Read 10218 times

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
    • ROK
    more
Re: How did you meet in Korea?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 09:35:11 am »
I met my gorgeous significant other, like so many other couples have met, on the Internet.

There it was..."For sale, brand new, never opened Canon 5D Mark II."

The price was good, she looked perfect, it was love at first sight...I went for it.

*click*

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 11:24:10 am »
My wife at the time needed a NET at the hagwon in '07 and she chose me out of a bunch of pics from the agency she was using. when my parents came to visit 5 months later, my mom told me that the owner had a crush on me. i didn't think anything of it. later the "owner" took me out bc she knew i was lonely during the US thanksgiving holiday time. we kept going out every weekend after that, got married two years later, and have been married for 3 years and have a 5 month baby boy.

i think our story is a little unique bc not many end up marrying the hagwon owner and all the things that i left out.... i still tease her that i was her "male" order husband.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:12:20 am by jeonjubibimbap »

• Hannabelle
  • Adventurer

• March 27, 2012, 09:15:10 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »
Randomly started playing darts and then watched the sunrise over the ocean! And then the fireworks started at the fireworks festival in B Busan! :D

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »
my friends of friends of friends...oneday we had lunch all together!!

• alexc2000
  • Veteran

• October 13, 2012, 10:20:21 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
    more
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 08:33:53 am »
I met a few good Korean girls. Though I'm not sure how to approach one of them since I am an amateur who has never been in a real relationship before.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 09:10:02 am »
Koreancupid.com

Don't hate.

This month marks 2 years.

me too! it'll be three years in december  ;D
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• kmark
  • Adventurer

• November 11, 2010, 02:11:45 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 11:33:56 am »
When I was still trying my best to learn Korean, I joined one of those language exchanges. The first time we met we talked for like 6 hours. A few days later we met again talked for something like 8 hours. I thought, "Sht, I don't want to spend that much time with myself, so if she's still interested she must be a keeper." A year and a half later she hasn't run away yet.

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 11:42:26 am »
I met my gorgeous significant other, like so many other couples have met, on the Internet.

There it was..."For sale, brand new, never opened Canon 5D Mark II."

The price was good, she looked perfect, it was love at first sight...I went for it.

This one makes me tear up  :cry:

• alexc2000
  • Veteran

• October 13, 2012, 10:20:21 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
    more
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »
When I was still trying my best to learn Korean, I joined one of those language exchanges. The first time we met we talked for like 6 hours. A few days later we met again talked for something like 8 hours. I thought, "Sht, I don't want to spend that much time with myself, so if she's still interested she must be a keeper." A year and a half later she hasn't run away yet.

You definitely found "the one" here.

• namerae
  • Featured Contributor

• September 26, 2011, 09:38:41 am
    • Anyang, South Korea
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 09:33:03 pm »
I acted on instinct and decided to go with a hiking group to the East Sea to watch the sunrise last New Years. After a day at a ski resort, we struck up conversation while everyone was playing drinking games around us. About 2 hours before sunrise, we were still talking about everything and didn't want to sleep. The next day we held hands while watching the sunrise, and we've been together ever since. ;D

• assah
  • Adventurer

• April 19, 2011, 09:48:18 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 07:26:27 am »
We had some mutual friends and when we first met. At the time she had a boyfriend and I had a girlfriend. I went down with a friend and her to see her boyfriend play music in Daejeon that time actually. We saw each other a few times since then. Last Christmas I got invited to a pension with a bunch of friends and she was there. We hooked up after a few drinks and watched the sun rise together.

The funny thing is she had pinkeye and I got it for about 2 weeks. Was it worth it? Well, it's 9 months official and I couldn't be happier.

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 07:31:42 pm »
I was at Macondo's Latino Dance club and asked this pretty girl if she would dance the Merengue with me. Had a magical time and we've been married for 13 years and are still dancing!
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 12:59:09 pm »
I was walking down the street when I saw a cute Korean girl getting mugged.  I confronted the attacker and he pulled a knife on me.  Luckily, I spent a couple of years training in 3 different martial arts and was able to defend myself as well as incapacitate the mugger.  She was so grateful for helping her that she offered to buy me a drink and we talked all night.  Been together since.

None of that is true but it's what I like to tell people.  It sounds better than the truth, which is that we met online.

Dang, I was really impressed!

I met my boyfriend on a (reluctant) blind date set up by my coteacher. I didn't want to go, I just wanted to please my coteacher and go on a sogetting for the experience. I didn't really care about impressing him, either, so I just acted like myself.

I wrote him an email after our date saying that I was looking for friendship and not dating, and he said he was OK with that and kept asking me out for dinner. . .

the rest is history.
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes-- until I met a man with no feet.

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 01:06:17 pm »
Koreancupid.com

Don't hate.

This month marks 2 years.

me too! it'll be three years in december  ;D

Me three. But it hasn't been that long yet for us, but we already are saving for the wedding and I already know where and when to propose.  :wink:

• mycena
  • Veteran

• May 08, 2011, 10:59:19 am
    • Masan
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:27 pm »
I was the Divemaster for his intro scuba course and he thought I was pretty and started asking my instructor if I was single. At the time, I was seeing someone else, but our mutual friend encouraged him to pursue me. A couple of weeks later, my relationship ended and a month after that, I got a FB message for him. We've been together for a year now.  ;D