Read 1556 times

Hello
Does anyone know of any advocacy groups for teachers in Gyeonggi-do? I live in Paju and was unfairly fired and they told me that now, they are not going to pay for my severance or plance ticket. I was fired one day before my contract was to end and they are just doing it so that they do not have to pay me. Does anyone know where I can go to put in a complaint about this place?
Thanks,
Joshua Hernandez
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:10:21 pm by joshuahernandez »

And know a teacher advocacy for some who was ripped off by their school?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:02:25 pm »
Hello
Does anyone know a teacher advocacy group in the Gyeonggi-do area for a school that is has ripped me off? I was unfairly fired one day before my contract was to end. I would like to file a complaint against this school and don't know who I can go to. Does someone know? Please get back to me if you do. I am suppose to leave Korea in 10 days, but do not know who to turn to make a complaint. Please, get back to me if you know at fatcatbuzz@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Joshua Hernandez
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:33:08 pm by joshuahernandez »

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
Go to the labour board.

PM 'troglodyte'. He's a user on here that really seems to know what's going on.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Do you happen to know the name of the labor board in Gyeonggi do? Or in Seoul?

If what you say is true, and you were fired the day before your contract ended and your employer thinks that will prevent them from paying you flight and severance, then they are extremely stupid and you need to contact the labor board, who will absolutely side with you.

In Paju, you need to use the Uijeongbu District Office for the Labor board:

Phone No. : 82-31-877-0009
Address: 526-1, Younghyun-dong, Uijeongbu-si Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Get off at Nowon Station. Take bus #72-1 or #1152 and get off at Lotte Mart. Start moving south from Lotte Mart and cross west to the other side of the street to the 약국. Keep walking west past Mister Pizza and you'll eventually see the building on your right.

OK, thanks. I will do that first thing in the morning.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,42362.0.html

The above thread contains a link to the Labor Board's website. Your case seems pretty black and white. They have to give you at least 30 days' notice if they fire you. Your school definitely broke the law.