Read 3168 times

• CarlySQ
  • Adventurer

• November 24, 2010, 02:32:21 pm
    • Incheon, South Korea
Shipping Options from USA
« on: March 13, 2011, 01:33:36 pm »
Hey dudes. I've heard a lot about "slow shipping" from the USA. Basically, I have been told that there is a cheap way to send large packages from the USA to Korea, the only drawback being that it can take a couple of months to arrive. Do you guys know anything about this? I don't mind waiting for the package because it will be full of summer clothes- just trying to save on the shipping.

Thanks!

• mffrance
  • Explorer

• December 05, 2010, 08:45:36 pm
    • Namyangju
Re: Shipping Options from USA
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:41:45 pm »
Just take your box of stuff to the post office and tell them by ship or boat.  It could take 2 months, but each of my boxes so far has cost between $25-35

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:17:09 pm »
I did it several years ago with no problem and it was cheap. But when I tried last August I was told that the USPS no longer offers a surface shipping option to Korea. The only option was airmail, which was way too expensive to be worth it.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:16:16 pm »
Any idea how much it costs by airmail?

• Jeff619
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2011, 08:12:52 am
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 05:47:52 pm »
I did it several years ago with no problem and it was cheap. But when I tried last August I was told that the USPS no longer offers a surface shipping option to Korea. The only option was airmail, which was way too expensive to be worth it.
I was told the same thing by my parents.  The last package they sent was about 7 pounds and cost $370 to ship.  At first I thought there must have been a clerical error, but it was roughly the same price to send a package to my sister in Australia.  Also, my sister just sent a package that was about a pound and it cost 60 to ship.  Needless to say, I won't be getting any packages for quite some time.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:30 am »
I was told the same thing by my parents.  The last package they sent was about 7 pounds and cost $370 to ship.  At first I thought there must have been a clerical error, but it was roughly the same price to send a package to my sister in Australia.  Also, my sister just sent a package that was about a pound and it cost 60 to ship.  Needless to say, I won't be getting any packages for quite some time.

My parents send me a box (or two) every month and it's always flat rate shipping. It's a pretty large box and it is almost always around 58~60 USD per box. My mom just gets it from the post office, fills it up with lots of goodies and sends it on over. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how heavy/light it is since it's flat rate it's always the same. It might be worth telling you're family about.

OP: You might look into flat rate shipping (even if it's airmail) it might be cheaper than not. I'm not sure of the sizes, but you can probably find out easily.

• Chicagohotdog
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 04, 2012, 12:25:31 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
    more
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »
Actually, the flat rate boxes have a weight limit of 20lbs. for the medium and large sized ones and 4lbs. for the small ones.  The large one is about $60 to ship the mediums are about $45 to ship and the small one is abotu $20 to ship roughly.  My mom keeps track of those prices more than I do but those prices should be relatively close and I'm for sure on the weight limits.  Domestically the weight doesn't matter, but internationally there is a limit.
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you