Read 46622 times

• janelle_j
  • Veteran

• March 04, 2013, 12:40:21 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Tender Embrace Birthing: having a baby in Korea
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2016, 03:34:50 pm »

That's great! What was the name of the place you went to?

Here: http://www.women-i.co.kr/main.php

Dr. Yun Won Hui (윤원희) is the person most foreigners are comfortable with here. She is supportive of natural births and speaks English fairly well.

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• June 13, 2011, 01:34:50 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2016, 05:35:52 pm »
Thanks!
The best TEFL jobs in Korea on TEFL Tips.
Tender Embrace Birthing: childbirth classes, doulas, breastfeeding support, and info about giving birth in Korea

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
Tender Embrace Birthing: childbirth classes, doulas, breastfeeding support, and info about giving birth in Korea

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2016, 05:05:31 am »
I don't understand how this blog gets so many hits in a day. Are there that many foreigners who are also pregnant, who also visit this site, and who also click this waygook link, in Korea?

My blog gets about 4,000 hits a month, but I didn't publish that info before. Last month it got close to 10,000 but I think some of that might have been bots. I started the blog in Feb 2013 and have had 110,000 views since then with traffic steadily increasing. As for this particular thread on waygook, it's been around for a number of years. I just keep updating it and I suppose foreigners search here on waygook for info.

Most of my referral traffic comes from google organic searches. Since my blog started I've had 25,000 from google, 1,000 from FB, and only 800 from waygook. Some people bookmark my blog and send the link to others. My five top posts are hospitals / clinics to give birth in, nannies in Korea, doulas, birth control options, and daycare options.

I answer questions quickly that come to me by FB, email, kakao, or text since I put my contact out there, so maybe that helps too. (Sorry for the late reply, waygook didn't notify me).

There are many foreign-foreign couples seeking info as well as foreigners married to Koreans who want to know about their options here in Korea. I don't get Korean-Korean couples seeking out info. Foreigners seem to think differently than Koreans who in general accept whatever their doctor tells you. There are a lot more options nowadays than five years ago when I gave birth and even some traditional hospitals are changing and allowing some things such as skin-to-skin and rooming-in.

The thing is that there's not that much info in English online about giving birth in Korea. I created my blog to let people know about their options. I wanted to organise info and put it in one place so it was easily accessible.

No, I am fairly confident that on this site you are artificially inflating your view count. While I was in Korea, my views were climbing at the same rate they are climbing now and were catching up to your blog. But ever since my blog has come within 500 views of yours, your blog link (on this site) gets these huge spikes, often within the span of two or three days, and often when you have not posted anything recently. These spikes reoccur when my blog gets within around 500 views of yours. So yeah: fishy.

Not only that, but it just doesn't make sense that such a specialized blog would get such high numbers from this site.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 05:08:54 am by ChrisKorea »

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2017, 09:14:29 pm »
I'm not sure what your blog is. Most of my traffic comes from google searches. FB and waygook are a very small portion of my traffic. Not inflating numbers. I'd be happy to send you screenshots.

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
Re: Tender Embrace Birthing: on maternity leave
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »
After 3 miscarriages in 6 months and experimental drugs to maintain a pregnancy, I am happy to report that I am on maternity leave. My daughter was born at the end of December. Things didn't go according to plan. I was hospitalized twice after the birth but we are home and doing ok.

I went through secondary infertility and saw six doctors at five different clinics. Thankfully the sixth finally figured out what was wrong. I started another blog about my experience with infertility, which hospitals and clinics I went to, as well as detailing the costs and my Rx proctocol. The blog is private but I would be happy to add any (legit) people to it who want to have more info about infertility options in Korea.

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2017, 09:31:57 pm »
I don't understand how this blog gets so many hits in a day. Are there that many foreigners who are also pregnant, who also visit this site, and who also click this waygook link, in Korea?

My blog gets about 4,000 hits a month, but I didn't publish that info before. Last month it got close to 10,000 but I think some of that might have been bots. I started the blog in Feb 2013 and have had 110,000 views since then with traffic steadily increasing. As for this particular thread on waygook, it's been around for a number of years. I just keep updating it and I suppose foreigners search here on waygook for info.

Most of my referral traffic comes from google organic searches. Since my blog started I've had 25,000 from google, 1,000 from FB, and only 800 from waygook. Some people bookmark my blog and send the link to others. My five top posts are hospitals / clinics to give birth in, nannies in Korea, doulas, birth control options, and daycare options.

I answer questions quickly that come to me by FB, email, kakao, or text since I put my contact out there, so maybe that helps too. (Sorry for the late reply, waygook didn't notify me).

There are many foreign-foreign couples seeking info as well as foreigners married to Koreans who want to know about their options here in Korea. I don't get Korean-Korean couples seeking out info. Foreigners seem to think differently than Koreans who in general accept whatever their doctor tells you. There are a lot more options nowadays than five years ago when I gave birth and even some traditional hospitals are changing and allowing some things such as skin-to-skin and rooming-in.

The thing is that there's not that much info in English online about giving birth in Korea. I created my blog to let people know about their options. I wanted to organise info and put it in one place so it was easily accessible.

No, I am fairly confident that on this site you are artificially inflating your view count. While I was in Korea, my views were climbing at the same rate they are climbing now and were catching up to your blog. But ever since my blog has come within 500 views of yours, your blog link (on this site) gets these huge spikes, often within the span of two or three days, and often when you have not posted anything recently. These spikes reoccur when my blog gets within around 500 views of yours. So yeah: fishy.

Not only that, but it just doesn't make sense that such a specialized blog would get such high numbers from this site.

I'm not sure what your blog is. Most of my traffic comes from google searches. FB and waygook are a very small portion of my traffic. Not inflating numbers. I'd be happy to send you screenshots.

My blog is http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,74848.0.html

Anyone on this site can see view counts for blogs on the blog page of this site. A stated, your number is not realistic.

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2017, 09:38:13 pm »
You mean the 22k views this post has? It's as realistic as the 22k views your post has. Only difference is my post is a year old than yours, so it's had an extra year to get views.

This isn't my blog. My blog is at www.tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com

This is a thread on waygook that links to updates and new posts. Like I've said before, there isn't that much info about giving birth in Korea. So when you do a google search my blog often comes up. It's not like teaching in Korea. There's a ton of info about that. Birthing here? Not so much. I'm also active in the birthing community. And have been for years. Plus one of two LLL leaders in the country. I help people and answer questions they have.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:43:15 pm by naturegirl321 »

« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2017, 10:23:45 pm »
You mean the 22k views this post has? It's as realistic as the 22k views your post has. Only difference is my post is a year old than yours, so it's had an extra year to get views.

This isn't my blog. My blog is at www.tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com

This is a thread on waygook that links to updates and new posts. Like I've said before, there isn't that much info about giving birth in Korea. So when you do a google search my blog often comes up. It's not like teaching in Korea. There's a ton of info about that. Birthing here? Not so much. I'm also active in the birthing community. And have been for years. Plus one of two LLL leaders in the country. I help people and answer questions they have.

Well no, my blog is mostly geared at expats teaching in Korea. It would be of interest to most people visiting this site. Yours is not. You wouldn't expect as many hits on your link from this site, nor would you expect many repeat views from visitors from this site, unless they were in the much rarer position of being English speakers who were involved, in any way, with a pregnancy. And if they did use your blog for reference, you think they'd bookmark it or something instead of constantly visiting this site, visiting the blog list page, and then clicking your link. And then there's your magical view count spikes I mentioned before.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:26:34 pm by ChrisKorea »

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2017, 11:43:49 pm »
Why not contact the owners of the site then? They could explain more about the audience and the spikes. I've done nothing wrong. I post contact and people find it.

It's a niche site. If you have 100 people and there are 10 blogs about teaching in Korea then the average is 10 views per blog. For birthing in Korea there aren't a lot of websites or blogs out there. So if you take 100 people there are only a few blogs. Let's say 4.  That means 25 views per blog.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:18:36 am by naturegirl321 »

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2017, 11:56:57 pm »
Why not contact the owners of the site then? They could explain more about the audience and the spikes. I've done nothing wrong. I post contact and people find it.

You post the the link to this waygook blog thread? Why not just give them the direct link to the blog? Why can't you just admit you bump up the view count number for this blog thread?

« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2017, 10:07:54 am »

You post the the link to this waygook blog thread? Why not just give them the direct link to the blog? Why can't you just admit you bump up the view count number for this blog thread?

Geez guy chill. Are you trolling, or do you really care that much about view counts on a post?

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
Parental Leave aka Childcare Leave in Korea
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2017, 09:19:44 am »
Here's information about childcare leave in Korea as well as maternity and paternity leave, http://tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com/2016/10/parental-leave-aka-childcare-leave-in.html

On my FB page you can also find useful links and updates, (https://www.facebook.com/TenderEmbraceBirthing?fref=tsf)

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
Where to Buy a Used Breast Pump in Korea
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2017, 09:20:53 am »
Here's info about where to buy a used breast pump, http://tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com/2016/11/where-to-buy-used-breast-pump-in-korea.html

On my FB page you can also find useful links and updates, (https://www.facebook.com/TenderEmbraceBirthing?fref=tsf)

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
2017 Baby Fairs in Korea
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2017, 09:23:18 am »
Here are baby fairs around Korea,
http://tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com/2017/01/2017-baby-fairs.html

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
What shots / vaccines are required to live, work, study, or visit Korea?
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2017, 09:24:07 am »
Here's some basic info about shot requirements for Korea, http://tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com/2017/02/what-shots-vaccines-are-required-to.html

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
The Difference Between Folic Acid and Folate
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2017, 10:01:30 pm »
There is a big difference between these two. Find out which one is best for you to take while pregnant. http://tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-difference-between-folic-acid-and.html

• naturegirl321
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
    more
Why the words "high" and "low" should never be used by your doctor
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2017, 08:00:38 pm »
It's very scary to hear that something is high or low while you're pregnant. Read more about it and what questions you should ask when your doctor tells you this, http://tenderembracebirthing.blogspot.com/2017/05/why-words-low-and-high-should-not-be.html