Read 2352 times

• sleepy
  • Veteran

• April 02, 2013, 03:05:44 pm
Pay question - EPIK
« on: June 26, 2013, 09:46:40 am »
I know I know - read your contract! It's at home at the mo though!

So my contract finishes end of August. Assuming I re-sign with my school I should get my normal months pay + the flight money thingy which has now changed names (2 million?) and the contract completion bonus (roughly 1 months pay) would be paid out once I left the school right?

So if I re-sign for one more year and left at the end of it they’d have to pay me x2 bonus completions next august + the normal months aug pay + that years flight money…….

This info is right - isn't it?

• newb
  • Newgookin

• November 20, 2012, 10:38:27 am
    • South Korea
Re: Pay question - EPIK
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:10:44 am »
Yes, it is.  But go check your contract though.  Always have a copy of your contract at you desk so you can wave at your handler.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:12:19 am by newb »
HEY CAN YOU FILL THE OIL AND CHECK THE GAS PLEASE!!!!

• theory_
  • Veteran

• March 12, 2013, 09:18:32 am
    • south korea
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:35:38 am »
1 Year > Severance (1 months salary) + Flight money/exit allowance + Pension (not paid by your school and only if you qualify)

2 Years (if you renew) > Renewal bonus (typically 2 million, paid the 2nd month of your new contract) + 2 years severance (2 months salary) + Flight money/exit allowance + 2 years pension

How your school decides to pay this out will vary a little bit. Some schools pay out the severance & flight money/exit allowance on the last pay day with your last check. Some will transfer the money to you 30 days after you've completed your final contract. Remember pension is not paid out by your school, so don't look for them to give you that money.

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:44:46 am »
dont forget, its one months "average" salary....i know the EPIK contract says you cannot increase your salary during the contract term, BUT if you were with GEPIK, they would consider the entire year (divided by 12), in order to get your average salary.

When i taught at GEPIK, i had a pay-increase about 1/2 way into my employment, so i was given 6 months salary of "A" and 6 months salary of "B", so,     A+A+A+A+A+A+B+B+B+B+B+B=(6A)+(6B).....im sure you can figure this one out :)
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »
When i taught at GEPIK, i had a pay-increase about 1/2 way into my employment, so i was given 6 months salary of "A" and 6 months salary of "B", so,     A+A+A+A+A+A+B+B+B+B+B+B=(6A)+(6B).....im sure you can figure this one out :)

How did you get a raise in your salary halfway through your contract? I've never heard of that happening before, so I'm curious to know.

• cruisemonkey
  • Expert Waygook

• March 25, 2011, 02:17:57 pm
    • China
    more
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 04:36:48 pm »

GEPIK ripped you off... what's new?   :rolleyes:

Under Korean Law, severance is calculated as the average of the employee's last three months' pay.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:38:20 pm by cruisemonkey »
The Ks once gave me five minutes notice. I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

• newb
  • Newgookin

• November 20, 2012, 10:38:27 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »

Under Korean Law, severance is calculated as the average of the employee's last three months' pay.

Actually, it average of last 90 days to be exact. :P
HEY CAN YOU FILL THE OIL AND CHECK THE GAS PLEASE!!!!

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 11:06:56 pm »

Actually, it average of last 90 days to be exact. :P
Actually it is 3 months.

Employee Retirement Benefit Security Act 2012
Article 8 (Establishment, etc., of Retirement Pay System)
(1) An employer who intends to set up a retirement pay
system shall set up the system that makes it possible to pay a
retiring worker 30 days or more of the average wages for each
year of his/her consecutive service as retirement pay.

LABOR STANDARDS ACT 2012 (which the Employee Retirement Benefit Security Act say the term is to be used from)

6. The term “average wages” in this Act means the amount
calculated by dividing the total amount of wages paid to
the relevant worker during three calendar months prior to
the date on which the event necessitating such calculation
occurred by the total number of calendar days during
those three calendar months. This shall also apply mutatis
mutandis to less than three months of employment.

Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

• iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 09:10:30 am »

Damn.....anyways, that was 'back in the day'....no use kicking a dead horse eh?
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.