Read 2014 times

D10 VISA query
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:46:19 am »
Hi all, does any one know if its possible to obtain a D10 after you've been out of Korea for the pasttwo months? I finished my second contract with Smoe two months ago and am now looking to get this Visa when I return. Thanks

Re: D10 VISA query
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:00:13 am »
When I got my D10, they had told me I had 2 weeks from the time my contract ended to apply for the D10 with the letter of release from my school.

You might need new visa documents in order to come back and apply if your old visa is expired.

  • CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

    • 1783

    • June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
Re: D10 VISA query
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:39:07 am »
I've heard you must apply for a D-10 visa before your ARC expires.

Re: D10 VISA query
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:58 am »
You can call immigration from outside Korea using +82 1345 and ask them.

  • skippy
  • Expert Waygook

    • 873

    • January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
Re: D10 VISA query
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 12:09:21 pm »
If you canceled you previous visa/ handed in to immigration at the airport, then no you can not apply for a D-10.

The D-10 is a bridging visa that allows people to go from visa to visa.   So you have to presently be on a visa to get it.  Plus the D-10 is usually applied for in Korea.

You should have got the visa before you left. 

That being said, some special people can apply for the D-10 from an overseas consulate. 

    "Recognized person by the minister of ministry of justice, who wants do training or job seeking to be Professor(E1), Foreign language Instructor(E2), Research(E3), Technological Guidance(E4), Special Profession(E5), Specially Designated Activities(E7)"

         *  Experienced worker at world best 300 corporations

         - At one of world best 300 corporations announced by FORTUNE,

         - Who has working experience for 1 year or more as a indispensable expert, or who has working experience for 5 year

           or more as a expert(foreign human-resource who has professional knowledge, technology or ability)

        - To check the list of world best 500 corporations announced by FORTUNE, please refer following web-site.


        * Who graduated from world best 200 university (graduate school)

         - Who is expecting to graduate or a degree acquirer from world best 200 university(graduate school) announced by

          THE TIMES in the United Kingdom in the last 3 years.

        - To check the list of world best 200 universities announced by The Times, please refer following web-site.

You will likely have to apply for a new visa from scratch.  Start getting your paperwork together.  If you are back home, getting paperwork is easier.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:35:42 pm by skippy »
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

  • iamrhart
  • Hero of Waygookistan

    • 1938

    • November 16, 2011, 01:20:16 pm
    • XXXXXXXXxx
Re: D10 VISA query
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 12:26:21 pm »
I would guess, with about 95% surety that you are out of luck. Your alien card and visa would both be out of date after 1 month.

Before you left the country, you had to surrender your ARC card. Also, 30days after your contract finishes, you Visa become expired too. So, yeah, pretty much you are 'out of the system' at that point.

You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.