Read 1862 times

• tesoljon
  • Expert Waygook

• March 13, 2012, 12:16:12 pm
    • Ansan-si
Korean job interview style
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:16:42 pm »
I'm hoping y'all can shed some light on this for me. I had a job interview earlier today and wasn't given a chance to ask any questions. There were two interviewers. After about 15 minutes of one them asking questions, they stood up. I stood up thinking we were about to go somewhere, to the English Zone perhaps, but then they thanked me for coming and left.

In the USA, there is usually a time during the interview for the applicant to ask questions of the interviewers. In Korea, is it common for job interviewers to not allow the interviewee time to ask questions?

• terivinix
  • Expert Waygook

• October 19, 2011, 02:20:32 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Korean job interview style
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
Most of the interviews have done have been more like a scene in a James Bond movie where the main villain has Bond in a deathtrap and explains his nefarious plans. Usually that seems to get the job done.

The fact that they didn't let you ask questions means they probably either have done so many interviews that it's all running together or they don't do many at all. Either way, it's simple unprofessionalism and you shouldn't read too much into it.

Re: Korean job interview style
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 07:05:14 am »
The interview for the job I have now pretty much consisted of, "Korean food is very spicy, can you eat it?", "How tall are you?", "What did you eat for dinner?" and "Do you eat meat?" 
I thought it was really strange but it was over skype and the connection was pretty bad. Anyway, I got the job and it's not too bad. Having a time to ask questions probably wouldn't have helped that much since I've been asking questions for months now and I still don't know whats happening half the time.