Read 4213 times

• jenglish
  • Super Waygook

• September 01, 2010, 12:14:19 pm
    • Gwangju Elementary
The Genius of Girls Generation
« on: January 19, 2013, 06:33:07 am »
While channel surfing came across a Girls Generation concert in LA, once again captivated by their music skimpy outfits and suggestive, teasing choreography.

So after a minute of lip synching (with those facial close-ups so I can choose my fave and so they can point out how internationally successful they are by showing every single non-Korean fan in the audience) I'm at the point where I've got my fix and am about to start hitting my head on the floor because I'm listening to this:

"Don't make fun of me because I'm young, I couldn't talk because I was shy, Don't make fun of me because I'm young, It's just words that pass by" (because that's what their pouting, long looks and gyrations say--I'm shy)

So the song finishes and one of the girls says she's sorry there's only 7 of them tonight and I realize there's supposed to be 9.  But that's it!  She says they'll put on a great show and they start up again.  They don't say what happened to the missing girls or where they are, just they're not here let's have a good time!  No response from the fans because hey, there's still lucky 7 of us hee, hee :-*

They are so generically created by producers that some can come and go without it mattering (they all sound alike and the looks of the girls can be tailored to suit the likes of all demographics)--just like the cereal aisle or Stepford wives.  Mass marketing genius--could they be spies like Josie and the Pussycats?
I can't imagine other groups being so successful when one or two are missing.  Hi, we're the Black-Eyed Peas--Fergie and Will.I.Am aren't here tonight--we're just the Peas but let's have fun.

And no you can't compare the 2.  It'd be like comparing Psy to the Beatles or Elvis--something already done to some extent on this site. :evil: 

• jenglish
  • Super Waygook

• Gwangju Elementary
Re: The Genius of Girls Generation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:40:19 am »
Yes. Skimpy outfits. Suggestive choreography.

Sorry, that's all I remember reading.

Too old for Josie and the Pussycats?  Meow!

• wrinklebump
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 01:31:12 pm
    • Ulsan, Korea via Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:55:02 pm »
the plastic surgery before/afters on the naver blogs are unbelievable enough to warrant an investigation by mulder and scully.
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

• Nobbie Q
  • Veteran

• June 17, 2012, 05:15:58 pm
    • Seongnam, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 02:08:16 pm »
They suck, but it's different than having Will I Am and Fergie missing, since it's all about proportions. With those two missing that's like 66% of the group missing, whereas with GG, with only two missing, it's less than half.

They all look the same anyways so it's not like you really notice them gone.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:25:04 pm »
What if the 2 missing members of Girls Generation are dead, and the others are stalling because they need time to surgically alter their replacements??

I don't think they're giving us the full story, guys-- the Rothschilds and Morgans could be involved.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:40:14 pm »
What if the 2 missing members of Girls Generation are dead, and the others are stalling because they need time to surgically alter their replacements??

Yes, have you noticed on the latest album cover that Yoona is barefoot and slightly out of step with the other members, while Soo Young is holding a plastic dinosaur, an obvious reference to extinction. The girl at the back sports a skeleton t.shirt which is another obvious sign of a recent band fatality.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:47:09 pm by eggieguffer »

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 03:03:36 pm »
KPop nauseates me so I don't pay any attention to it but what I really want to know is do they (Girls Generation) really sing or is it lip-syncing as suggested in this thread?

What percentage of the KPop groups are involved in lip-syncing? Just curious.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:08 pm »
Yes, have you noticed on the latest album cover that Yoona is barefoot and slightly out of step with the other members, while Soo Young is holding a plastic dinosaur, an obvious reference to extinction. The girl at the back sports a skeleton t.shirt which is another obvious sign of a recent band fatality.

:shocked:

On the cover of 'The Boys', there are only two sparrows on the cover, which as we all know represents the souls of the two girls who have died. There are also two fish, which represent their faith: Christianity. It's also interesting how only two of the girls have these animal icons close to their portraits.

This is a very deep rabbit hole indeed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:14:27 pm by hilarity ensues »

• jenglish
  • Super Waygook

• Gwangju Elementary
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 03:48:14 pm »

:shocked:

On the cover of 'The Boys', there are only two sparrows on the cover, which as we all know represents the souls of the two girls who have died. There are also two fish, which represent their faith: Christianity. It's also interesting how only two of the girls have these animal icons close to their portraits.

This is a very deep rabbit hole indeed.

I'll take the red pill, please a la Matrix :P  But wouldn't the girls just be replaced with cloned versions of themselves or some cuter, more feminine boy band members! :evil:

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 06:00:29 pm »
I'll take the red pill, please a la Matrix :P  But wouldn't the girls just be replaced with cloned versions of themselves or some cuter, more feminine boy band members! :evil:

Yes, good-- the first step is to spread the word and shake the deluded sheep out of their apathy. This is more important than actually doing anything. When everyone learns how to see through the lies, only then will we get the cutest all-girl pop group of all time.

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »

Wait!  What?  They have names?

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 08:13:14 am »
KPop nauseates me so I don't pay any attention to it but what I really want to know is do they (Girls Generation) really sing or is it lip-syncing as suggested in this thread?

What percentage of the KPop groups are involved in lip-syncing? Just curious.

I'm pretty sure ALL tv apperances are lip-synced and any live performances that involve dancing are heavily lipsynced (like Brittany Spears) in Korea.  They do the same in many countries regarding T.V., like Japan.

If you guys are not trolling and actually amazed at the overhype of kpop groups, you either haven't been here long enough or just wiki "Idols".

Here is a fun video of the band MUSE messing with an Italian TV show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faL1TrglphU

• odie
  • Veteran

• December 20, 2010, 09:15:10 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 09:23:57 am »
I think the producers need to rethink their strategy. If 7 of them can still entertain fans just as well as 9 could, they could be saving millions of wan in cutting two paychecks. And for GG, I'm going to go so far as to say that they could 3 of them could do what 9 of them could do and the quality would be exactly the same.

That's about how many people out of a multi-person band become really famous anyway. It's time to cut the dead weight!
Seoul.AngloINFO.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 10:05:01 am »
I think the producers need to rethink their strategy. If 7 of them can still entertain fans just as well as 9 could, they could be saving millions of wan in cutting two paychecks. And for GG, I'm going to go so far as to say that they could 3 of them could do what 9 of them could do and the quality would be exactly the same.

They could save even more on wages by just having one girl band release all the K Pop singles but I suppose they've worked out that the marketing is better this way. 

• jenglish
  • Super Waygook

• Gwangju Elementary
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:26 am »

That's about how many people out of a multi-person band become really famous anyway. It's time to cut the dead weight!

Just like Spice Girls--Posh Spice couldn't sing a note but they wanted a girl with a goth-style look for a certain demographic.

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 10:17:36 am »
Just like Spice Girls--Posh Spice couldn't sing a note but they wanted a girl with a goth-style look for a certain demographic

True but are there really 9 different types in GG? I'm thinking two. Skinny girly looking ones who can speak English and skinny girly looking ones who can't. Unless you count the different shades of hair dye

• jenglish
  • Super Waygook

• Gwangju Elementary
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:48 am »
Just like Spice Girls--Posh Spice couldn't sing a note but they wanted a girl with a goth-style look for a certain demographic

True but are there really 9 different types in GG? I'm thinking two. Skinny girly looking ones who can speak English and skinny girly looking ones who can't. Unless you count the different shades of hair dye

You could say the same for the boy bands too! :evil:

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 10:45:33 am »
You could say the same for the boy bands too!

Nice one

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:53 am »
I believe Posh Spice was suppose to be the "stylish"one, hence the name Posh Spice.

You don't have many groups because if one chick from a group is caught in some scandal, the group name is then tarnished.  And since these Idols are put on a pedistal, it'd be WAY too risky.

Maybe to your eyes, there is not enough of a difference in the 9 girls but to the Koreans, it's alot.  It is also a gimmick.  A Japanese pop group consists or 48 young girls.  The Kpop industry is just a bunch of re-hashed ideas, musically and talently.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 11:14:16 am »
I believe Posh Spice was suppose to be the "stylish"one, hence the name Posh Spice.

Actually her name came from the fact that her father was a second hand car salesman and used to drop her off at school in a Rolls Royce. Though in fact she was as common as muck as the rest of them  ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:16:51 am by eggieguffer »