Read 10995 times

iPhone 4S Repair?
« on: March 10, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy and quality repair place for an iPhone 4S, in either Incheon or Seoul?

Thanks!

Re: iPhone 4S Repair?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »
That's not terribly far away.

I can't seem to find the directions... which repair place did you go to Nowon or Wolgok?

The faceplate of the phone is separating from body, there's a small gap that I'd like to have closed up if possible. Hopefully this isn't a time-intensive or expensive task.

Any more info you can give me is much appreciated.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:02 am »
Is it possible to fix a water damaged iphone 5? I saw this thread and I thought someone would know. I went to the Philippines for vacation and my phone got damaged in Boracay at the beach. SK told me that the insurance doesnt cover water damage....

I cannot turn it on...if you know how I can fix it please advise

Thanx

• doerrtim
  • Adventurer

• September 05, 2012, 01:06:57 pm
    • buyeo
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 08:25:28 am »
I went to the place in Nowon to have my iPad screen repaired. It's not a perfect repair (I think he crammed a iPad 2 digitizer on it) and it had to be taken back because it started coming off again. Was pretty expensive and I don't live in Seoul so travel expenses have to be figured in. All in all it cost a little more than what Apple would have charged but I got to avoid the hassle of shipping.

Anyways the guy was super nice and did the repairs pretty quickly. I think part of my problem was having what was then a newer device. With something as common as the 4S (which I assume he gets all the time) you'd probably have better luck.

Anyways just thought I'd share since I went there.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 08:01:53 pm »
Thanks for all the help and insight. I'll go check this place out!

• K
  • Super Waygook

• November 03, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
    • SK
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:48:58 am »
Hey, I hope this isn't too late. There is also a place near Juan for Olleh contract customers. It's their AS centre. They are amazing. I have had two iPhones replaced there. Luckily, I have insurance so the first time it was free and the second I only paid 50,000 won. My friend went there without insurance and left the same day with a new phone. She paid $200. The staff were really kind and very helpful!

If this is useful, I'll let you know the exact address. I have to look it up again but I'll have time after class.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 08:03:06 am »
Yeah the guy in Nowon is pretty good. My top button wasn't working so he fixed that. I cracked my screen about 2 weeks ago and may go back to have that fixed.

• GiftofGab
  • Waygookin

• July 20, 2010, 01:25:15 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 08:57:52 am »
There is a place in Gangnam that is fantastic, I think this might be a link to them.   
http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=khs3687&logNo=80157489834 Cracked the back glass to my 4s and it cost me maybe 30-40 to have it taking care of right there.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 02:40:45 pm »
K - Wow, I actually live in Juan. That place sounds great! Please do post the the info.

GiftofGab - It looks like that place you went also has a location in Bupyeong (and 6 other), so I may check them out and get a quote at least.

Thanks a lot everyone!

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:40 pm »
Update:

So I went to the "I-Smile Again" Bupyeong location and was very satisfied. My front-plate was coming apart from the body of the phone. The service guy thoroughly and carefully investigated and determined that the battery had bulged, causing a pop of a screw and the separation. 35,000 Won and 20 minutes later he had replaced the battery and repaired it. Although he didn't speak English, I would definitely recommend this place. Great customer service. The place was comfortable, clean, and orderly.

Directions:
Meander through the Bupyeong underground until you find Exit 19. It pops you out directly in front of the station/Lotte complex, but across the huge roundabout intersection. Immediately to your left is a tower called Munhwa Officetel (문화) Go to the 13th Floor and follow the signs.

Here is a link to the website:
http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=khs3687&logNo=80157489834

Attached is a small flyer I was sent.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:24:17 pm by skaltpunk »

• CellarDoor
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• February 22, 2011, 04:25:08 pm
    • Tennessee, USA or Korea
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 01:30:50 pm »
How long are the Nowon repairs taking, specifically for the top button not working? I'm wondering if I need to plan for days, hours, or minutes for a repair like that.

• K
  • Super Waygook

• November 03, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
    • SK
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 07:52:53 am »
K - Wow, I actually live in Juan. That place sounds great! Please do post the the info.

Hey! Here's the info. It's near Juan in Ganseok-dong. It's across from 경원초등학교. You can use that information if you take a taxi. Again, this is for Olleh KT costumers.

032-422-7575 인천광역시 남동구 간석1동 520-3 kt인천지사 1층

http://map.naver.com/index.nhn?pinId=21116629&pinType=site&streetviewer=on&pinTitle=hFKDXnrSvOUPcnoIuKDa1A==&enc=b64#

• Merv
  • Newgookin

• February 19, 2014, 11:43:45 am
    • Ansan
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 11:51:42 am »
Not sure if this thread is still going but I need help with a top button replacement for an iPhone 4S. I have just been to an apple service provider an they said I would have to replace the entire phone.. The warranty is up so I wanted to see if there was a cheaper option. Is the man in nowon still there? Does anyone know of a place closer to Ansan?

• amores
  • Veteran

• August 24, 2013, 10:00:01 am
    • Daejeon
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:34:37 am »
Not sure if this thread is still going but I need help with a top button replacement for an iPhone 4S. I have just been to an apple service provider an they said I would have to replace the entire phone.. The warranty is up so I wanted to see if there was a cheaper option. Is the man in nowon still there? Does anyone know of a place closer to Ansan?

I don't know about repairs, but have you turned on assistive touch? My top button is also broken, and I can turn my phone on/off and take screenshots with assistive touch.

1. General --> Accessibility --> AssistiveTouch - ON
2. To lock the screen: Hovering circle --> Device --> Lock Screen
3. To turn off: Hovering circle --> Device --> Hold Lock Screen and slide to power off
4. To turn back on: Plug in with USB
5. To take a screenshot: Device --> More --> Screenshot

You can move the hovering circle around if you need to get to something under it. Once you get the hang of it, though, it's not as annoying as it seems.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:36:23 am by amores »

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 08:24:44 am »
Does anyone know Korea's cell carrier policies on water damage?

One of the indicators (headphone jack) on my 4s is pinky colored but the other one where the charger port is, is still white. But my phone's sound has started to act up...2 weeks after the water accident...it was working perfectly right after the water accident, I even riced it. :\

Can I go to an Olleh or Apple A/S center and get it sorted? My phone's 1 year warranty was up in June but I still have premium phone insurance with Olleh...I don't really know what that covers though. Any recommendations on what to do in Korea would be helpful! Thank you!

Sorry I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to make a new one.  :P

• acousticr
  • Expert Waygook

• January 24, 2013, 11:42:50 am
    • Gyeonggi
    more
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 08:33:42 am »
I don't know about Olleh, maybe someone else can advise you about that. But if they can't do the repair, there are a number of places that will. Here's a link of service providers for Seoul, but there may be more, since I was looking for MacBook repairs: https://locate.apple.com/kr/ko/service/?pt=4&lat=37.566535&lon=126.97796919999996

If you go back to the search page, you can specify the product and your carrier. It looks like there are Olleh-specific repair centers.

https://locate.apple.com/kr/ko/ > 서비스 > location > type of product > carrier
$10 off your first order at iHerb.com with this code: BPC852

• CurlyQue
  • Adventurer

• July 02, 2014, 08:01:19 am
    • California
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 09:55:28 pm »
My iPhone from America is broken. Can I get it repaired in Korea? I was told by one rep that they can only repair iPhone's purchased in Korea. Anyone have experience getting an American iPhone repaired in Korea?

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 12:13:47 pm »
I really need to replace the battery for my iphone 4s (bought in Korea 2 years ago). I also need one of the speakers repaired.

Can anyone recommend a good repair shop in the Pyeongtaek/ Anseong area. Alternatively, Itaewon will do.

Thanks a million guys. :)