Read 1243 times

• mr_spivak
  • Veteran

• June 15, 2011, 01:38:59 pm
    • Bundang, Korea
Recommend a 2nd hand phone!
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »
Hi all,

I've had an AnyCall flip phone for 2 years. It's severely obsolete already and I want to get something a little more modern. I already have an ipod touch for music, games, apps, but I can only use it when I have wifi and obviously I can't make phone calls.

I know nothing about phones, however, I do know I don't need or want the latest iphone or Galaxy. Basically just something that has a touchscreen, and I can use kakao talk and facebook.

Also, I prefer to own the phone. If I get an "unlocked" phone on ebay for example, can I get it activated here?

And if you're getting rid of your old phone, maybe I'd be interested if the price is right and it does what I want.

Thanks!

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Re: Recommend a 2nd hand phone!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:15:53 pm »
You are allowed to register one foreign phone on the networks here, so an unlocked phone from ebay is ok, provided it has the correct specs for Korea.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• mr_spivak
  • Veteran

• June 15, 2011, 01:38:59 pm
    • Bundang, Korea
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:30:45 am »
You are allowed to register one foreign phone on the networks here, so an unlocked phone from ebay is ok, provided it has the correct specs for Korea.

I have one foreign phone and I want to cancel it to get a new one.

I have no idea what the specs needed for Korea are or what a good deal is on a phone
that performs the tasks I asked about is...

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:34:53 pm »

I have one foreign phone and I want to cancel it to get a new one.

I have no idea what the specs needed for Korea are or what a good deal is on a phone
that performs the tasks I asked about is...

As long as the phone is at least a 3G and unlocked then it should be ok. There are plenty of places to get phones in Seoul. Research on the internet what phone you would like and then buy it. You say you don't want the latest Galaxy or iPhone, would you take an older model of either of those phones? If you will then it is easy to get a Galaxy S, S2 or an iPhone 4 or 4S.  You could even go for a Vega or LG. Just depends on you.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 05:38:00 pm »
Wanna wait a few months? I have an iphone 4s in SUPERB condition because I take excellent care of my stuff. The case has a small dent but get a new one and problem solved. Im here until April though  :P
WinRAR, WinRAR, chicken dinrar

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »
Go to Itaewon. Entire range of phones, good prices, and I know a guy who'll hook you up. 20min and you walk out with a phone.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd