video for reading

• bmaret
  • Adventurer

• September 02, 2012, 08:40:34 pm
    • Hadong (Gyeongnam Province)
Re: Lesson 3: My Family Weekend
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 09:24:24 am »
Page 53: WILL/WON'T

I was skeptical about making a 45 minute lesson out of "will/won't" but was inspired by the MASH game I remember playing as a middle schooler. In this lesson, it functions as a practice of predicting the future with "will."

I've attached:
-PowerPoint in older format
-PowerPoint in PPTx format
-MASH game handout
-a reference half-sheet handout

You may want to change the slides if you don't want to end up marrying G-Dragon and living on the moon. :)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:17:30 pm by bmaret »

• Warra
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2012, 08:10:27 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 08:23:53 am »
Here is my PPT with three lessons worth plus a document containing a lesson plan for each lesson.
I borrowed a lot from Mattarus' PPT and also the hobbies worksheet, which I won't repost.
There is an awesome jobs activity with a worksheet that you unfortunately do need my PPT for. I got it from another thread and it works really well.
Hope it helps!

• jeffziegler
  • Adventurer

• September 10, 2012, 09:54:58 am
    • Osan-si, South Korea
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 01:33:18 pm »
This is a powerpoint with the lesson's vocabulary, as well as a memory game.

• jeffziegler
  • Adventurer

• Osan-si, South Korea
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 01:35:36 pm »
Also, a lesson focusing on the language section of the textbook: Future tense using "will", as well as "don't".

• jeffziegler
  • Adventurer

• Osan-si, South Korea
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 01:51:54 pm »
Last addition here:

Two worksheets, the first covering the Listen and Talk section. At the bottom, have students write "Can" two questions for the teachers. Students then ask the teacher a question and you ask them a question.

The second worksheet covers "do" and "don't".

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 01:44:13 pm »
Here's my review lesson using the activities at the back of the book.

Hopefully this is useful to someone next year.

• Kingeudey
  • Veteran

• December 16, 2010, 08:57:02 am
    • Korea
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 07:01:53 pm »
Here's my latest.  Along with other things I have found on here, I made this "Ability Bingo" powerpoint for things on Page 45C.  I'll print out the 2nd slide for each student and they have to walk around and make a bingo if they can. (Directions are on the first slide).

If they say they have a bingo, the person that they wrote in the slot has to perform the act to prove it.  I hope it works!

I've added a few other things I found out in cyberspace.
Some where from this site, others were not.
Thanks to whomever created them!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:01:59 am by Kingeudey »

• Kailovely
  • Explorer

• March 02, 2014, 04:16:13 pm
    • Ulsan, South Korea
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 09:46:08 am »
Here my compilation for Lesson 3. I stole some from other Waygookers and then added some from the book. I divide all my lesson into two weeks so there's 3.1 and 3.2. If you have any questions let me know! Hope this is useful to someone :D

• Kingeudey
  • Veteran

• Korea
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »
Here's the goodies I have for this.
Only one other person had stuff for imperatives so I made my own. Should be self explanatory.
I do the intro, then quickly just put the imperatives drill pdf on the projector and see if they know who said and who heard them, and then go into the speed reading game.

I forgot to add the little clip that goes with the Intro.
It needs to be in the same file for it to work properly.
If it doesn't work, the you tube address is in the notes at the bottom of the slide.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:49:24 pm by Kingeudey »

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 08:39:59 am »
Hello,

Reference: Hobbies, Activities

I have attached a 3 chapter review powerpoint and a mario bomb game, both of which went down very well. For the Mario game, I had to delete a number of the GIFS and pictures to the questions to get the file beneath the file limit, so these will need to be replaced. I have also attached a when and what powerpoint along with a Yugioh bomb game that they also enjoyed. Along with this, I have attached another powerpoint I used but I cannot remember in which context. I have also attached a 'family fortunes' style game. This also goes down very well and gets kids speaking that usually don't.

1) Quite a lot of it is personalised towards me, Ulsan or my football team and these slides will need to be changed.

2) Im reasonably prone to errors in the powerpoint so you will need to look for these as well.

3) My school is all boys, so I probably rely on competition more than others.

4) My remit is solely to try and get them to talk.

Regards!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:53:30 am by IanTedstone »

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 03:48:40 pm »
Here is a basketball game and PowerPoint for page 44, part C.

Target Language:

What's your hobby?
What do you do in your free time?*
What hobby are you into?*
What are your hobbies?*

I like ________
I enjoy________*
I love _________*

Note: the target language with * appears in the teacher's copy of the textbook, but not in the student's copy.

• Kingeudey
  • Veteran

• Korea
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 11:56:20 am »
Here's a very simple Battleship for the Listen and Speak Pts 1 and 2.
I have them draw 4 ships (1 five space, 1 four space, and 2 three space).
If they're not familiar with the game I usually take a day of them just asking me and telling them hit or miss, so they can learn to keep track.
Enjoy!

• SidDriver
  • Waygookin

• October 17, 2013, 09:20:30 pm
    • Anyang South Korea
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 12:37:21 pm »
Hi, this is my lesson designed for Unit 3, Listen and Talk 2.
After doing the listen and talk I have a hybrid animal slideshow and then a handout for students to design their own hybrid animal and write down what it can/can't do. If time permits, I let some of the more brave students present their drawings to the class. It's not a full lesson, so if you don't teach the book, you'll have to supplement it with something else. Cheers!  :afro:

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:39 pm »
I taught the second part of this lesson (modal verbs of ability) as an open class and thought I would share since it went very well.

My students are relatively low-level overall and the group I taught this class to was especially low-level (though super fun and high energy!). Because of this, it is possible that these activities may be a bit too easy for other students, but I do think they could be adapted for more advanced students (or elementary school students).

The lesson plan explains everything. There are also two PPTs. One is the actual PPT to be used in class and the other is the various materials to laminate for each of the three activities. I printed that second PPT as two slides per sheet, the perfect size for my purposes. Both of the PPTs have notes that I added in order to clarify anything that may not be immediately obvious for those seeing the materials for the first time.