Read 5011 times

• mrjinglescf
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2012, 07:31:28 am
    • Seoul
    more
chronically understaffed burger king
« on: January 16, 2013, 11:55:19 am »
good comments. eye opener for me. that's why I asked.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:40:24 am by mrjinglescf »

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
Re: chronically understaffed burger king
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »
No, you're not wrong. Burger King is amazing here (compared to McD's).

Although the LOTZ burger at Lotteria doesn't reach Whopper status, it's still way better than McD's Big Mac so if you need something to fall back on...
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• VizionMC
  • Veteran

• April 05, 2011, 12:21:52 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 12:11:17 pm »

"Junk food and fast food negatively affect the brain's synapses. ... Brain synapses and several molecules related to learning and memory are adversely affected."
[/quote]

No sh&t.  What's your point?

• mrjinglescf
  • Veteran

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 12:15:36 pm »
Fast food negatively affects they synapses because of the chemicals in it, specifically sugar, carbohydrates and salt.

Any substance you put in your body affects synapses. Every substance can develop a new neural pathway, and in the case of fast food, these neural pathways cause sensations of pleasure. When we were hunter/gatherers, our brains were awarded for consuming fatty, sugary, energy producing substances that increased our chance of survival, and therefore reproduction. 

The issue is is how much of this do you consume. If you don't eat too much, the neural pathways wont develop, and you won't lack pleasure if you don't consume fast food.

Its TOTALLY ok to eat some, just not to much.

• VizionMC
  • Veteran

• April 05, 2011, 12:21:52 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:20:20 pm »
Of course!  But, this is all well known I believe.  The OP wasn't asking if his dietary choices were good or bad, he was merely talking about a Korean store owner trying to save a few bucks by not paying the right amount of employees for the job. 

PS:  Big Mac is way better than Lotz Burger imho

• mrjinglescf
  • Veteran

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:22:14 pm »
Of course!  But, this is all well known I believe.  The OP wasn't asking if his dietary choices were good or bad, he was merely talking about a Korean store owner trying to save a few bucks by not paying the right amount of employees for the job. 

I know, somebody feels preachy today....

• Jrong
  • The Legend

more
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:25:01 pm »

Really? Cause the McD's I've been to in Korea don't have nutrition. There's nothing in the burgers. I can eat a big mac meal + bulgogi burger and my *muscles scream for  nutrition. I have to have a couple protein bars after a (supposedly) 1400 calorie meal. After a Burger King meal or LOTZ, my muscles are fine. This has happened so many times it's no coincidence.

*MAsuuules. Said like Arnold.

• mrjinglescf
  • Veteran

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 12:29:13 pm »

Really? Cause the McD's I've been to in Korea don't have nutrition. There's nothing in the burgers. I can eat a big mac meal + bulgogi burger and my *muscles scream for  nutrition. I have to have a couple protein bars after a (supposedly) 1400 calorie meal. After a Burger King meal or LOTZ, my muscles are fine. This has happened so many times it's no coincidence.

why don't you marry one?

*MAsuuules. Said like Arnold.

• mrjinglescf
  • Veteran

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 12:29:55 pm »

why don't you marry one?

• chuck2657
  • Expert Waygook

• September 11, 2012, 02:29:12 pm
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »

The Lotz Burger is terrible.  It is probably the worst burger I've ever had in my life at a fast food restaurant.  Well, with the exception of other burgers from Lotteria.  I suppose that's just my opinion, however (although my wife abhors Lotteria as well).  Big Macs aren't my favorite, but they're quite a bit ahead of the Lotz burger in my book.

(to KLM)
And I'll agree; how does implying the OP has low brain capacity/functions due to fast food answer the question of why the owner isn't hiring more workers when it would increase his profits.

• Jrong
  • The Legend

more
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 12:47:25 pm »
wow, all these people hating on the LOTZ burger. I cannot understand...

Back to OP's question if he's in the wrong.

?

You know you're in the wrong culture-wise, but you also know you're doing what's best for the people around you. Don't understand the OP's question.

• KLM
  • Veteran

• May 19, 2011, 10:24:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 12:53:49 pm »
You know you're in the wrong culture-wise, but you also know you're doing what's best for the people around you.

White man's burden. Won't the Koreans at the Burger King ever realize that the man from across the water was trying to help them? Almost certainly not in this life, but perhaps future generations will be able to read a wikipedia entry for "The Saint of Burger King." Prosperity gospel!

• Jrong
  • The Legend

more
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »
You know you're in the wrong culture-wise, but you also know you're doing what's best for the people around you.

White man's burden. Won't the Koreans at the Burger King ever realize that the man from across the water was trying to help them? Almost certainly not in this life, but perhaps future generations will be able to read a wikipedia entry for "The Saint of Burger King." Prosperity gospel!
You're right.

Because all cultures are equally stupid/smart in equal areas and we have nothing to learn from each other.

All equally irrational. Sure. You're a genius logician. Must be bc you refrain from eating fast food (and having relationships with foreign women -- which you couldn't no matter how hard you tried-- so had to settle for a relationship in Korea).

• chuck2657
  • Expert Waygook

• September 11, 2012, 02:29:12 pm
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 01:03:36 pm »

I'm impressed.  You're really racking up your "useless and sarcastic" post quantity for the day.  Most people would be challenged to make each and every post not only insulting, but also useless.  But not you waygook hero: you know that as soon as you relent, your self-aggrandized image of superiority will start to fade.

• mrjinglescf
  • Veteran

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 01:07:08 pm »

Yeah, youre right. I am a total dumnba$# for being upset that I wait in line for 15 minutes every time because the owner is to cheap to hire new staff. Oh youre right, I am imbecilic for recognizing deep cultural values that deter criticizing a manager at his restaurant. Right, I am anachronistic for believing that I have an opportunity to change a situation others won't. And, perhaps it's condescending jackasses like yourself that will help improve cultural understanding.

• wrinklebump
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 01:31:12 pm
    • Ulsan, Korea via Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »
I believe the Lotcheu bawgaw  is a mildly upgraded version of the now defunct Big Beepeu bawgaw, which looked like sewage, smelled like hot, hot garbage and tasted like catfood. I will not be trying it
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

• adamjay
  • Veteran

• August 29, 2011, 08:06:10 am
    • Wonju
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »

Yeah, youre right. I am a total dumnba$# for being upset that I wait in line for 15 minutes every time because the owner is to cheap to hire new staff. Oh youre right, I am imbecilic for recognizing deep cultural values that deter criticizing a manager at his restaurant. Right, I am anachronistic for believing that I have an opportunity to change a situation others won't. And, perhaps it's condescending jackasses like yourself that will help improve cultural understanding.
[/quote]

If you're going to run around calling yourself Mr. Jingle you really ought to lighten up a little.

And as someone who worked in fastfood I'd warn you against going there again.  Cultures might differ, but everybody knows how to spit.

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 02:30:15 pm »
Dear lord, we are all going crazy from boredom while deskwarming.   Somebody save us!

I almost made the OP a "First World Problems" meme, until I realized what I was doing.

Maybe I'll go do some pushups in the empty office instead.  Far more productive. 

One hour, 31 minutes to go today.....

• Engrish
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2012, 10:56:14 am
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 02:49:28 pm »

If you're going to run around calling yourself Mr. Jingle you really ought to lighten up a little.

And as someone who worked in fastfood I'd warn you against going there again.  Cultures might differ, but everybody knows how to spit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwWOAw-iY-w
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:51:06 pm by Engrish »

• MWeb37
  • Super Waygook

• February 11, 2012, 10:24:08 am
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »
I chuckled at 'bawgaw'.

....Carry on.