• Mattaru
  • Veteran

• April 26, 2012, 03:29:10 pm
    • Yeongam
--
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:02 am »
-----------------------
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:13:56 am by Mattaru »
My first day I watched a few lessons and had my first class which was a Grade 2 class or something like that. I thought every things was great until a kid ddong-chimmed me. 

• JamesBondGibbon
  • Veteran

• March 12, 2012, 06:19:35 pm
    • O-dee-eh?
    more
Re: [HQ] MS/HS: At The Doctor's, with Angry Birds Bomb Game
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 07:50:40 am »
Excellent PPT and Game!!

Now all I need to do is wait around for a week or so and somebody is sure to upload an accompanying worksheet!  :P

JK I'll upload one when I have time

• Mattaru
  • Veteran

• Yeongam
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:49:24 am »
 :laugh: Haha yeah,  as I said, my coteacher has this  >:( look on her face whenever I pull out a worksheet or practice activity that isn't teacher fronted. So I've had to find ways around it.

If you upload anything please post it:D
My first day I watched a few lessons and had my first class which was a Grade 2 class or something like that. I thought every things was great until a kid ddong-chimmed me. 

• JamesBondGibbon
  • Veteran

• O-dee-eh?
    more
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 02:31:00 pm »
I cut and chopped this PPT around to make it fit with the worksheet that I made for it - basically just a matching exercise and a page for writing down partners answers. Although this is quite heavily edited, pretty much everything is taken from other contributions so thanks for that. I like to keep each activity shortish so the SS don't have time to get bored. Any feedback appreciated. Cheers Mattaru for original upload.

Introduction: Introduce idea of being ill or having an injury. Introduce the 14 ailments, have students guess if it's an illness or injury. Upto slide 20.
5-10 mins.

Worksheet Part 1: Hand out the worksheet. Have students match the picture to the English word, working in pairs. Go through the answer as a class (or go back to start of PPT to show on projector)
5-10 mins.

Hospital Vocabulary: Doctor, nurse, male nurse, patient, medicine, appointment etc.
2-3 mins

Class Speaking Practice: Starting slide 33, end slide 44. Write on the board; Doctor: "What's the problem?" and Patient: "I feel..." and "I have a" Choose 2 students to stand up, S1 asks S2 what the problem is. S2 looks at the PPT and gives their response. S1 sits down. Next slide. S2 chooses a student to stand up and asks them what the problem is. Until all slides are finished.
7-8 mins

Worksheet Part 2: Write the matching English word next to the Korean on the worksheet.
5 mins

Pair Speaking: Instructions slide 49. Students sit opposite each other (one student is facing projector screen, one student facing the back of the classroom). One student (patient) reads the slide and one student (doctor) writes down answer on "Doctor notepad". "Doctor" student asks problem, patient gives answer from the slide. Doctor writes down problem. 7 patients and then swap.
10 mins

Final Slides: "After, the doctor might say", read through as a class. SS might get a kick fom the Obama doctor slides at the end. Until finish, free time, or use the Angry Birds game above (I can't enable macros properly for some reason so I can't use the game because rewards screen doesn't pop up).

• JamesBondGibbon
  • Veteran

• O-dee-eh?
    more
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 04:05:44 pm »
Ooops, forgot to upload^^

• Mattaru
  • Veteran

• Yeongam
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:51:16 am »
Hey the worksheet is excellent James! Great chance for me to practice my Korean too, hah! I'm going to use this with my advanced first grade class - my co-teacher doesn't mind me doing worksheets with them.

• lee233
  • Super Waygook

• August 31, 2012, 09:53:46 am
    • Korea
    more
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:03 am »
Hey Mattaru and JamesBondGibbon, thanks for the excellent ppt. Out of curiousity what were the class sizes that you did this with?
If wishes were horses beggars would ride

• Mattaru
  • Veteran

• Yeongam
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 11:33:59 am »
My classes have 22-30 students.
I divide them into groups of 4 (middle school) and up to 6 (high school).

How about you? I'm curious to know how this class will work with fewer students.

• lee233
  • Super Waygook

• August 31, 2012, 09:53:46 am
    • Korea
    more
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 11:53:12 am »
I have pretty similar class sizes. 29 - 31 for middle school and 15 - 22 for highschool. I'll let you guys know how it goes with the smaller classes, thought it will probably be a couple weeks before I use it.
If wishes were horses beggars would ride

• JamesBondGibbon
  • Veteran

• O-dee-eh?
    more
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 08:59:53 am »
I just used it this morning and it worked great. They're usually pretty inert so I'd call it a success. Having each activity only last 5-10 mins works really well and the students don't have enough time to get bored.

This was done with a class of about 35 (probably the largest 3rd year class, some are only 20 students) third year middle school students.

• JamesBondGibbon
  • Veteran

• O-dee-eh?
    more
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 09:01:44 am »
This has gone well with every third year class so far, will be rolling it out to the 2nd and 1st graders over the next few weeks as well  :afro:

• NickDowl
  • Explorer

• September 05, 2012, 06:32:49 pm
    • Haman, South Korea
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »
I can't get the Letters to link to the questions. Where exactly is the tutorial for adjusting Office's security settings. The game looks great and like it would be a hit with the kids.

• Mattaru
  • Veteran

• Yeongam
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 08:44:42 pm »
Lesson has been absolutely excellent for MS 1-3 and HS 1-2. High Schoolers found it a little easy I think, but they weren't bored which is great!  :azn:

Again, I said I won't be able to do a technical guide or troubleshooting. Daejeon is gone Nick, but I'll do a screenshot tutorial of what I know, for you. What powerpoint are you running and what language is it in?

First this is with powerpoint 2007.
Not sure how it works with other versions, but here it goes:

1] Select Powerpoint options under the Ribbon

2] Select Trust Centre and Trust Centre settings.

3] Make sure the last option is selected. Enable VBA thing.

4] Active X controls: make sure last option is selected.

• NickDowl
  • Explorer

• September 05, 2012, 06:32:49 pm
    • Haman, South Korea
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:44:52 am »
Thank you for doing that. It's an older version of Office ('03 maybe) so it might not work, but thank you anyways.