Read 7434 times

• Astrokiwi
  • Adventurer

• September 02, 2012, 01:30:09 am
    • Tongjin, Gimpo
So when we signed up for our contracts which our flash new phones, we gave the staff our bankbooks and they made copies of the front page - which made me assume that payments would be automatically going out. However, I've had the contract for over a month and it looks like no money has come out of my account. Similar deal with internet at home.

So... should I be worried? I've been getting texts from SK telecom (in Korean) about a billing app, but for all I know that's just advertising they send to everybody. The websites appear to all be in Korean. However, it might just be that the billing cycle is a bit longer than I expected (e.g. if you sign up half way through the month, that wait for one and half months and give you a fatter bill, rather than giving you a half bill for the half-month), and that everything is fine. Anyone else have any advice or experience?

• jaredw
  • Waygookin

• August 12, 2012, 09:01:59 pm
    • Pohang
Re: How do I pay my SK Telecom phone or internet bill? Is it automatic?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:36:46 pm »
I purchased my iPad through MobileBoo, using SKT as my carrier. They take money out of my account on the 22nd of every month. But because I bought my phone on August 10th, I was not charged until September 22nd. You have to have at least 30 days between purchase and billing date before you have automatic withdrawal.

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:35:43 am »
You should go to your bank and they will set you up with an auto-withdrawal program. Don't forget your passport, ARC, and contract for phone + internet.

I had mine set up pretty quickly and the payments automatically come out the day after payday.
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

• lbcloud
  • Veteran

• June 22, 2012, 05:05:05 am
    • United States
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »
I got my cell phone with SK in the first week of August.

They did not withdraw funds from my account until September 22. So, I waited almost two months for money to come out.

Like you, I was kind of panicking the entire time wondering if there was something I was supposed to do.

• Astrokiwi
  • Adventurer

• Tongjin, Gimpo
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 03:13:35 pm »
I got my cell phone with SK in the first week of August.

They did not withdraw funds from my account until September 22. So, I waited almost two months for money to come out.

Like you, I was kind of panicking the entire time wondering if there was something I was supposed to do.

Good to know! Hopefully the money has been taken out today...

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:40:39 pm »
I ran into a problem with this - got a phone with SK and my lovely coteacher who took me (who is very sweet and helpful but sometimes has trouble with English) assured me that the bill would be automatically deducted every month. Two months later nothing had been taken from my account; she took me back to the store where I purchased the phone where they informed her that they couldn't find my bank account or something to that effect. Turns out that when I set up my bank account, even though I had my ARC number they used my passport number on the account. I went in to change it to the ARC number this Monday and am hoping that I'll see something deducted sometime soon :s

• Astrokiwi
  • Adventurer

• Tongjin, Gimpo
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »
It turned out the money wasn't been taking out automatically. I had to do a direct transfer - there's a SmartBill app that's all in Korean that shows you how to do it. I'm planning on going to the shop at some point to set up the internet banking properly - I live in a smallish town so things aren't totally professional here, so I'm not surprised if there was a stuffup or a miscommunication.