Read 1503 times

• Tyshine
  • Adventurer

• May 11, 2012, 12:03:08 pm
    • Daegu
Visa questions
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:28:39 am »
I will try to make this sound as simple as possible, but please forgive me if something is unclear.

My contract ends the end of April. While here I will apply for PS jobs with the August 25th start date. I need to be back in Korea sometime in June. I also plan on getting a camp job in July.

I am not sure when my visa will be for the public school job, but I can say I am very on top of all my paperwork.

I am not sure if I should get a D10 or a tourist visa for when I come back. Also I am not sure if I can get an E2 while in Korea or if I will have to fly over to Japan. Also I don't know if there will be any complications with the camp job visa status and the PS job, or any complications with the D10.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, because I've done some research and am still not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Mark van
  • Veteran

• February 04, 2011, 10:55:24 am
    • Busan, Korea
Re: Visa questions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:00:03 pm »
So..

April => End
June=> Return to Korea
July=> Camp Job
August=>PS Job

"I am not sure if I should get a D10 or a tourist visa for when I come back."
You need to get your D10 after your contract expires, before your visa expires (get it before you leave). I think a D10 is your best option because then you don't need to submit all those documents again later.

"I am not sure if I can get an E2 while in Korea or if I will have to fly over to Japan."
I'm not sure, but if you get a D10 you don't need to worry about that.

"I don't know if there will be any complications with the camp job visa status and the PS job"
Hell yeah, there will be complications. You can't work on a tourist or D10 visa. How do you plan on teaching at the Camp and then a month later at the PS? You'll have to be sneaky sneaky :P However if caught teaching at the camp (when your not supposed to) it could be better having a D10 compared to a tourist visa.

• Tyshine
  • Adventurer

• May 11, 2012, 12:03:08 pm
    • Daegu
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:08 pm »
I should be clear I dont plan on working on an tourist or d10. I have double sets of all my documents.

Can I get my E2 while in Korea?

• Hannabelle
  • Waygookin

• March 27, 2012, 09:15:10 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:15:03 am »
Sorry I have no advice. Just also need help with my visa.

My contract ends 28 February and the new contract starts only on the 19th of March. 

My school informed me that I do not need to come to school for deskwarming. So no need to come to school from the 15th of Feb.  I already put in my vacation days from the 25 - 28 th of Feb, so I would not have been at school the last day of the contract.

I would like to go visit home during that time.  But there are issues with transferring the visa.  The recruiter told me she asked immigration and I can only do it after the contract expires, otherwise it will influence my severance. But I called immigration too and they told me I can do it beforehand.  Today I called them again with a lot of mis-communication she told me I can do it 15 days after the contract expires.

They also mentioned that it will be a problem if I am outside of Korea and the school reports to Immigration that the contract expired.  I might have trouble coming back.

Does anyone have experience with this?  Or do I just have to come back and do the transfer in the middle?

Thank you.

• Grimne_Lothos
  • Expert Waygook

• December 28, 2011, 12:56:27 pm
    • Buyeo, south korea
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 09:56:22 am »
I should be clear I dont plan on working on an tourist or d10. I have double sets of all my documents.

Can I get my E2 while in Korea?
why not?

job ends...get d10 visa
return to Korea...convert d10 visa to camp visa
camp ends
convert camp visa to e2 visa (may require documents)