Read 1031 times

• JeanES
  • Explorer

• June 17, 2013, 05:31:10 am
    • Mississippi, United States
Quickest Mail Carrier for Documents
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:04:37 am »
Hello!

I'm sending all my documents tomorrow from the US to the school in Korea that is going to hire me. My starting day is in roughly four weeks, so I want to use the quickest way possible. USPS says 3-5 for express, and FedEx says 3-6 days (if I put the information in correctly). I was reading online though how some people's documents took weeks to reach to its destination instead of the 3-5 day quote carriers give you. How did it go for you?

I really don't want this school to fall through. Is it best to just go to Korea on a tourist visa and do a visa run from there?

Thanks in advance!

• Deez
  • Veteran

• June 29, 2013, 02:38:08 am
    • Gyeonggi-do
    more
Re: Quickest Mail Carrier for Documents
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 03:29:41 am »
I mailed my documents via FedEx back in summer 2011. It took roughly 48 hours to arrive in Korea. I live in Texas.

You should try to save yourself the hassle of a visa run if you can. I know someone who did it and her employer paid for a free trip to Japan to get the visa which is awesome, but she went many weeks without a visa, which meant she couldn't even get a cell phone, and internet set up in her apartment for a long time. Plus, it's not exactly legal to be working without a visa.

• JeanES
  • Explorer

• June 17, 2013, 05:31:10 am
    • Mississippi, United States
Re: Quickest Mail Carrier for Documents
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »
I mailed my documents via FedEx back in summer 2011. It took roughly 48 hours to arrive in Korea. I live in Texas.

You should try to save yourself the hassle of a visa run if you can. I know someone who did it and her employer paid for a free trip to Japan to get the visa which is awesome, but she went many weeks without a visa, which meant she couldn't even get a cell phone, and internet set up in her apartment for a long time. Plus, it's not exactly legal to be working without a visa.

Used FedEx Intern Priority and it got there in 48 hours! Thanks!