Read 964 times

Change of Sojourn
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:37:09 am »
This is my second job in Korea on the same visa. However, I will not be renewing with this school. Is it possible to have a second job change on the same visa after a completed contract? I've heard that with a second change of sojourn I have to return home to get new docs.

• jupinkorea
  • Super Waygook

• June 04, 2012, 05:25:32 pm
    • Seoul
    more
Re: Change of Sojourn
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:02:39 pm »
No you don't have to go back home, you can do it in Korea easily, I've just completed a change over. It's alot easier than getting the docs all sorted as you've already got them, well Korean immigration does on file. Basically it's a matter of extending it for another year and changing employers and address's.
"North Korea everything sunny all the time, always good time, beach party" Johnny Mountain

• skippy
  • Expert Waygook

• January 12, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
    • Daejeon
    more
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:36:03 pm »
Yes, you can change jobs or transfer as many times as you want, if you can fulfill the obligations.

If you are lucky you can avoid submitting new docs.  But, sometimes immigration might require new documents if the previous ones are not up to snuff.   For example you had submitted a state CRC, you will likely need to submit a Federal/FBI check.   The health check can be a toss up.   If a renewal, I think a health check is not likely needed, changing schools chances just went up.

Consider getting extra paperwork for the chance it is asked for.

Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

• jupinkorea
  • Super Waygook

• June 04, 2012, 05:25:32 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »
Yeah if you are changing schools, you do need to get a new health check, which I'd recommend you get now and then the school can payback after.
"North Korea everything sunny all the time, always good time, beach party" Johnny Mountain