Read 1862 times

• leahnb.89
  • Newgookin

• September 13, 2012, 09:33:04 pm
    • Haenam
Taking the GRE in Daegu - help/advice sought
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:43:53 pm »
Howdy y'all.  I'm registered to take my GRE in Daegu at Keimyung University February 2nd.  I luckily have all of next week off to prepare and study.  However, I am NOT familiar with Daegu at all.  I hail from the Jeolla province and am much more familiar with the big cities down south.  I have the address and time to the testing center but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into and I don't want to end up lost in Daegu on my test day.  Despite knowing mediocre Korean, I'm fearful that it may not be enough to help me survive the day.  I'll probably head up there a day in advance to scope everything out and mentally prepare.  If any of y'all have any pointers or advice (where to stay, study, etc), it'd be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

• Muumuu
  • Newgookin

• June 14, 2012, 01:02:59 pm
Re: Taking the GRE in Daegu - help/advice sought
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »
Ack sorry, I accidentally posted this question under a friend's account instead of my own.  If anyone needs to PM or something, please send them to this account/username instead.

• Synoptic23
  • Veteran

• August 28, 2012, 09:40:28 am
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 04:06:20 pm »
How about taking a taxi to the testing center the day before to find a hotel in the area! When I took the GRE in Seoul, I checked out the facility and found accommodations beforehand. The following day I knew exactly were to to, and roughly how long it would take me to get there. The GRE can be stressful enough. Try to reduce that stress. Good luck.
Korea since 2009

• Muumuu
  • Newgookin

• June 14, 2012, 01:02:59 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »
Yep!  That's the plan.  I'm just trying to see if I can get any additional details - I'll have to call the uni to see if they can divulge the exact location of the testing center for me since it's so vague and in Korean online.  Luckily I have all next week off from work so I was going to truck up there the day or two days before.  Thank you and I really appreciate it!