Read 2569 times

• locks
  • Adventurer

• November 03, 2010, 11:42:46 am
    • daejeon
beat the teacher!
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:45:43 am »
Just an idea.

Has anybody tried having students Vs the NET?

I was thinking of having students saying something in English.

You will have to translate it into Korean.

If you can 1 point for you, if you can't 1 point for them.

Also you could do alternatives. I.e you say something in English and them in Korean.

Or you could do it in rounds.

I was thinking of this idea. For a random warm up. Or A 10 minute time filler.

You could even use it for certain categories that you had covered in class.

However, I understand that many of us Nets have limited korean. So is probably more suitable for some rather than others

Was just seeing if anyone had tried this and if it worked?

Let me know thoughts and opinions.

• Morticae
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 31, 2010, 12:45:33 pm
Re: beat the teacher!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 12:01:39 pm »
Not sure if you're looking for other teacher vs student ideas, but I have played boggle.

Entire class vs Me.

I usually win (I play aggressively), but sometimes they pull out a win.

There's a boggle PPT floating around here (don't use print out boggle games).

• Piv1618
  • Waygookin

• September 16, 2012, 08:15:13 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 01:30:14 pm »
"Finger Race" type games are good fun and do not depend much on language ability to play. You know, where you and your opponent start at either end of a long gameboard with squares made of English phrases. Rock-paper-scissors to see who goes first, and take turns reading the squares to make your way towards the center. Use your fingers or an eraser to mark your spot. When you and your opponent meet, Rock-paper-scissors again - winner keeps going; loser has to start again. For some more active fun, thumb wrestle those lil' so-and-so's.

I suggested to one of my coteachers that I should learn the vocab words in Korean for each lesson in order to play a "teacher's Korean vs. students' English" game, but she assured me that little Korean kids are mean and would respect me less if I don't pronounce their language perfectly =(

• Chicagohotdog
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 04, 2012, 12:25:31 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
    more
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 09:06:08 am »
I've done something like taboo.  The students are in teams and they need to come up with something for me to guess and three words that can't be used to explain it.  The students draw it up on the board and write those three words and the other teams need to try and explain to me.  I get 2-3 guesses.  If I can't guess, the team that drew it gets a point.  If I guess it, the other teams get a point (if one team never gives any clues, or doesn't at least try, then I won't give them any points).
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you