Read 1901 times

The Pentagon Admits: The "War On Terror" Will Never End
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:18:35 am »
I came across this article on ZeroHedge, a financial website.  The article's too long to put here, but it essentially talks about the real reasons the American-led war on terror was started and why it will continue for many, many years to come.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-21/pentagon-admits-war-terror-will-never-end

It still blows my mind that most people think the war on terror is about protecting us from "terrorists" (mainly Muslims from the Middle East) who are hiding behind every corner waiting to attack.

Stop listening to politicians and dust off your critical thinking skills and put them to work.

Re: The Pentagon Admits: The "War On Terror" Will Never End
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:34:51 am »
But we've always been at war with Eastasia.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:32:40 pm »
Some peopel started fighting it not knowing what it is, and they'll keep go fighting it forever just because it is the war that never ends...

• joseph921
  • Super Waygook

• September 15, 2010, 09:00:43 am
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 12:25:41 am »
"We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it "

• adamjay
  • Veteran

• August 29, 2011, 08:06:10 am
    • Wonju
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 01:31:08 pm »

"Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your deathíll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And Iíll watch while youíre lowered
Down to your deathbed
And Iíll stand oíer your grave
íTil Iím sure that youíre dead"

• Frozencat99
  • The Legend

• October 09, 2011, 04:31:36 pm
    more
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 02:43:35 pm »
Some people started fighting it not knowing what it is, and they'll keep go fighting it forever just because it is the war that never ends...

Perfect.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 08:55:08 am »
As long as there are radical militant Islamist extremists who attack and kill soldiers in London, blow up races in Boston and murder by the dozens, hundreds, and thousands no the war on terror will not and should not end.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 02:05:55 pm »
As long as there are radical militant Islamist extremists who attack and kill soldiers in London, blow up races in Boston and murder by the dozens, hundreds, and thousands no the war on terror will not and should not end.

Are you sure you're not talking about NATO and the US Military?

Anyways, if you're convinced that the war on terror is really about stopping terrorists, then I doubt any evidence will make you change your mind.

But I will leave you with one thought. I don't know how much you know about what's happening in Syria right now, but what most people hear on the news is that the "good guys" who are the opposition forces, are trying to overthrow the "bad guys" which is the government in power at this time.

Ignoring briefly who are really the good guys and who are the bad guys (and quite possibly both sides are the bad guys), it's interesting to note who's supplying the opposition forces.  They are being supplied by the Qataris, as well as the Americans, and it looks like the British and the French will soon be selling them arms.  The reason the Qataris are interested is because they want to build a natural gas pipeline to Europe (through Syria). The Russians don't want that pipeline built and so are backing the current Syrian government.

What's really interesting, though, is that for years Western governments have been declaring Al Qaeda as Enemy #1, and so thousands of people (many of them innocent, often "collateral damage") have been killed in the pursuit of Al Qaeda. Yet if you look at the makeup of the opposition forces in Syria, you see that many of them have very clear links to Al Qaeda.  So you have the US, with Britain and France eager to join, supplying forces with direct links to Al Qaeda with weapons. Don't take my word for it - look it up. If that doesn't make it any clearer, I'm not sure what will.

The war on terror is a farce, and anyone that refuses to see that has been duped.

• Spongeblob
  • Super Waygook

• March 03, 2011, 10:21:58 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »
In today's world ..
Write makes Might.  Might still makes right.
The man, he hides still, in plain sight.
It's the man, Man!

(Lights up another piece of Kimchi and evaporates into the mist.)