Read 2837 times

• 한소로
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 07:50:46 am
    more
What would you change about yourself? What would you keep?
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:15:36 pm »
What would you change about yourself? What would you specifically keep? Appearance or personality wise.

I'd change my nose.

I'd also change my naivete and my inability to judge when I've teased someone too far.

I would keep my very strategically placed beauty marks  :wink: ...that no one gets to see so I have to brag on here instead :sad:

(not advocating plastic surgery....)

• tausha12
  • Veteran

• May 03, 2012, 07:24:08 am
    • Dongducheon, South Korea
Re: What would you change about yourself? What would you keep?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:43:31 pm »
Honestly, I'd change my weight and my inability to say AND mean NO.

Everything else I would keep the same!

• wrinklebump
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 01:31:12 pm
    • Ulsan, Korea via Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 01:49:01 am »
I wish I was a baller
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:54:58 am »
I want to lose my adipose tissue around my waist, be a bit more active than I am, and do something with my hair so I don't have to think about it so much. Also try and be more patient.
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:47 pm »
I lost 100 pounds between my 42nd birthday and 43rd. I am now training to complete a triathlon as a 44 year old.

I accept everything I have been given but wish to take natural steps to improve on what I have. I wouldn't think for a second of altering the biological gifts I have inherited; the tools I possess but haven't honed is all on me though, so I feel responsible to myself for whatever self-improvements I make, knowing full well I have parental love no matter what I do, doing what I do simply for me, my health and other silly secondary reasons.

Everyone needs to accept themselves before they can truly change. It's irony or paradox, depending on how you read it, as long as you accept the contention that you are perfect the way you are,... now change!  ;D ... I mean, keep everything about yourself except that which you can and want to change and which you think is for the better and doable.

The serenity prayer comes into play here.

Good luck. And take care.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »
Change my upper leg/thigh area, change my anxiety/awkwardness, change my weirdly sensitive stomach (sensitive to stress, not so much to food) and increase my physical endurance (how far I can run and stuff.) I'd add more tattoos! :P

Keep a lot of stuff about my looks, as I'm *mostly* happy with them (especially skin tone, upper body, face.) Keep my vivid imagination, keep my mostly good attitude and optimism, keep my ability to entertain myself alone with little money pretty much indefinitely.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 12:05:29 pm »
Change my upper leg/thigh area, change my anxiety/awkwardness, change my weirdly sensitive stomach (sensitive to stress, not so much to food) and increase my physical endurance (how far I can run and stuff.) I'd add more tattoos! :P

I might lose a couple of pounds overall but I'm a good weight for my height, just not "tough" enough. (Kind of skinnyfat.)

Keep a lot of stuff about my looks, as I'm *mostly* happy with them (especially skin tone, upper body, face.) Keep my vivid imagination, keep my mostly good attitude and optimism, keep my ability to entertain myself alone with little money pretty much indefinitely.

• eveliens
  • Super Waygook

• November 05, 2010, 08:49:25 am
    • Seoul, Korea
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:22:42 am »
My nose. Not the actual nose itself but the fact that it's slightly tilted to the left is always the first thing that catches my eyes when I look at myself.

I'd also change some of the genetics that make me so susceptible to autoimmune disease.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm »
I'd change my ability to gain weight. Yes this sounds crazy, but not matter how much, or what I eat, I am a hard gainer.

I would keep the ability to eat pretty much anything without gaining any weight.

• rocketeerjoe
  • Expert Waygook

• March 08, 2012, 07:52:35 am
    • Jinhae, South Korea
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
Before, everything. I had terrible self esteem about my looks before finding out from Korean people I look like a handsome Hollywood movie star!

real answer: to be six inches taller. I'm 5'10". I have dreamed of what it's like to be taller.
"If you want to change your direction. If your time of life is at hand. Well, then don't be the rule, be the exception. A good place to start is to stand. Just put one foot in front of the other." - Rankin Bass Santa Claus

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 10:07:25 am »
I'd change (gen modify) my skin to have the same feeling, look, and flexibility yet be as strong as graphene. And change my internal organs to be resistant to shock. So if I walked out onto a highway and got hit by a car going 120, I'd just fly up, bounce a few times, then get up again.

I'd also change my bodies code so that I degenerated at a very slow rate, allowing me to live thousands of years without mental impairment.

If we don't end up nuking each other, humans will eventually be able to do this and I'm  :sad: I won't be around when it happens.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• wrinklebump
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 02:33:55 am »
I wish I was a little bit taller
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

• Engrish
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2012, 10:56:14 am
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 08:01:58 am »
I'd transform my body into a living breathing weapon of pure kung fu awesomeness able to fell a velociraptor in a single strike.

Seriously though I'd also change my nose into a more angular shape. Past lovers have always commented on its squishiness and poked/prodded it enough to make me uncomfortable. It also runs whenever I eat spicy food  :huh:

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 08:32:17 am »
What I would change:

First of all, my weight would be the very first thing I would change. I'm already working on that now. It's particularly a curse for me because I'm short, female, and small-framed. Therefore, any weight I put on is incredibly obvious and looks terrible. I am currently and have always been sort of pudgy. If I could magically lose 10 pounds (or grow 3 inches so that my weight would be more "evenly dispersed") that would be wonderful.

Second of all, I wish I was more forward and out-going in person. Too often I've let people run over me because I never stood up for myself. I've been working on this too and have gotten better, but I still need to be more assertive and less passive-aggressive with things. I think I could get more things to go my way if I stood my ground better.

What I wouldn't change

Physically speaking, my skin. I am one of those people you hate who never needs to buy skin products, yet still has (by definition) "perfect skin". However, I'm still a little fat so that's a bit of a trade-off  :laugh:

Personality-wise, probably my on-going desire for change and progression with my life. This keeps things interesting. I get bored if I'm in the same place for too long, working the same job, doing the same thing. I feel that I have maxed out my time in Korea because I'm already planning what to do with my life next and I can barely wait to get started on those plans.

Also, I would never want to change the wonderful people who are in my life. I have such great friends and family, and an amazing boyfriend. If I were to lose any of these people, it would be extremely difficult for me to get back on my feet.

• Frozencat99
  • The Legend

• October 09, 2011, 04:31:36 pm
    more
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 10:40:13 am »
I'd change my superficiality over my weight because my health checks always come back excellently and I've never had health complications in any sense... well, I'd probably drop having NF-1 but that's about it.

I'd keep pretty much everything else as is. Not going to bog down the one life I have here with self-imposed restrictions and/or regrets.  :afro:
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:45 am »
Oh yeah, keep.

I'd keep my resilience. It's a good quality, I like it.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:15 am »
I wish I was a baller
I wish I was a little bit taller
and then something about rabbits and an Impala...

But really, I wish I was a little more motivated. I get comfortable too quickly. An extra helping of self-discipline would be nice too.

• wrinklebump
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 02:59:29 pm »
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala