend at the start of class. It had the guys picture on it and I wanted her to put her cell phone away so I teased her by asking her if it was her boyfriend. It was bedlam.

Luckily, I have a good relationship with the class, and my obvious shock at who he actually was smoothed out any difficulties I could have had from accusing my student of dating a psycho killer.
"You can't hurt me now, Mr Lee. I've lost all feeling"

• dachiza727
  • Super Waygook

• June 24, 2010, 09:52:23 pm
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 03:14:53 pm »
co-worker mentioned he was copy-catting from the movie "hostel".  never seen the movie, don't know if there's any truth to it.

my co-worker also thinks if you rub kimchi on an open cut it will heal faster.  j/k ^^
"I’ll have a vanilla...one of those vanilla bullshit things. You know, whatever you want, some vanilla bullshit latte cappa thing. Whatever you got."

true dat.

• KoreGuney
  • Waygookin

• September 06, 2010, 09:27:44 am
    • korea
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »
....... he is an product of Korean families who only practice marriage and have kids only for cultural ritual and not love.
Now that he is an adult, he must be tried as an adult and his name should have been exposed, because if they let this scum go, he will make Korea more dangerous, especially for women. There are too many violent-minded young Korean males out there and there is no telling of what they will do based on their sick motives as a result of the garbage that fed their minds in childhood, all thanks to the lack of love in the typical Korean family unit, and the fact that most Koreans do not have good social skills.
[/quote]
with this piece you should win the inaugural 'nobel generalisation prize'
i bet my mortgage on it.

• Schellib39
  • Expert Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 03:08:04 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 04:27:52 pm »
This is no doubt a terrible act, no matter who committed such a heinous crime (Korean or not).

I do find it interesting that it is not at the forefront of all Koreans conversation as it was a a year ago when the Chinese man (ethnic Korean) kidnapped the Korean woman in Suwon and did the same thing. I asked my co-teachers about this most recent story and they had not even heard about it in the news yet.

Quite strange that the whole country was up in arms with the foreigner who did it, but so far there has been very little response with it being a Korean man who did it...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:45:02 pm by Schellib39 »

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 06:19:59 pm »
I'm appalled.

Dismemberment and rape?

This only happens in Korea!

Never would never find this in America!

• Schellib39
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:12 pm »
I'm appalled.

Dismemberment and rape?

I'm from America, and sadly I don't think I could say this would never happen in America.

• joseph921
  • Super Waygook

• September 15, 2010, 09:00:43 am
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »
I'm appalled.

Dismemberment and rape?

I'm from America, and sadly I don't think I could say this would never happen in America.

Oh, there are plenty of these kinds of cases in America, too.  Everytime I hear a story like this, it reminds me of the Holly Jones case in Toronto.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/11/holly_jones_how_10yearolds_murder_a_decade_ago_brought_a_toronto_community_together.html

She was a 10 yr old girl who was abducted by a man, raped, killed, then dismembered body parts put into a black bag and dumped in the lake.  I'll never forget how that story gripped an entire nation for weeks.

• TeachaTeacha
  • Expert Waygook

• September 06, 2012, 03:27:09 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 10:24:13 pm »
:laugh:

I could be wrong, but it seems as if Schellib39 missed the sarcasm in roger.smith's post and joseph921 misread Schellib39's post. You all appear to be on the same page without realising that you're all on the same page. :wink:

• Schellib39
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 12:16:09 am »
:laugh:

I could be wrong, but it seems as if Schellib39 missed the sarcasm in roger.smith's post and joseph921 misread Schellib39's post. You all appear to be on the same page without realising that you're all on the same page. :wink:

You're right indeed...at the end of the day I would say we are all on the same page with the belief that it is sickening that this happens anywhere in the world.

• mlin09
  • Explorer

• July 24, 2013, 10:13:01 am
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 10:44:06 am »
Absolutely disgusting. The guy has no remorse for what he's done. He's needs to be put in jail for his whole life.

• Archeon
  • Expert Waygook

• August 21, 2012, 02:36:28 pm
    • Ulsan
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:02 pm »
I don't know... allowing him to use the oxygen and resources of the world for the rest of his life on the korean taxpayers won seems a bit nice to me.

I hear the slave labor mines in north korea are hiring...
I will tolerate your existence only so far as it doesn't infringe on science.

• BloosCorn
  • Veteran

• August 31, 2012, 08:04:13 am
    • Yecheon, South Korea
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 02:27:27 pm »
Seriously, I would love to hear a valid reason why these types of headlines are posted on this site.

For the circle jerk of course!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/circle-jerk

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 08:59:46 pm »
Seriously, I would love to hear a valid reason why these types of headlines are posted on this site.

I'm the original OP of this thread & here are my reasons for posting this story.

1. I posted it in the "Korean Newsroom ' thread, because that's what it IS - 'Korean News.' 

Maybe other foreigners don't watch the TV news or read the newspapers ??? (like me ) ANY Koreans news I get, I get from a few sources sent to my facebook feed. That's it.

Maybe other foreigners need to be made aware that , although Korea doesn't have a gun problem, like my home country, the US, they DO have a lack of mental health care , LIKE my home country, the US.

2. The day before I read this story , that video of the 2 foreigners abusing that Korean girl in the club hit the news.   You know the one, right? ... the Irish guy & the American / Canadian guy tease the poor girl about her teeth & put their finger in her nose.

Turns out that video is 'fake', & my initial reaction to THAT video was disgust , but I read THIS news story & was horrified.

Now, here it is a month later .. which news story has gotten more 'legs' ??? the 'Fake' one, or the Real one ?? The answer to that is easy.

3. Just last year, there was a similar case, where an (ethnically Chinese? / Korean? ... whatever! ) ajosshi, got bumped into by a young woman, in her 20's, one night.  So, what does he do ?  He drags her down into an alley, up into his apartment.  She actually gets the police on the phone.  You can hear the ajosshi yelling and kicking the door down as she's pleading with the police.

They couldn't find out where she was until  the next day.  By then, she was hacked into a hundred little pieces. 

Maybe some newbies to Korea never heard about either of these stories and are under some illusion that Korea is Nirvana , where crime doesn't exist ??       

THAT's why I posted the OP.

Life in Korea is a helluva lot nicer than life back in my hometown,  Philly.  But, people just need to aware.  Psychos exist EVERY where.  If you're a young girl and you're out drinking with your friends, use the buddy system.  Keep your wits about you.

My buddy's Korean sister in law just moved to Seoul . from some po-dunk town in the country & he made sure she had a mace key ring .. because THAT's life in the big city.
ANY big city.

I love Korea, so don't get me wrong.  Stories like this are rare, but they DO happen.
They don't happen as much as they do in the states, & that's one of the many reasons I love living here. 

I also try to avoid the Western media so I can stay 'blissfully ignorant' of all the BS & scumbags from back home.

TL'DR : This was a Korean news story, so I posted it in the 'Korean Newsroom' forum, as a public service.  Crime happens everywhere , even in Korea.     

• Freesia
  • Veteran

• July 31, 2013, 11:29:19 am
    • Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu / Giheung-gu, Yongin
    more
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 06:56:06 pm »
The name and location of the motel in which the murder went on is all over the internet, as the police conducted an on-spot-inspection after the arrest. I feel so bad for the owner of the motel.
“Without claiming to be exhaustive, I maintain that every philosophy reproduces within itself, in one way or another, the conflict in which it finds itself compromised and caught up in the outside world.”

― Louis Althusser, Philosophy of the Encounter: Later Writings, 1978-1987

• grajoker
  • Expert Waygook

• October 08, 2010, 09:02:27 am
    • yeoju korea
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 09:04:03 am »
WOW!! This is something that I expected only to happen in deepest darkest Africa not in the land of morning calm.