Read 2506 times

• tesoljon
  • Expert Waygook

• March 13, 2012, 12:16:12 pm
    • Ansan-si
actual diploma apostille?
« on: January 15, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »
Has anyone tried getting their actual diploma apostilled? As in, not just a "true photocopy"? If you have, do employers/immigration just make a copy and give you the diploma and apostille back?

The apostille fees, notary fees, and expediting/servicer fees are really starting to rack up, and I'd like to do it just once and have it valid permanently instead of getting fresh apostilles every time I change schools.

Re: actual diploma apostille?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:39:37 pm »
I made a high quality color photocopy of mine and Immigration thought it was real. They contacted my recruiter and told her they didn't want to use it because they'd have to keep it and they wanted me to have my real diploma. They were relieved when I told them it was a copy. Not sure if it's different if you're already in Korea and can go explain to Immigration in person.

• tesoljon
  • Expert Waygook

• March 13, 2012, 12:16:12 pm
    • Ansan-si
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:31:33 pm »
Hmmm... Sounds like copies are definitely the way to go. And new apostilles with each job.

Troglodyte - Since I'm getting kicked out of my public GEPIK high school, I'm trying to get a uni job.

• smahorz
  • Newgookin

• January 16, 2013, 04:25:39 am
    • California
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 04:31:06 am »
I ended up using www.apostillepros.c om

My degree was from California. The sos was just too far, so I sent them my degree and FBI background check. Sent both original. They made a copy of the degree, notarized it and apostille it. The notarized and apostille the original FBI background check. All done same day and sent by FedEx. So they got it Monday, I got it back on Wednesday by FedEx.

Just be careful with the FBI background check. Some want federal some take state apostille. State apostille is much much faster. Ask your recruiter. Mine was okay for both state apostille.

Happy with their service. Very professional.

Has anyone tried getting their actual diploma apostilled? As in, not just a "true photocopy"? If you have, do employers/immigration just make a copy and give you the diploma and apostille back?

The apostille fees, notary fees, and expediting/servicer fees are really starting to rack up, and I'd like to do it just once and have it valid permanently instead of getting fresh apostilles every time I change schools.

• rokdav
  • Veteran

• February 23, 2011, 12:27:46 pm
    • Daegu
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:37 am »
Damn, that apostillepros site looks awesome. Does anyone know if there are any similiar services for the UK? (prob not, we love making things as needlessly difficult as possible).

• lorimi
  • Newgookin

• January 29, 2013, 12:27:08 am
    • Taiwan
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:38:16 am »
Probably this one? For UK

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/services-we-deliver/legal-services/Legalisation/
http://www.apostille.org.uk/

Damn, that apostillepros site looks awesome. Does anyone know if there are any similiar services for the UK? (prob not, we love making things as needlessly difficult as possible).

• mikeoi
  • Newgookin

• February 01, 2013, 07:10:24 am
    • Vietnam
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:11:12 am »
Probably irrelevant, but nice pic.

Depending on your situation and the reasons for changing jobs, you might not need your diploma at all. In a lot of situations, you can just transfer your visa.

• heatvn
  • Newgookin

• February 05, 2013, 08:49:21 am
    • Asia
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 08:52:06 am »
I used them as well. Got my degree and FBI background check apostille +1

I ended up using www.apostillepros.c om

My degree was from California. The sos was just too far, so I sent them my degree and FBI background check. Sent both original. They made a copy of the degree, notarized it and apostille it. The notarized and apostille the original FBI background check. All done same day and sent by FedEx. So they got it Monday, I got it back on Wednesday by FedEx.

Just be careful with the FBI background check. Some want federal some take state apostille. State apostille is much much faster. Ask your recruiter. Mine was okay for both state apostille.

Happy with their service. Very professional.

• heatvn
  • Newgookin

• February 05, 2013, 08:49:21 am
    • Asia
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »
I got a copy of degree, notarized and apostille. Used an expedited service here as well.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 01:17:58 pm »
Korean Immigration want a copy of the original from my understanding.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 09:35:15 pm »
A copy of the original degree. FBI original plus apostille.

Korean Immigration want a copy of the original from my understanding.