Read 3288 times

Can I bring my dog on an airport bus?
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:27 pm »
I am leaving Korea in March and I am bringing my Cocker Spaniel with me. Does anyone know if I can take him on an airport bus with me?

Re: Can I bring my dog on an airport bus?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:41:46 pm »
I called the tourist help line (1330) with the same question last spring.  Their answer was "no." 

Try your own searches though, it could have changed since then.  Let us know if you get a different answer. 

Otherwise, your options are to find a friend with a car, rent a car, hire a taxi (van or car), or take the train from Seoul to Incheon Airport.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:46:00 pm »
Thanks for responding. I will call and ask. I am really hoping they will let me because taking a taxi from Bosan to Incheon would not be cheap.

• taewon
  • Super Waygook

• July 04, 2012, 12:00:38 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 02:33:03 pm »
Would it be in a cage? or sitting on your lap.
I would just take it anyway and ignore any problems.
Good luck
"One year they asked me to be poster boy - for birth control."
Rodney Dangerfield

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »
He would be in his kennel. He is about 13kg so not really a lap dog.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 02:45:10 pm »
Would it be in a cage? or sitting on your lap.
I would just take it anyway and ignore any problems.
Good luck

I understand you're trying to be helpful (and in Korea we've all experienced how rules and regulations are flexible depending on the Korean in power you're dealing with), but that would put the OP in a risky situation.  If she didn't have a backup plan and the bus driver refused to allow the dog, she'd miss her flight. 

I was told that even in a kennel, my 9 kg dog wasn't allowed on the airport bus.  :sad:  But OP, when you call, ask specifically about kennels!  Even try twice, on different days, if you don't like the answer.  Maybe I just got a person who wasn't sure and assumed dogs in kennels weren't allowed.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 03:01:29 pm »
I will call and don't worry I am not about to put myself in a bad/risky situation. Seems like, most likely, I am going to have to hire a taxi to take me and the pup. Trains would really be too much trouble moving all my luggage and the dog.

• cosmogony
  • Super Waygook

• November 24, 2010, 07:56:37 pm
    • Busan
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:59:48 pm »
I've taken my dog on a airport limo bus a couple times and never had a problem, but he was always in his kennel (which didn't fit through the aisle or on an actual chair, so I had the huge kennel on my lap). I would just also get on without making a fuss. My dog is about 9 kg and his kennel is quite big.

The thing with calling and asking about it is that it won't matter what they say. It's up to the individual driver (what his own "rule" is). The person you speak to may say it's not a problem, but the driver won't allow you (as is the case with taxi drivers, for example, who cannot refuse to drive you, even with a dog, but some still do). I would try to get on a bus that would be an hour earlier than you initially planned to get on and see what happens. If you're refused then you'll at least have that extra time to get a taxi or wait for the next bus.

You may be asked by the driver to put the dog with the luggage under the bus, which you should never ever do.

Good luck! I'll be going through the same thing in a couple months.
http://www.iherb.com Use coupon code fes089 to save $5-$10 on groceries/vitamins/beauty products.

http://earthclinic.com/  Natural Home Remedies

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:43 am »
Thanks for the response! It really seems too risky to me now. Also, I would never put my dog in a luggage bin of a bus! That is insane. I had a taxi driver tell me to put him in the trunk once when he was a baby and I looked at the guy like he was out of his mind then got another taxi.
Looks like I will be shelling out some cash to get to the airport.