Read 1075 times

taking old job back next year? changing offices of education?
« on: February 15, 2013, 09:18:51 am »
ok so from 2010-jan 2012 I worked near changnyeong as an epik public school teacher in the Gyeongsan Provincal office of ed. i made 2.2 plus 100k rural at the time so 2.3. I left after the contract. Now im in the epik program in the Gyeongsangnam office of ed (changwon area). I amat 2.3 a month here plus 100k multiple school. I am told if i recontract next year i will top out the salary at 2.5 plus 100k=2.6 million.

I still have my old contract from the last job and it has a top salary of 2.7 plus 100k rural.....so 2.8 million a month.

question: If Im at the 2+ salary NOW in this office of education and decide to take my old job back at the end of my contract(which im very confident ill get it) will I be able to get the 1level salary at my old school? And the next year the 1+ salary...since the changwon area does not offer the 1+

thanks

• Morticae
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 31, 2010, 12:45:33 pm
Re: taking old job back next year? changing offices of education?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 09:28:31 am »
ok so from 2010-jan 2012 I worked near changnyeong as an epik public school teacher in the Gyeongsan Provincal office of ed. i made 2.2 plus 100k rural at the time so 2.3. I left after the contract. Now im in the epik program in the Gyeongsangnam office of ed (changwon area). I amat 2.3 a month here plus 100k multiple school. I am told if i recontract next year i will top out the salary at 2.5 plus 100k=2.6 million.

I still have my old contract from the last job and it has a top salary of 2.7 plus 100k rural.....so 2.8 million a month.

question: If Im at the 2+ salary NOW in this office of education and decide to take my old job back at the end of my contract(which im very confident ill get it) will I be able to get the 1level salary at my old school? And the next year the 1+ salary...since the changwon area does not offer the 1+

thanks

You should be able to get Level 1, as the requirement is 2 years of teaching experience.

But, you're mistaken about getting 1+ after the next year. This sounds like the EPIK payscale, so I'll mention the EPIK requirements for 1+. You have to teach at a level 1 salary, in the same province for TWO years.

Re: taking old job back next year? changing offices of education?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:43:43 am »

You should be able to get Level 1, as the requirement is 2 years of teaching experience.

But, you're mistaken about getting 1+ after the next year. This sounds like the EPIK payscale, so I'll mention the EPIK requirements for 1+. You have to teach at a level 1 salary, in the same province for TWO years.
[/quote]

thanks. I guess I will stick around here at my current job then. They told me I will go to the level 1 next year if I renew (2.5 plus 100k). thanks. and God forbid if cutbacks ever do take my job I know I can always get an epik job inthe country again.