Read 1365 times

• papayapie
  • Super Waygook

• May 30, 2012, 10:30:06 am
    more
what did your school provide for you in your apartment?
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:15:16 pm »
Not sure if it totally fits here, but since our contracts usually say something about what we're supposed to be given in our apartment...

What did your school give you? Or what did you have in your apartment when you arrived?

My school gave me:
1. CD player ( :rolleyes: who even uses CDs anymore?)
2. Iron
3. Side table (like the kind of smaller table you usually have by your bed)
4. TV (that took up all the room on the side table leaving me no place to eat or study or do anything)
5. Bed (covered in blood on one side)
6. Small dresser (couldn't even fit half of my clothes...don't know if just too small, or I have too much clothing)
7. Super small fridge (the size of a fridge people have at home to just keep soda and beer in their room next to their bed)

anddddddddd that's it! No silverware, no plates, no blankets, no pillows, no rice cooker, no toaster, no fan, no sofa, no chairs, and I suppose they decided my desk and kitchen table could be one in the same. Oh, and my gas range was broken when I arrived.

:-* :-* :-*

Re: what did your school provide for you in your apartment?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:42:29 pm »
My room (first NET there so not from previous tenants) came with a double (queen size?) bed, wardrobe, fridge-freezer (reasonable size), washing machine, a few drawers (basically the TV unit) and a CRT TV with digi-box, and an air-con unit.  A day later my school provided me with some bedding, a microwave, and a toaster.  Everything else I had to buy myself apart from a few old school desks I appropriated from school (with permission).   Pans and cutlery were all on me.  My cooker did work though.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:26:57 am »
I got

TV (cable tv hooked up, as it's part of my maintenance fee), Chest of Drawers, Bed frame (good quality) with Duvet, sheet and a pillow (the duvet is wonderful quality and i'm so thankful to my school).

I also got a fridge, washing machine and microwave (they come with the apartment, which was brand new and just finished being built). The school bought me a great set of pots and pans, along with what I think they thought was a great set of bowls and plates (but were super super tiny korean bowls and plates).

I was pretty happy with all that. I do believe there was money left over, but i was so happy with the quality and that, that i didn't even think to ask for anything else.

On my first night, a CT did take me to Emart to grab all the little stuff I needed. Also later on, I asked my school for a desk and a chair and they got one from their storage area.
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:26:07 pm »
The teacher who was here before me left some cooking stuff, a microwave, a electric kettle, and some dishes. Oh, and a drying rack, hamper, iron, ironing board, and clothes hangers.

Also, there was a mattress/box spring and a sort of a bench seat thing. And a low table. Of course, there was also the standard stuff like fridge, freezer, washing machine, sink, etc.

I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting anything but the basic large appliances and a mattress. My apartment is awesome.

• miss_cho
  • Super Waygook

• October 10, 2011, 10:00:55 am
    • Korea
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:01:50 pm »
My first apartment came with a low shelving unit, flat screen TV, small fridge, microwave, dishwasher, rice cooker and water dispenser (with a filter).

My co-teacher took me shopping the first day I was there and I picked out my bed, bedding, desk, chair, a set of dishes for 2, pot, pan and knife. He kept asking me if I needed other stuff but there was a miscommunication and I wasn't aware that the school was paying for all the kitchen items and bedding (I thought it was coming out of my settlement allowance) or I would've picked out a few more things (which my co-teachers wife kept encouraging me to buy such as a toaster, more pans, etc). I did end up paying for other kitchen items such as the trash can, cutting boards, etc so when I changed schools I took them with me.