Read 7095 times

• rhetoric
  • Veteran

• April 14, 2010, 02:25:10 pm
    • Samcheonpo
Re: Not getting renewed in a public school
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 08:42:13 am »
Yeah, well, I liked Smaug's post. It's hard to capture the rock and the roll of the employment situation here. I found it both humorous an uplifting. In any event, I found it full of personality, which I thought was great. One thing I've discovered about language teaching is that you if you can figure out how to teach the culture, the language follows almost automatically.

The Korean National Curriculum, on the other hand, has been designed with the opposite philosophy in mind. Teach the language so as to avoid any possible contagion from the culture. Our jobs then, if we are true to our calling, is to reassemble the elements of the lesson to defeat the xenophobes, and reverse engineer authentic education. And you need personality to do that!

Mother is the Invention of Necessity

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 08:46:36 am »
to the dude who posts as smaug. i know you're trying awfully hard to be funny with your sarcastic, illiterate posts. but come on dude, it's seriously not funny. it's actually a little sad that you take the time to write such extremely long journal entries to try and please others on this website. i feel your social life is almost nonexistent, please rectify this for your own good!

OP, don't fret! plenty of PS jobs available for you after you've finished. just be strong and hang in there!

I enjoyed it.  ;D

• dachiza727
  • Super Waygook

• June 24, 2010, 09:52:23 pm
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 11:43:52 am »
"smaug talk" has to be some kind of iphone app, or maybe his alter ego.  ala
to the dude who posts as smaug. i know you're trying awfully hard to be funny with your sarcastic, illiterate posts. but come on dude, it's seriously not funny. it's actually a little sad that you take the time to write such extremely long journal entries to try and please others on this website. i feel your social life is almost nonexistent, please rectify this for your own good!

OP, don't fret! plenty of PS jobs available for you after you've finished. just be strong and hang in there!

"smaug talk" has to be some iphone app, or maybe it's his alter ego.  a-la BLANKMAN!

"Iíll have a vanilla...one of those vanilla bullshit things. You know, whatever you want, some vanilla bullshit latte cappa thing. Whatever you got."

true dat.