Read 12501 times

Re: POLL: Have you had "food poisoning/stomach flu" recently?!
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 01:13:14 pm »
I'm pretty sure I got pretty severe food poisoning [over about 36 hour period]  from fried chicken back in December, or it may have been late November.

I went back to the chicken place afterwards - tastes too good.

• odie
  • Veteran

• December 20, 2010, 09:15:10 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 01:51:57 pm »
I got the stomach flu Christmas Eve and Christmas day and then my husband got it around New Years. It was going around our church and other circles of friends so I'm sure it wasn't food poisoning. I'm wary of this new flu epidemic coming through. I don't want anything like that again...
Seoul.AngloINFO.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.

• hwana
  • Expert Waygook

• September 29, 2010, 09:19:04 pm
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 02:19:16 pm »
Do not read below if you are squeamish!

I spent a good 90mins or so on Monday night sat on the toilet and vomiting into the sink. The runs continued throughout the day yesterday but after a nice 13 hour sleep I felt back to normal again this morning.

A younger me would have called in sick, but I'd only returned from a month's holiday on Monday so thought it would be poor form to call in sick so soon. My principal said I didn't look so good yesterday morning when I came into school and when I told her I'd not slept as I'd been sick in the night she replied (not in English, but words to this effect) "That's too bad. So what time does English camp start today?"  ;D  ;D It's nice to be back!

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »
Had raw oysters from the fish market...ended up in the hospital... thought I was going to die! My badddddd!

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »
I got decimated by a bug that apparently some of my students also caught, presumably from the gimbap stand near the school. 

• keemchee
  • Newgookin

• January 24, 2013, 10:30:29 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:45 am »
I think the OP said "food poisoning/stomach flu" because you don't always know which one you have.  I suppose it was better than writing "have you been shitting yourself lately". 

• Frozencat99
  • The Legend

• October 09, 2011, 04:31:36 pm
    more
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:49 am »
Can we change the poll since most people almost certainly did not have food poisoning?
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 01:32:59 am »
It struck me down early January, sat on the loo whilst throwing up into a bowl, temp. of 38.6. Felt like c**p.  I thought it may have been something I'd eaten but also considered the virus thats been going round. 

I was more concerned about passing it onto my 6 month old daughter so went to the hospital and the Dr confirmed it was a noro-virus... Similar to the one that has been going round the UK. 

Thankfully it was only 24hr virus and after spending 6hrs rigged up to an IV in the hospital I went home and slept about 10hrs, woke up the next day feeling a bit groggy but a hell of alot better than the previous day.   

• eveliens
  • Super Waygook

• November 05, 2010, 08:49:25 am
    • Seoul, Korea
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 01:03:20 pm »
I was hit with something a couple weeks ago. Went to bed fine and woke up around 3am to hit the toilet hard. Then 4am. Then 5am. At 6am I texted my co-teacher that there was no way I was coming into work because I couldn't even stand up without feeling like I was going to lose my insides then smack my head on the ground and die. At 9 she called me back and woke me up... cue another run to the bathroom, this time out the other end. I was so weak and disoriented I had to call and ask a friend to bring me water from the store 30 seconds walk down the street. Woke up the next day and felt fine, if tired and sore. I didn't eat for another 24 hours though; just looking at food made me heave.

Plus I got all kinds of grief from my school that I could NOT be sick and I MUST come into camp, even if I laid across the desk in a coma and showed the kids a movie after taking a cab from my house to the school on my own dime because I was too weak for the subway/walk :rolleyes: Not really what you want/expect to hear after being so violently ill.

• Menlyn
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 02:10:21 pm
    • Suwon
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2013, 11:52:15 am »
I had it in December (might have been late November...)

My buddy who was in Korea visiting me for a week, had it yesterday.

• Agarath
  • Adventurer

• June 19, 2012, 02:13:29 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:48 am »
^saw your post and googled Korea norovirus and found this.
this is a bit scary

http://www.fda.gov/Food/NewsEvents/ConstituentUpdates/ucm304600.htm

TL:DR: the US government thinks that Korean shellfish isn't fit for consumption and has blocked imports from Korea.

My school took me to a seafood restaurant where i ate a few shellfish. The next day I was puking all over the place. This could explain it!

• VizionMC
  • Veteran

• April 05, 2011, 12:21:52 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 09:36:20 am »
Before flying out for Winter vaca my wife and I ate at a local seafood restaurant in Incheon.  She didn't eat the raw oysters.  I pounded about 10 of them.  Was violently ill for the following 3 days...

• Jaffazoid
  • Adventurer

• July 14, 2012, 08:02:05 pm
    • Ulsan
    more
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2013, 01:25:15 pm »
I had a chicken burger from McDdong-alds at 2am. I think I was asking for food poisoning.

• s8smith2
  • Waygookin

• September 16, 2012, 03:34:11 pm
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »
Something at a Pizza Hut salad bar messed up my digestive track for a couple unpleasant days.