Deleted.
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:21:50 am »
[note: deleted]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:29:40 pm by #basedcowboyshirt »

• displayname
  • Adventurer

• September 28, 2010, 03:01:18 pm
    • south korea
Re: What are your most embarassing / losing-face moments from school?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:24:27 am »
lol!!! that bathroom situation is terribly funny!!

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 11:25:13 am »
2) This was today. I woke up to some stomach unpleasantness, the kind that requires you to make urgent trips to the washroom or risk far greater unpleasantness. I run to the teacher's bathroom to find that there is no toilet paper to be had anywhere. Nor is there any in the main teachers' office. Nor is there any in the bathroom upstairs.

In absolute despair, as I was passing the vice principal in the hall (he was the only person I saw on my search) I asked where to get "bathroom paper." He told me to go to the admin office, which happens to be completely populated by very pretty, very giggly women in their early twenties.

Mind reeling with desperation, I asked where to find the paper that would be my salvation, but their English level is very, very low, and they didn't understand tissue, toilet paper, bathroom paper, 화장실 paper, or anything else.

And so I had to resort to pantomime and hand gestures. While trying to make them clear but not unnecessarily graphic. As five super pretty people giggled uncontrollably at me once they understood what I meant.

And I've had two teachers come to me in the hall saying, "Oh... I heard you had some toilet trouble today, Cole"

So the entire school knows. Gyaaak.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So sorry to laugh at your pain, but that just made my day. Thanks for sharing!

• andrucer
  • Veteran

• September 07, 2010, 10:40:31 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:26:14 am »
I fell down the stairs in front of my students ... paper flying everywhere. Some students helped me ... others couldn't help but laugh.

• strawberry
  • Expert Waygook

• February 17, 2011, 10:08:30 am
    • Gyeongbuk, South Korea
    more
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:35:18 am »
One reason to love being a girl!!

Sorry, cowboyshirt!! :(  I feel for ya!

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:40:10 am »
1.  I bent to pick something up in class and ripped the ass out of my pants.

2.  I was teaching at a public high school here and I had over 650 students.  So I would call them by their numbers if I didn't know their names.  So in one class i called, "Table 5 the boy without glasses can you read paragraph 7." So table 5 looks at each other and then one kid looks back at me and says "That's a girl not a boy.  Her name is Seo Yong."  I almost shat my self- the girl had short hair(a boys hair cut) and was wearing one of the boys uniforms.  In reality she is a stunning girl- but had a very neutral face.  I blushed a million shades of red and was at a loss for words.  In the end we were cool and she became really close to me and could come to  me for advice.  BUT in the moment I felt the biggest idiot alive!

• DMZ
  • Super Waygook

• December 16, 2010, 08:34:43 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:41:19 am »

Ditto

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:50 am »
Yeah I blocked a toilet when there were loads of other teachers brushing their teeth.  Another teacher went into the cubicle after me as I was leaving, and 5 mins later he came back in the teachers office winking at me! ;)

• foreverJ
  • Featured Contributor

• October 05, 2010, 04:45:22 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 11:50:58 am »
Mistaking a girl for a boy, times 2.
and on a more serious note, I lost alot of face when I refused to teach with a certain teacher again this year. There were 3 other options, why should I have suffered?!

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:52:12 am »

Ditto
Tritto -- if there is such a thing... and then I stappled them together!!! Awesome me!

• LoloRising
  • Adventurer

• January 04, 2011, 11:17:56 am
    • Changwon South Korea
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 11:56:31 am »
I can't tell you how many times last year younger kindergarten students would come up behind me and lift my skirt or dress and cause me to flash all students and teachers around me...nice! I'm about 5'10", and when they sneak up behind me, they're literally out of my periphery. I was embarrassed, but my director just laughed and said it was just a joke young kids liked to play...little pervs...

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 11:58:22 am »
During winter camp they shut of the water in my building, but I didn't realize that until I tried to flush. A custodial man interrupted my class to tell me that I wasn't supposed to use the toilet (cue lots of giggling).

Ever since then, there's been an "out of order" sign on the door to that stall. I think maybe it might of re-frozen? Anyway, I hope they don't have to replace the whole toilet.

• mikey85
  • Adventurer

• December 02, 2010, 03:07:48 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 11:58:52 am »
1. During sports day! me and another teacher decided we would race against the students for fun during the relay! the students were 8! we were 2, we would have to run around the track twice to the students 1/4 each! I went second- we were playing it for laughs! I was in contention to actually beat the students, so on the last corner i decided, hey lets just go for it! show the students i am a little sporty... Then i tripped, and went flying, i was just picking up pace so it was a tremendous fall in front of the whole school, students, parents, principal and teachers! I cut my kneee and everything! I won't be taking part in sports day anymore!

2. We went on a school trip to a theme park! I was on a ride that i hated, IT was spinning like crazy and then it started to get faster and faster, higher and higher! Then i just started screaming F*ck F*ck, i forgot where i was!  the boy next to me had lived in America for a few years, and was a notoriously bad student! when we finished the ride, he told everyone! the next day in school, the students walked up to me saying F*ck,F*ck F*Ck,  i could have died!

• hwana
  • Expert Waygook

• September 29, 2010, 09:19:04 pm
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 12:00:07 pm »
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one making an ass of myself here..

My most embarrassing moment was when I was trying to help the admin office assistant. She's kind of cold and I always had an awkward vibe around her so wanted to try and get on her good side. Anyway one day I was laminating some flashcards in the printing room and she comes in to laminate a certificate that she was planning to frame. Being a gentleman I offered to do it for her and bring it back to the admin office when I was done. She, surprised by my act of chivalry and obviously taken aback at the friendly feelings developing between us, handed me the fancy certificate and backed out of the room, bowing multiple times.

Everything was going well until I put her certificate into the machine and, out of the thousands of items I've laminated since being here, the machine decides to go nuts and start chewing it up. I turn the machine off and pull out the sheet, but it was too late - the paper and plastic had already bonded and there's now this huuuge crease down the middle of the paper and one corner slightly chewed up.

Her face when I returned the 'laminated' certificate to her was a picture, and our hallway exchanges have been even more awkward since this happened. I still wince when I think about this moment and writing this has been an emotional episode  :'(

• hwana
  • Expert Waygook

• September 29, 2010, 09:19:04 pm
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 12:02:02 pm »
I asked where to get "bathroom paper." He told me to go to the admin office

The admin office are lords of the toilet paper in my school too.. I hate having to be the one to go in and ask for it.

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:21 pm »
Laughing out loud at these posts in a full staff room can be quite embarrassing!

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:18 pm »
My new vice principal asked something (very quickly) in Korean ending with "hangeul."  I, thinking she'd asked if I spoke Korean, answered 조금. 

She had asked if I liked Korea.   :-[

• SpaceRook
  • Expert Waygook

• November 18, 2010, 11:54:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 12:13:51 pm »
I asked where to get "bathroom paper." He told me to go to the admin office

The admin office are lords of the toilet paper in my school too.. I hate having to be the one to go in and ask for it.

I once found a bunch of toilet paper stashed in a cupboard in one of the classrooms.  I felt like I had walked into Fort Knox.  I brought some to the men's room, which had been empty for weeks.  Sometimes you gotta steal from the rich and give to the poor. 

• jpaek
  • Adventurer

• September 03, 2010, 08:37:49 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »
My new vice principal asked something (very quickly) in Korean ending with "hangeul."  I, thinking she'd asked if I spoke Korean, answered 조금. 

She had asked if I liked Korea.   :-[

Ouch!

I was asked to play guitar in the school festival. I am confident in my guitar playing abilities. I've been playing for over 10 years. However, later, I was notified I had to sing. I am not a singer. The expectations were high from my students who saw me practicing. I just crashed and burned.... and they recorded it too.   :'(

• mryogurt892
  • Veteran

• April 26, 2010, 09:25:20 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 12:38:47 pm »
On my very first day at school, I was on stage, in front of all the teachers and students at an assembly. I had my hands in my pockets as they were introducing me, and the vice principle ran up behind me and jerked my hands out of my pockets.... I felt like a damn fool!....a damn fool.