Read 881 times

• mizzflyy
  • Newgookin

• November 28, 2012, 12:41:04 pm
    • Korea
Switching school/city?
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »
Hey EPIKers,

I started my contract this September and I reeeeeallly don't like my city and my situation.
It's completely different from what I expected.
I was given a MOE, but my school is very far in the outskirt that it can't even be considered a Metropolitan city. It takes me an hour to travel into the city.
I gave up my other option to come here because I was accepted to an MOE, but now I feel cheated.

Anways, my question is: is it possible to switch city or school in the middle of my contract?

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: Switching school/city?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:07:39 pm »
no, you have to reapply to EPIK (or GEPIK, etc) and start all over again.

and a MOE won't like it if you want to switch to a different school, in the same city, in the middle of a contract. i know for daejeon that they only let you change schools after you've been there for two years now. but that might not be strongly enforced.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Re: Switching school/city?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:12:12 am »
Where are you based roughly? It maybe that within your 2/3 months here you've not really discovered what your area has to offer or maybe better transport links.

At the end of the day, your only option is to quit and try to find a hagwon job in a location you like (of course you'd have to do all of your paperwork again and the other negative things about quitting.)