Read 1610 times

• jonpurdy
  • Veteran

• March 10, 2010, 01:42:50 pm
    • Ulsan
New 5th and 6th Grade Teacher's Guides
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:55:41 am »
I just received the new materials and was able to find the teacher's guides on the CD. However, each lesson is saved as an individual .swf file! And you can't even copy and paste without accessing the guide by opening it from within the &$*#@! program!

Any ideas on how to get this as a PDF or HWP file?  I checked with my co and she wasn't able to find anything online. Though it's still early.

• Paul
  • Featured Contributor

• September 21, 2010, 10:28:58 pm
    • Seoul
Re: New 5th and 6th Grade Teacher's Guides
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:12 am »
SWFs are compiled flash (interactive/animation) files. Uhm... if you had a Flash license you could try and nab the assets I guess. Basically, my web searching can't show up an easy way.

You could always grab them as images I guess (PrintScreen) then run text recognition over the output, but that's getting well into PITA file reverse-engineering territory.

Edit:

Here's the official word from Adobe: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/410/tn_4109.html
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:05:07 am by Paul »
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

• jonpurdy
  • Veteran

• March 10, 2010, 01:42:50 pm
    • Ulsan
Re: New 5th and 6th Grade Teacher's Guides
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:31 am »
Thanks for the response. Having experienced trying to extract data from Flash like that before, there's no way the formatting will be preserved. It's difficult enough going from .hwp to .doc, heh.

I've been all over the publisher's website and was unable to find anything there, either. I'm sure a proper document will turn up sometime next week.